The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

betfred Gold Cup

Home Forums Horse Racing betfred Gold Cup

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 60

I have just been looking at the ante-post betting for various races, and noticed the betfred Gold Cup (i am much more into the jumps circuit than the flat-as you probably know by my posts, anyway–)<br>I was looking at the various entrants, and saw that one of the horses i support is posted in the betting – the outlier, he ran in the grand national.. and unseated at the 22nd fence i think. he was running at the front and seemed to be going well.. i know he will be a big price, but i am wondering if he is worth a gamble.. he seems to be coming on though my doubts come when i see him try to run a trip over about 3m (as he was pulled up in the midlands national, after running well till 4 out.).. <br>I also see that exotic dancer is posted to run, being at the moment JF with reveillez and alderburn.. quite a few who are posted ran in the GN last week, do you think they will still run in this?<br>any views on this race would be appreciated. <br>thanks :o

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

In a previous thread I announced that I’d found 90 on Bewley’s Berry on BF. If that comes in I’m rolling in it; so I’ll be keeping a low profile WRT the Betfred at the mo.

For me though, you can’t discount Lacdoudal, loves the ground, won the race last year, will love running this race in general.

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

I have to agree with Friggo, Lacdoudal seems to love sandown, loves fast ground, and has slipped down the weights this season back to a similar mark to which he won it last year. He also looked like he was coming back to form in his last run at aintree

yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2923

Best not to get involved till the 5 day decs are out later today :cool:

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

19 declared at the 5 day stage, lacdoudal has been taken out, not sure why aas i thought he had been aimed at the race all season. maybe injured?

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Where did you find that out Dave? The place I usually check, the RP website, doesn’t have it up yet.

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

At the races web site. Not as good a site for the write up etc of a race, but is much more on the ball news wise!

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Cheers, will try and use that a bit more in future.

dave 22
    • Total Posts 339

If you find out why lacdoudal wasnt declared let me know! He is one of my favourites!

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.