The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Champions Fillies and Mares 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Champions Fillies and Mares 2020

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • Author
    jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

A month to go for this + potentially a key race in the Prix De L’Opera which could change the market for this, but i do think a early bet on Fancy Blue is worth taking at 7s.

Degree of risk attached as she probably needs to run a veyr good race in France first, but i see this as her next target potentially.
    My view is Magical will go for the Champion Stakes like last year and i doubt Enable or Love will come here after. Peaceful up to 1m4 would be a surprise for all they’ve said she could go to 1m2 again. Tarnawa could come here and looks a much better filly this year again, so she’s a danger no doubt. Even so + Alpinista would also be considered dangers IMO.

I’ll take the 7s now anyway.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2139

I’d be very interested in tarnawa if she was to turn up

Her last two wins have been very impressive

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

Turned up last year so i’d imagine she will again. She has been very good to be fair to her- but i thought the last run was a little flattering in how it was run + i think the second should’ve been a fair bit closer.

I think the 3yo fillies this year are a good bunch and hopefully Fancy Blue will prove that!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2139

Her and the second were both held up in a race that was 4 seconds faster than standard so I’m not sure what scenario sees raabihah finish closer. Unless raabihah hasn’t run anywhere near to form which is very possible I suppose as it will just have been a prep for the Arc whereas Tarnawa will have been fully tuned up.

She did the same to cayenne pepper the time before too

Either the 3yos shes been beating arent great or she has taken a big step forward from 3 to 4

I suspect a combination of the two

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

I don’t think Raabihah travelled anywhere near as well as she has done in her previous races…did well to run how she did, i suspect she’s a fair bit better.

Agree though, Tarnawa better than last year ok!

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17713

No Antepost for me in this at the moment, but with Pista looking like going elsewhere, One Voice and Bolleville interest me, both at 29’s.

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 187

Evening folks, Donnacha has reported on his instagram that Fancy Blue has been retired due to a tendon injury.

I am not sure if she turns up here or goes straight to the Breeders Cup but I have taken the 9/2 Sky Bet are still offering on Tarnawa.

If youve got a fancy in the race get in there quick before the bookies catch on :good:

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 187

I probably should have read the below article first but with Fabcy Blue being retired there may be a chance she comes here, albeit doubtful.

https://www.irishexaminer.com/sport/racing/arid-40060007.html?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 187
    Clints
    Participant
    • Total Posts 187

Enable has been retired

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2193

Even So 7-1

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

That’s Enable + Fancy Blue off the list.

One thing i said to myself after the last flat season was antepost betting from September on can be frought with danger. As you can see above i didn’t listen to that advice myself. Noted for next year….

Hoping Alpinista comes here i’d potentially back her. Also Thundering Night if it turns up soft could be overpriced but she’d have to improve as well.

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1302

Magical could still run here, 3/1 is massive potentially

Otherwise Even So and Dame Malliot are both interesting from a trends perspective. The Vermeille could be a key piece of form to pick through.

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2193

Even So was only ‘ready to start’ in September with this race being the target. The juice in the ground won’t do her any harm, didn’t get involved in the hard races on Arc weekend, and gets the handy 3 year old allowance.

What’s not to like? :-)

jackh1092jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2846

I like her as a filly Mike, but whats the excuse for her last run?

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 40 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.