The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Brave Inca

Home Forums Horse Racing Brave Inca

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • Author
    Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

I think the notion that Brave Inca "needs" AP McCoy tomorrow will be dispelled with Ruby booked to ride the Champion Hurdler. Inside track will really suit the speedy Iktitaf and I find it hard to call. A good run from BI will leave me more than happy and a defeat will encourage the bookies to push out his price for the Champion again. Looks a fascinating race.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

What a dog Brave Inca is, surely won’t recover after another hard race…..;)

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Quote: from trackside528 on 3:04 pm on Dec. 29, 2006[br]Fantastic performance again today from Brave Inca, wasn’t sure considering the track/ground were not in his favour.. looks to have improved again since the Hattons Grace..

Speaking of dogs (eh Grasshopper), shades of Harchibald in the runner-up’s performance today? :o

Second didn’t appear to find much though that may be attributable to jockey’s much discussed style!

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

The runner up quickened right away from the third horse after the last, but was simply not good enough against Brave Inca. Once again little or no credit given to the now 9 time Grade 1 winner who is not a "worthy" Champion Hurdler…..

seabird
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2924

BRAVE Inca indeed.

They shall not pass.

PS…………..is it me or does Iktitaf have a rather high head carriage?

Colin<br>

(Edited by seabird at 6:27 pm on Dec. 29, 2006)

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Well he should have quickened up from the third FFS….

Ik’ seemed to dawdle a bit in his previous race and maybe didnt seem to go through with it today (need to wtach race again…rather than from 100 feet at Newbury). If so, then hes not my idea of a Cheltenham type at all

Carberry said he didnt like the ground but hes got form on heavy

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

If he is anywhere near the lead turning in at Cheltenham I cannot see him get beat to be honest.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Not at all concerned that his form this year remains at least a stone below what he was showing last year? He’a a horse I’ve got plenty of time for, was thoroughly deserving of his crown last year and has a record at the top level that makes him stand out among his contemporaries at present. But what he’s shown this season doesn’t warrant 4/1 quotes to retain his crown imo.

That said creditable opposition to him is, like last year, beginning to fade away. His stablemate Fethard Lady couldn’t be supported at present, Harchibald has question marks against him, as does Iktitaf after todays performance. Macs Joy looks the one horse that looks overpriced to me, but I couldn’t entertain backing him until he is at least being entered for races.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Take a literal view of the form book with a horse like Brave Inca will not get you very far. Some might think its barmy but after the Hattons Grace I said on here and elsewhere that I was really impressed with him, others differed. Again today really impressed with him. Conditions all wrong with everything against him and still comes out on top. He couldnt win a Hattons Grace in previous attempts yet he has done this year, he won comfortably today by his standards and to me he looks like he could be a better horse this year than last year. I suspect Brave Inca will be favourite on the day after his AIG win and common sense finally descends on the market.

cormack15
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 8818

Although not the same physical specimen BI reminds me of Monksfield. Whatever beats him at Cheltenham, if any, will know it’s had a race.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Again today really impressed with him. Conditions all wrong with everything against him and still comes out on top. He couldnt

Two no chancers and one that didnt go at all on the ground (so we have been told)?<br>

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

I was really impressed with BI today, he travelled and jumped better than he usually does. I can’t see any horse turning him over in the CH, certainly not Detroit City.

JohnJ.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Kauto Star beats proven 160 chasers 14 lengths on the bridle and is promising, Brave Inca is all out to beat Silent Oscar 6 lengths who is 40 lb inferior to him and you are ‘impressed’.

Is it anytihng to so with Brave Inca being green?;)

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

DJ,

My old mate, not at all! How could you think that of me!!!! I am sure that when BI gets good ground like the "Green" WoA, they will both show their worth;) .

JohnJ.

Aidan
    • Total Posts 1198

Kauto Star beats proven 160 chasers 14 lengths on the bridle and is promising, Brave Inca is all out to beat Silent Oscar 6 lengths who is 40 lb inferior to him and you are ‘impressed’.

Is it anytihng to so with Brave Inca being green?

Come on when have I not given KS the credit he deserves? DJ I give you more credit than this, BI would beat a 120 horse in the same style as he would beat a 160 horse….surely we all know that now at this stage.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 17 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.