The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2018 Mares Hurdle

Home Forums Archive Topics Cheltenham Archive Cheltenham 2018 2018 Mares Hurdle

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 77 total)
  • Author
    LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1882

Guess VVM wasn’t burning up the gallops after all!

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

Strange one LS3, and highlights the dangers of these preview nights!

BDD w/o looking healthy now

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1882

Yes indeed Jack. I’ve had some ante-post shockers this Festival but I’m really happy with Benie.

LostSoldier3
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 1882

BDD the only Mullins horse in the race now.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

Yup, same thanks for spotting, have it doubled with Monalee in JLT, in the hope they drop him in trip because of the ground…..would be nice and personally would rather see him there!

ham
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3393

I guess we will find out how good BDD is then, would much rather she went ryanair personally as her jumping looked such an asset, but with la bague au roi in now she will have a tough race on in the w/o

Good luck with BDD

Participant
    • Total Posts 2851

Thanks for putting that 5/1 w/o Apples Jade up LS3. Looks a cracking bet now.

I’m on her to win any race from early in the season at 14s but I can’t see her being good enough over hurdles to beat the favourite.

As it goes, I always imagined her as a Ryanair horse as her jumping is absolutely superb.

Participant
    • Total Posts 3879

Ham, on going to Ryanair, i guess WPM has options for it already, and as they’ve said her “great” jumping gives her problems with her back.

For this, without Limini they haven’t much to try and push AJ for all i wouldn’t think Benie will either. She’d need to be Annie Power.

Participant
    • Total Posts 7234

Can’t see past Apple’s Jade here without accidents. LA BAGUE AU ROI has been in solid form and just a little room for each-way thievery at 13/2, not my style particularly so better than 6/4 without the favourite would do me.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1406

Like the Champion Hurdle, the favourite could win this by 10 lengths if she wanted to, so a win bet on Apple’s Jade @ 4/7. BDD will do well to match her chase form over hurdles as her jumping won’t be such an advantage over the smaller obstacles. Kayf Grace – what happened last time? Has she two ways of running? LBAR – don’t fully trust the trainer to get it right and too short. So Jer’s Girl at 14/1 1/4 with 365 is the E/W option but, like in the CH, not going to play with a horse who can’t win.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1018

Quite a poor race this. Apple’s Jade should win, but she is not interesting at this price. Not too convinced about Benie des Dieux. Great jumper, but no hurdle races for here in the past two years. Wonder if she get enough advantage from her jumping here. La Bague au Roi has beaten Jer’s girl while giving her weight and her next start on soft ground was excellent.

La Bague au Roi 8/1 EW for me.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1332

GM34, why not play W/O AJ if you like Jers Girl? 365 are 5s without.

Participant
    • Total Posts 6132

This fav wins this doing handstands!! Personally I think this could have finished in the frame in the champion hurdle and will beat this lot easy barring mishaps!

A left field remark for you guys PRAVALAGUNA at 100/1 e/w and 40/1 without the fav. Only to small stakes but at them prices you don’t need a lot on!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 2367

Are Apples Jades’ chances increased or decreased by the ground being the way it is?

Participant
    • Total Posts 574

Wonder if we should be criticising Elliot’s training there? To me she looked badly in need of the run.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7204

Lovely big mare…and well done the tiny little mare Midnight Tour scurrying up the hill for 2nd. Hadn’t even looked at her in the betting but you’ve got to be a bit :heart: about a little ‘un with that attitude.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7204

To me she looked badly in need of the run.

Mullins reckoned she needed plenty of racing when he had her. I think he said she needed to be trained like a gelding.

Viewing 17 posts - 52 through 68 (of 77 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.