The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Betfair Void Bets

Home Forums Horse Racing Betfair Void Bets

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • Author
    Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

That’s the point, no one believes it was a genuine "customer". There was an oversight in not putting any upper limit of liability on their own account. If it had been a real account and the customer had missed the decimal point would Betfair have voided all bets on the race due to that customer’s palpable error, or would they have been liable up to their maximum liability?

Unless someone takes out a civil action that would require the naming of the account holder then I do not suppose the whole truth will ever come out.

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

You cant beat a bit of ‘Conspiracy Theory’ and there is plenty in Horseracing,it goes with the territory,most of us are well aware that Betting coups exist,its always been part and parcel of the game but on this occasion the ‘Betfair Market’ that was created doesn’t tally with the race itself.Now had the horse in question been

Mourad

,that would have left a gaping hole that not even the greatest B*llsh*tters could have filled.No i genuinely believe the layer has made a massive mistake but the Betfair Police have made a bigger one,someone has to be held to account.The Betfair Backroom Boys dont need to ‘play’ too hard as most of us are playing for them (commission wise)! :(

andrew_03
    Participant
    • Total Posts 820

‘the BOT developed a fault’

Sounds like something out of Westworld!

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5115

Anyone who availed themselves of those crazy odds, who had pictures courtesy of ATR, RUK, or any live feed should feel thoroughly ashamed of themselves

Too good to be true? Indeedy

A minority burgled and burnt the suburbs of London last summer

Those who didn’t – hold your head up

Zarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Should the people who got 1000s on Wichita Lineman or any other 999/1 winner be ashamed of themselves too?

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

I was wrong.

Betting Exchanges; a place where the shrewd mugs think they can win money from the complete mugs but only if the machines let them.

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5115

Should the people who got 1000s on Wichita Lineman or any other 999/1 winner be ashamed of themselves too?

No, of course not, that was a judgement call. This ludicrous 28/1 or whatever it was, was the greedy laying into (playing into?) a market that was obviously incorrect.

You can picture or hear them now can’t you?

‘Fk me summats wrong, joy, might as well fill me boots’

surreptitious knowing glee – I win – all that matters :?: :?:

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

What I did notice from Blunkett’s original screen shot was that another trader, presumably another bot, had offered 21. This shows that the in-running market is being controlled and made by machines. It basically means that the average punter is just being fleeced by automated systems that can react much faster than we mere humans.
    The whole process is a technological confidence trick.

Hurdygurdyman
    • Total Posts 1559

Yep and no one landed on the moon it was mock up in a ABC studio. JFK committed suicide and 991 was rockets not planes. :roll:

I can’t believe there are people out there who actually think they should benefit from this.

Childish Greedy lowlifes the lot of them and if that includes any of you lot then too bad. Wear the badge it suits you.

Tuffers
    • Total Posts 1402

What I did notice from Blunkett’s original screen shot was that another trader, presumably another bot, had offered 21. This shows that the in-running market is being controlled and made by machines. It basically means that the average punter is just being fleeced by automated systems that can react much faster than we mere humans.
    The whole process is a technological confidence trick.

It’s pretty much the same situation as trading in equities – the only difference being that the pension funds of millions of people are held hostage by those machines.

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

I do not think anyone should benefit from it. In short the use of bots on exchanges should be prohibited so it is a level playing field.

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2926

I can’t believe there are people out there who actually think they should benefit from this.

Childish Greedy lowlifes the lot of them and if that includes any of you lot then too bad. Wear the badge it suits you.

I would suggest that the person attempting the laying using the bot to guarantee a profit for himself without the risk is a much bigger lowlife than any of those attempting to back the horse at 29. He even had a failsafe of only having a £1000 in his account.

If you’re appalled at punters trying to back a horse at 29 in running God knows what you’d make of some of the activities that occur behind closed doors at Betfair Towers.

Have a look at the betting next time any horse falls or a goal is scored.

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

"yeats":3hfjk2q7 wrote:

I would suggest that the person attempting the laying using the bot to guarantee a profit for himself without the risk is a much bigger lowlife than any of those attempting to back the horse at 29. He even had a failsafe of only having a £1000 in his account.

Yeats,just to clear up this cloudy picture a bit. Do you believe a layer with a mere £1000 in his account ‘intentionally’ offered 29’s about a horse that should have been less than 2/1 when the odds were offered, genuinely thought they could make a 6 figure profit from this race? Call me a bit thick if you like but thats how i interpret your posts! :shock:

yeats
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2926

"KINGFISHER":7wbn3g9c wrote:

Yeats,just to clear up this cloudy picture a bit. Do you believe a layer with a mere £1000 in his account ‘intentionally’ offered 29’s about a horse that should have been less than 2/1 when the odds were offered, genuinely thought they could make a 6 figure profit from this race? Call me a bit thick if you like but thats how i interpret your posts! :shock:

No

KINGFISHER
    • Total Posts 1511

A minority burgled and burnt the suburbs of London last summer

Those who didn’t – hold your head up

Thats a good analogy when you come to think of it as those who did ‘back’

Voler la Vedette

at 29’s as it past the post could actually be accused of stealing.As those who fell into the ‘herd’ mentality when pilfering all those shops during the riots thought ‘Well if they’re getting away with it why cant I?’.Human nature is a strange thing,i see 5 lads have now been arrested for the shooting of a young man,makes you wonder! ‘Nowt so queer as folk’ eh? :roll:

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 85 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.