The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair Void Bets

Home Forums Horse Racing Betfair Void Bets

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    KINGFISHERKINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

"yeats":s00etl7s wrote:

Surprisingly Kingfisher you’re being extremely naive regards this. Past form of the horses has nothing to do with it.
    Punters make mistakes all the time on Betfair but always have to pay the piper.

I hear what you are saying Yeats and i can understand where you are coming from,i remember those who offered

Wichita Lineman

at 999/1 getting their fingers burned as have many others ‘stupid’ enough to offer such ridiculous odds.This however is completely different and what makes it so is the fact that

Voler la Vedette

was always travelling like the winner from a long way out so nobody would genuinely offer 29’s about a horse literally tanking away on the bridle in what was really a 2 horse race with strong form to suggest the said horse could actually beat the same horse (Mourad) from their last encounter.For that notion to have any real bearing you would have expected the jockey to miraculously fall off just before the line and then it would be an obvious plot,not even my 2nd fav flat jockey could talk his way out of that scenario.No i’m of the opinion having watched the race several times that No way in a million years would anybody really think the winner ever looked like losing,Wichita Lineman on the other hand never looked like winning.I would still like to know a bit more about what actually did happen mind as its quite normal for humans to f things up,someone has big time here and pulling the wool over punters eyes only encourages the likes of Yeats to see things a bit too fluffy! :)

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26562

I don’t think it is Gord that is being "naive" in this case Yeats.

Although may be "naive" isn’t strong enough in your case. :wink:

value is everything
    yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2926

A useful contribution to the debate gingertipster and there I was thinking you were going to state some evidence and facts to back up Betfair on the issue.

Maybe you could send an email to Chappers at ATR on the issue and he can read it out in that sarcastic voice of his that he normally reserves for you whenever you send him one :lol:

stodge
    • Total Posts 92

Chapman was certainly in overdrive on ATR first thing this morning and it was dreadful PR for Betfair to be honest.

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

All publicity is good publicity?

Betfair name in the news, acknowledged that there is no real alternative exchanges, highlighting the huge sums that can be matched and won there, etc.

Maybe a couple of hundred people who didn’t get a free gift but didn’t lose either.

Will all be forgotten about soon and business as usual will continue.

Since when has horse racing and gambling on it ever been considered above board or even remotely close to the level?

Storm in a teacup, we’re here beause we like it, if we didn’t we’d move on, we all like a bit of controversy every now and then.

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Exchanges; a place where the shrewd mugs can make money out of the complete mugs.

:lol:

Racing Daily
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1364

Exchanges; a place where the shrewd mugs can make money out of the complete mugs.

:lol:

You got that one right lol

HimselfHimself
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3772

Tony Calvin seemed a man very ill at ease and on his guard throughout when quizzed by Matt Chapman on ATR. He came across as bumbling and verbally challenged – a very poor advert for Betfair: incidentally, a betting medium I have never used.

Calvin stuttered a lot and appeared tongue-tied, constantly repeating himself, especially when dealing with the more difficult questions from Chapman. Ok, he may have been nervous but as a PR man/ spokesman for Betfair, he was poor. He appeared totally out of his depth and moreover, his answers seemed totally unconvincing. :roll:

Gambling Only Pays When You're Winning

Participant
    • Total Posts 26562

A useful contribution to the debate gingertipster and there I was thinking you were going to state some evidence and facts to back up Betfair on the issue.

Maybe you could send an email to Chappers at ATR on the issue and he can read it out in that sarcastic voice of his that he normally reserves for you whenever you send him one :lol:

You noticed Yeats, well done, it was deliberate.
    Your words above could easily be attributed to your own second post on this thread Yeats. :lol:

I thought about giving a "useful contribution to the debate" with "some evidence and facts to back it up", then thought, why should I bother when you don’t? :roll:

Pot, kettle, black. :wink:

value is everything
    yeatsyeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2926

But I don’t need to produce any evidence or facts, that’s up to the company voiding the bets and their supporters (gingertipster) :wink: :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 26562

It’s good to know some people believe everything they’re told :roll:

How is this a "useful contribution to the debate" Yeats?

If you’re going to respond like that, why should I respond any differently to you?

value is everything
    quadrilla
    • Total Posts 468

A program/system error, that allows a user to exceed their limit is bollox.

Betfair – either get the punter who layed the bet to pay-out, wind-up your Company or change your name to Betatyourperilhaha.

ricky lakericky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2358

It seems on reflection . whatever the reason or circumstances for this weird event , one thing will be certain , punter confidence will be diminished

Once that happens it will take a while for it to recover .

Perhaps those shares are not such a good idea after all

Ricky

robnorthrobnorth
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4628

A program/system error, that allows a user to exceed their limit is bollox.

quadrilla

Nice bit of in-depth analysis there! Any chance of offering a more credible explanation of what happened?

Rob

quadrilla
    • Total Posts 468

Yup.

A user with £600 million credit, probably the Betfair Sneeky Account controlled by the relatively junior person, made a massive call and a huge cock-up whilst Betfair had a skeleton crew working over the Christmas holidays.

Well, you did ask :D

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.