The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Sprint Cup 2010

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Sprint Cup 2010

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 36 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Starspangeldbanner has been cut by most bookies so looks like he be running though still no news yet

As you’ve probably seen, they’ve said he’ll run unless something extraordinary happens.

• Total Posts 184

As you’ve probably seen, they’ve said he’ll run unless something extraordinary happens.

Something extraordinary such as O’Brien deciding to draw him out at the last minute for some obscured reason? That and still no assigned jockey causes too much uncertainty :?.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7622

O’Brein added in the racingpost website that O’Donoghue will likey ride him if he gets the go ahead

• Total Posts 184

O’Brein added in the racingpost website that O’Donoghue will likey ride him if he gets the go ahead

True enough but still hanged on "likely to", likely to line up for the race, likely to be ridden by O’Donoghue.
    O’Brein also stated that a final decision will be dropped at the morning of the race.

• Total Posts 184

16 runners declared, Equiano is out of the list.

Participant
    • Total Posts 443

Not a drop of rain before the race and a sweet draw 2 off the rail. Markab has things in his favour. Now just gotta prove he’s good enough

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Had a tiny bet on SSB at 9/4 a couple of days back so hope he runs. I’m sure he’ll win and most who opposed him must have had sleepless nights hoping he’d be a non runner.

Saving my money for Famous Name in the Champion Stakes, 25/1 each-way, yes please.

leither
    • Total Posts 114

Interested in remark of A Nicholls Regale Parade is a completely different horse with cut in the ground thats why i backed him in frace last time out, would prefer soft ground for him tomorrow.

Getzippy
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1152

Time for me to creep out of the woodwork.

I think Starspangledbooty is too short – this race may come to soon or he could be over the top.

I like Rainfall at 14/1 EW – beaten 6 lengths by Goldikova last time out over a mile. Unexposed over sprints and trainer Johnston doesn’t tilt at rainbows.

OK, 6Fs may be too short, but at the price worth the risk.

I’m gonna have a sneaky RFC with Lady of the Desert.

Good Luck all.

Zip

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Regal Parade 8.8 on betfair :shock: get on.

Avatar photoPeter Poston’s Ghost
    Participant
    • Total Posts 553

Our Jonathon at 50/1 (SJames) is a value e/w bet.

He could be ‘owt.

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

SSB looks to have got a bit warm under his girth – can’t have it.

Markab please.

Participant
    • Total Posts 2034

Someone explain that?

Onthesteal
    • Total Posts 1387

What’s there to explain? If Markab prduced his Kings Stand run, he had this wrapped up. The break done him the world of good. :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 443

Nothing to explain…

Think about it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m giving Markab a chance. Got 16/1 last night before Paco was taken out. Just need a decent draw and ew could be landed. Its drying out at Haydock and clear skies all the way to Saturday expected. His second to Equiano puts him right in there if he gets conditions. 16/1 is a big price if he gets what he wants

Well done nulty,good bit of reasoning there!

Irish Stamp
    • Total Posts 3176

Fillies have a brilliant record in this race and there’s a few in there at the min.

One filly ran in the end – first in her group, second overall.

Not too bad :)

Well done to all on Markab! :)

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 36 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.