The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Blunderbuss

Home Forums Tipping and Research Systems Blunderbuss

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 206 total)
  • Author
    kingmonkeykingmonkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 832

Hello all.

Rich has encouraged me to join here to put this little system up after being posted elsewhere since Dec 1st last year.

As a background- this is unlikely to make profits to SP. And I’m actually surprised to see it doing so well on Superodds, however Betfair is where this system really comes into it’s own.

It’s ideal for me as I request prices in a morning and then can bugger off and return later to see how they got on. I never request less than 1.5 times the Racing Post forecast, and often a lot more for the bigger prices. Occasionally I’ll check back during the day and make allowances on the unmatched bets for any non-runners.

As a consequence the daily results to Betfair and SP can differ massively. Sometimes there could be say 10 losers but the BF result may be only 3pts down because the prices won’t have reached those requested.

Equally you can miss some winners (a 50/1 shot once!:angry: ) again because the price didn’t get high enough. (Think with said 50/1er I’d requested 200 and it reached 160 on BF- which was a bit of a downer!)

However if you can take the rough with the smooth on the exchanges hopefully you shouldn’t go too far wrong. Recent winning notables were Creon at Cheltenham (W 50/1- got 80s) and Ulysees a couple of weeks ago (W 33/1- got 56, probably could’ve got a fair bit more)

Results recently have been a bit slow, down in May so far, but that happens reasonably often and thus far has always come back.

Totals to date, which is where I’ll pick up from, are:-

National Hunt

SP +0.50, Superodds +82.58, Betfair +195.22

Flat

SP -2.50, Superodds +20.41, Betfair +63.13

All Weather

SP -84, Superodds -71.50, Betfair -19.99

These are from 1-12-2003 and have been posted elsewhere. Rich can verify this as I’m sure can others that are members of other forums (Seen at least one other familiar name already and I’m sure there’s probably a few). Betfair results are after commission.

If anyone’s got any queries about this I’ll do my best to answer- although it’s highly unlikely the rules will be part of it!

If anyone does decide to to follow I’d be particularly interested in their experiences of what prices they obtain on Betfair and maybe Betdaq as I really am just playing by ear in what I request and hoping I’m somewhere near- touch wood it’s worked so far.

Cheers

KM<br>

kingmonkeykingmonkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 832

And here’s todays.

Wolverhampton<br>3.35 My Legal Eagle<br>4.40 Golden Legend / Chandelier

Redcar<br>3.25 Annie Harvey<br>5.00 Bond Moonlight

Windsor<br>6.15 Landucci / Music Mix<br>7.45 Shredded

KM

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5825

Welcome kingmonkey.

Good luck for today.

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

kingmonkeykingmonkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 832

Cheers matron.

Just noticed missed the"g" off the tag line in the title. Is it possible to edit?

Not really bothered- might attract a different type of enthusiast to this thread. Rebecca Loos perhaps?

KM

MatronMatron
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5825

Funnily enough, no.

I can delete and edit topics but not alter the title.

If you are happy, we will leave it or you could start the topic again if you wish I will delete the one with "g" missing.

It is up to you.

Regards – Matron<br>:cool:

kingmonkeykingmonkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 832

Nah, let’s leave it.

I always feel you should never backfit anything :)

KM

paul66
    Participant
    • Total Posts 641

HI Kingmonkey

Nice to see you over here, good luck

kingmonkeykingmonkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 832

Thanks Paul. Having a really crap month so far with virtually everything I’m trying. Blunderbuss doesn’t really bother me ‘cos bad runs are to be expected but some of the more consistent stuff is showing hefty losses for the last couple of weeks which is a bit of a worry!

Anyway, nothing for BB today. Got 4 of ’em on at Betfair. Chandelier was the main disappointment ‘cos got 16.5 on that one.

Totals

National Hunt

SP +0.50, Superodds +82.58, Betfair +195.22

Flat

SP -7.50, Superodds +15.41, Betfair +60.13

All Weather

SP -87, Superodds -74.50, Betfair -20.99

KM<br>

kingmonkeykingmonkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 832

Tuesday

Hereford<br>1.50 Madalyar<br>2.20 Manly Money<br>2.50 Blue Dance / Batten Down<br>4.35 Red Georgie / Alformasi

York<br>1.30 Bayhirr / Lord Mayor / Caracara<br>2.00 Parview Love<br>4.45 Blue Kandora

KM

kingmonkeykingmonkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 832

2 winners on NH today at 5/2 and 10/1- ironically I managed to get a price on BF only for the 4 losers! All the flat bets lost, 2 of which I got on at BF with.

Totals

National Hunt

SP +9.00, Superodds +92.33, Betfair +191.22

Flat

SP -12.50, Superodds +10.41, Betfair +58.13

All Weather

KM <br>

kingmonkeykingmonkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 832

Wednesday

Brighton<br>3.45 Flying Spirit

Exeter<br>4.00 Barons Pharoah

Perth<br>9.00 Travel

York<br>2.30 North Light<br>3.00 Play That Tune / El Coto<br>3.35 Fiefdom / Pivotal Flame<br>4.45 Mana D’Argent / Gran Dana

KM

cotsey
    • Total Posts 5

some nice winners there.keep it up

paul66
    Participant
    • Total Posts 641

HI KM

Not backing these at the moment – but well done today a very impressive performance, hope you made a good packet :)

RichNFord
    • Total Posts 252

A fine effort today KM, well done m8!

Rich<br>

kingmonkeykingmonkey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 832

Cheers guys.

More on what I made today in a second Paul. Firstly there were winners at 4/1, 11/2, 6/1 and 14/1 to give 26 points profit all told at Superodds.

For myself, as I mentioned at the start I only back these on Betfair, requesting decent prices. And amazingly not one of the winners reached a price I wanted! I must be the only person in the world who could have those winners and make a 3pt loss on the day :angry:

Anyway, that’s sort of convinced me to free up some funds from other systems I try and put these on at Superodds- although I’m still gonna have a watching brief on the AW.

Totals after today:-

National Hunt

SP +13.50, Superodds +97.33, Betfair +191.22

Flat

SP +6.50, Superodds +31.41, Betfair +55.13

All Weather

KM <br>

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 206 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.