The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Best Trainers of 2006 So Far

Home Forums Horse Racing Best Trainers of 2006 So Far

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • Author
    Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

Trainers who have been consistently good this year, trainers who dont always win the higher profile races but whose horses usually give their best especially when fancied (< 10/1)

For me 2006 so far both these have been superb at their profession

Flat – Alan Swinbank<br>NH – Sue Smith

(Edited by Cavelino Rampante at 7:27 pm on Oct. 6, 2006)

Mounty
    • Total Posts 455

Surely all horses give their best all the time, not just when fancied? ;)

Drone
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5124

Alison Thorpe

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from Drone on 8:43 pm on Oct. 6, 2006[br]Alison Thorpe

<br>Beat me to it!

For the kinds of animals they have at their disposal, I’d have to list Charlie and Adam Pogson as well.

Jeremy<br>(graysonscolumn)<br>

(Edited by graysonscolumn at 9:51 pm on Oct. 6, 2006)

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Richard Fahey and Kevin Ryan stand out for me. Both again have had excellent seasons. Would be fascinating to see what they could do with the horses that Channon, Ed Dunlop and Amanda Perratt are given.

John Spearing always knows how good his horses are and places them accordingly.

The Welsh Wizards that are Peter Bowen and Evan Williams are well and truly established these days as knowing their onions, just wish that Evan’s runners were more consistent.

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Keep an eye out for Brendan Powell

Lingfield
    • Total Posts 919

Gary Moore does well at the southern tracks with moderate material

PAULCS
    • Total Posts 529

<br>Tim Pitt<br>Evan Williams

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

A D Brown and R E Barr have also been quite superb this year

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1891

Kevin Ryan seems to be a wizard.

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

Donald McCain jnr, another winner at Bangor today for Trevor Hemmings. If he’s sending horses to him he must be doing something right.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Were you there today, Ruth? Looked a bit of a clean-up job for NTD and young Mr Evans again.

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

quixallcrossett
    Participant
    • Total Posts 358

Yes Jeremy, I was there, another 3 can do no wrong at the moment. Knowhere was very impressive, jumped superbly, Greenlough won the Mares Bumper by a very wide margin. Big talking point was Jonjo’s horses, with one exception (Carnival Town) they ran atrociously, dark mutterings round the course that there’s something not right at Jackdaws.<br>What about poor old Quixy, such a a shame, comparatively young at 21, have you told Geoff S?

lucky jack
    • Total Posts 13

jj quin going great guns flat and NH<br>was at bangor today<br>caraman won very easy first race

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from quixallcrossett on 10:46 pm on Oct. 7, 2006[br]Yes Jeremy, I was there, another 3 can do no wrong at the moment. Knowhere was very impressive, jumped superbly, Greenlough won the Mares Bumper by a very wide margin. Big talking point was Jonjo’s horses, with one exception (Carnival Town) they ran atrociously, dark mutterings round the course that there’s something not right at Jackdaws.<br>What about poor old Quixy, such a a shame, comparatively young at 21, have you told Geoff S?<br>

<br>Knowhere was on my Ten To Follow list which appeared in a certain ill-starred newspaper earlier in the week, along with Grecian Groom – so far so good.

Absolute waste of time giving him such a similar task to his Perth race today, though. We knew beforehand that he had the speed to win a 2m4f chase, and it would have made more sense to find him another small race over 3m+ to see whether he could be counted a Royal & SunAlliance Chase aspirant of any merit. As it is, he is compelled to have to find that out in better company having won two novices’ chases now.

Have been trying Geoff’s phone intermittently today without any luck – chances are he may have seen Andrew Scutts’ short interview with Ted in today’s RP by now. Either way, he’ll be mightily upset.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 19 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.