The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

BETFAIR COMMISSION RISE

Home Forums Horse Racing BETFAIR COMMISSION RISE

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    sportsnapper
    • Total Posts 7

This is why we need competition, Betfair have banned plenty this pm who have complained about it. This is what happens when one company have a monopoly on something.<br>Views anyone?

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

I don’t like it but they can do it as the purple outfit are obviously always gonna play second fiddle as the I/R liquidty is shocking and the weetabix wont be around in another year imo another THe Sportsman

roryrory
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2685

Betfair have only one prerogative ~ to maximise their profits. Either punters will pay for this ore they won’t. My view ~ they will.

Shadow Leader
    • Total Posts 763

Perhaps you’d like to explain how Betfair hold the monopoly on exchanges sportsnapper? They haven’t prevented any other firms from trying (and failing) to launch in the same marketplace and they aren’t the only exchange operating.  Ergo they are not a monopoly.  The difference is that they offer what the punter wants – chiefly liquidity.

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

Quote: from rory on 10:58 pm on May 23, 2007[br]Betfair have only one prerogative ~ to maximise their profits.

Very true. I just hope that next time people want to moan like hell at the bookies for poor value etc. that this comment is borne in mind, as the very same applies.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2742

<br>  :old:

Betfair has a real duty to its user base<br> Why ?<br> Because of the word fair !<br> As Betfair’s liquidity has transformed it into a near monopoly<br> the word fair has become more difficult to control

alan1
    • Total Posts 167

I must have missed this, what has the commission risen to?

Friggo
    • Total Posts 1593

It only really affects those with bigger Betfair points, you can find it all here.

Bigmelly
    • Total Posts 10

I have recently joined Betfair and thought it was better value than the ‘street bookies’ however as we all now see regardless of who we bet with there is no such thing as a poor bookie. They are in it for pure profit and the punter always suffers.<br>Mind you we all still carry on in the hope that one day we will win!!!  

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

Even I’ve just re-activated my betdaq account, and, I’m an insignificant player.  

Surely this is the biggest opportunity betdaq and wbx will ever get to make inroads. If they fail to grasp it we’ll all be losers in the long run.

After all Betfair aren’t even a plc yet…

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2742

:old:

Big blue rules the waves<br> me ol’ porky tooty<br> and in the words of the song<br> and ever more shall be so.

Pig if you are looking for a goat<br> Hang me if you will<br> for my flash of the moment sin of single handedly<br> disassembling the lifeline<br> of the Betfair Union Group.<br> I put a wolf head on at a meeting and <br> destroyed Bone’s fleshy vision of a bet fair world.<br> Of course they listened <br> it was gamble; born on a flutterwing,<br> the true son of betfair<br> illegitamate or not,<br> he’s a daddy.

(Edited by gamble at 9:17 pm on May 24, 2007)

tooting
    • Total Posts 379

Wise words oh woolly chum.

DJ was right about that blog!

Money on
    • Total Posts 178

The More i look at it the more it makes me mad, i hover from between 3.25 % and 2.75 % but mostly its 3 and 2.75. but if i was to not do alot for a week or 2 and i slip down to under 32k points, in the old format id still be paying 3.25 but with the new it wud be 3.5 which can mount to alot more commision in a week or 2.

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2742

:old:

Thanks Toots<br> but no-one wants to see a man<br> with his trousers round his ankles

an each way chance cheered up the day

would be transformed into…

I picked the money up with some relief kicking tia out of maria<br> as I headed to the bar area passing by the blog to get thirsted up

apologies for the trump money on !

(Edited by gamble at 11:29 pm on May 24, 2007)

sberrysberry
    • Total Posts 1801

again, people must use betfair because they thinks it offers them value or profit – they would not use it if it did not offer them value or profit, would they ?

of course we would all like more not less but they are in business to make as much money as possible, so why be surprised they are doing this ?

more than 9 out of 10 punters lose anyway so it doesn’t matter to them and if anyone else want’s to stop using betfair they can, can’t they ?

i’d like commission rates to be reduced to zero actually and the odds offered on shorter priced selections to increase by 20%, i’d like a smoke with my beer in the pub in July and after and i’d like to see the price of cider and cigs go back to 1995 prices too – it won’t f**king happen though will it, nor do i have to keep going to the pub or drinking cider and smoking tabs

what a load of old b*****ks  this argument is, if you don’t like it don’t use it

(Edited by sberry at 8:13 am on May 25, 2007)

<br>(Edited by sberry at 8:14 am on May 25, 2007)<br>

(Edited by sberry at 8:14 am on May 25, 2007)

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.