The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Bernard Manning

Home Forums Lounge Bernard Manning

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • Author
    sberry
    • Total Posts 1801

husband and wife lying in bed and the husband says "i bought some of those flavoured condoms today"

wife replies "good, i like like games, let’s see then …" and disappears beneath the sheets.  she pops up a couple of minutes later and says "that one was cheese and pickle …"

husband says "i haven’t put one on yet"

—–

[removed]

—–

don’t blame me, he said he couldn’t remember any – cue the bunny hugging liberals screaming at corm to get his eraser out ….<br>

Small Bear
    • Total Posts 52

hehe, i’m making the most of being ageist while i can :biggrin:

however, i think the very fact that he wrote an obituary and asked to have it published in the Daily Mail says it all….bloody Daily Mail readers….should all be shot!! ;) :biggrin:

gamble
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2805

<br> :old:

I presume your the youngest of the three

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from cormack15 on 10:18 am on June 20, 2007[br]He was a racist, sexist dinosaur.

However, you couldn’t help but laugh….<br>

<br>I managed.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

lollys mate
    • Total Posts 625

To call a comedian a racist ?

Isn’t there job just to make people laugh at themselves and also other people ?

Manning once quoted "I am not a racist, I take the p**s
    out of everyone"

PC he wasn’t, but funny he was. <br>He must of been, he even made graysonscolumn laugh.<br>

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Evening Lolly’s Mate, how ya bin?

I’m not sure graysonscolumn was saying that, but I won’t speak for him.

I didn’t see more than snatches of Manning’s comedy, so I won’t pretend to be an expert. I didn’t much like what I heard, his comedy seemed to be based on picking out small groups of society and mocking them. It wasn’t always about race, religion or sexuality, I’ve heard it said he told jokes about ginger haired people, white working class blokes and so on. That’s just not my kind of humour, its the kind of thing that goes on in the school playground, the mocking of anyone different, and I didn’t enjoy it much then. But obviously lots of people did.

On the other hand, he wasn’t Pol Pot, he was just a comedian. And he does have a grieving family. Some of the comments (in other less intellectual forums, I hasten to add) have been well over the top.

(Edited by Aranalde at 9:06 pm on June 25, 2007)

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from lollys mate on 6:14 pm on June 25, 2007[br] <br>He must of [sic] been, he even made graysonscolumn laugh.

<br>Er, no. Guess again.

gc<br>

The patron saint of lower-grade fare. A gently critical friend of point-to-pointing. Kindness is a political act.

lollys mate
    • Total Posts 625

Is their any type of comedy that makes you laugh GC?

Just wandering what floats your boat, me old mucker;)

betlarge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2676

Is their any type of comedy that makes you laugh GC?

Just wandering what floats your boat, me old mucker

<br>Panorama?

Mike

lollys mate
    • Total Posts 625

Fun’s not your thing then?:(

Shame.

graysonscolumn
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6939

Quote: from lollys mate on 3:22 pm on June 26, 2007[br] Is their [sic] any type of comedy that makes you laugh GC?

Just wandering what floats your boat, me old mucker;) <br>

<br>Plenty. But this appears to be a thread about Bernard Manning, and therefore patently, emphatically and irrefutably not about comedy.

gc<br>

Ted
    • Total Posts 150

Just like the original poster, I nearly died laughing the first time I saw Bernard Manning.
    In my opinion he was the best stand up comic in this country by miles, and nobody who’s obsessed with all this political correctness cobblers, will ever convince me otherwise.

Those who think he wasn’t funny have either never seen him, or have had a sense of humour bypass.

R.I.P. Bernard, you were the greatest.

Alchemist
    Participant
    • Total Posts 232

Bernard Manning died on Monday evening in hospital.
    His doctor , Dr Iqbal Patel described his condition as ‘Satisfactory’.

Recieved this by text the other day, and obviously not one of Benard Mannings own, sure he would appreciated it.

jilly
    • Total Posts 608

Ah,you’re right there Ted

Ted
    • Total Posts 150

I think Bernards last ever tv appearance is on channel 4 tonight, and I will certainly be watching.

By the way, Lolly’s mate, I was in Harrow yesterday, and then I had to drive down Kenton road to the Edgware road.
    You ain’t kidding are you? it’s a right sh!thole. :lol:

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 30 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.