The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betway Summer Plate 2020

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Betway Summer Plate 2020

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • Author
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17610

Looks like a tough old puzzle again…..

https://www.racingpost.com/racecards/35/market-rasen/2020-07-10/760162

https://www.oddschecker.com/horse-racing/ante-post-racing/national-hunt/betway-summer-plate-handicap-chase/winner

There’s two who jump out at me here…

San Benedeto – Fresh from a run at Royal Ascot, he’s already jocked up with Bryony Frost booked, and though he’s ran abysmally here before, he’s possibly in better nick than he was then, as he looked like he had an issue that day. Slight concern that this is a prep for Galway, but he’s of interest. 10’s

Imperial Presence – Plenty of letters to his name, but he ran a good enough race in The Plate at Cheltenham, and on that basis he looks a bit big at current odds. 20’s

Fidux and Western Miller also appeal, and though no bet yet, the shortlist very much this pair……

Imperial Presence 20’s
    San Benedeto 10’s

• Total Posts 17610

Another one added to the shortlist is Solomon Grey

Always a horse I’ve had a soft spot for, and although high enough in the weights on overall achievements, I think he can figure here. Certainly an easier task than chasing Altior and Cyrname.

He’s got course form, and trainer had Bandsmam good to go at Uttoxeter yesterday in The Summer Cup, where he was very unlucky.

He’d be my #1 now, but not bet yet

Solomon Grey 12’s

• Total Posts 17610

Finally had a bet here, and took 20’s for Imperial Presence.

I’ll definitely add Solomon Grey, but hoping for bigger than 12’s.

Imperial Presence 20’s

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4465

The top three on my ratings are:

Potterman (9/1 available in places) – Progressive novice last summer and presumably trainer has had an eye on the event
    Knockgraffon (16/1 generally) – Rested since an injury last May. Competitive at this level and every chance if still near his best.
    Solomon Grey (9/1 generally) – Has often hinted at ability without quite cutting it. Mixed campaign last trerm, but I would hope the rest has done some good.

WEALTH WARNING – I should qualify the above with the observation that my record in this race over the years is utter cr*p! Here’s hoping this year’s slightly different angle can crack it!

• Total Posts 17610

lol Rob, a very mixed bag for me too, but not as bad as The Summer Hurdle for me.

Missed the 12’s for Solomon Grey, but took 17-2 and 11’s.

The other pair holding, so not bet them yet, but definitely going triple handed.

Imperial Presence EW 5 Places
    San Benedeto
    Solomon Grey 11’s

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 384

With the form of the Skelton yard I’m expecting solomon grey to go close , I’ve also played fidux and rev forecasted them , good luck all

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7155

I think that Drumcliff would have a good shout here if he were fit enough after
    being off since last October. He had his best days with Harry Fry and has found
    his way back there last November after a spell with Aidan Anthony Howard. He was
    given a wind op with 2 weeks of being back, so maybe fry has identified what the
    problem was after a lean spell last year. If it has done the business and he is
    fit enough 1st time out I would fancy his chances here. It’s certainly no
    disadvantage having Jonjo Jnr on his back.

Drumcliff 14/1 E/W 5 places

He Didnt Like Ground
    Participant
    • Total Posts 384

I’ve had 5 2nds today Inc Fidux ….lost count with the no of 2nds that Fahey has had this week ….I’m not knocking on the door more like putting my head through it

Viewing 8 posts - 1 through 8 (of 8 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.