The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Becauseshesaidso (IRE)

Home Forums Memorials Becauseshesaidso (IRE)

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • Author
    Downpayment
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 33

Poor lad Becauseshesaidso looks to have lost his life at that dump Hereford. Off-fore cannon smushed. **** course and fences. RIP mate you deserved better.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4161

I think her leg broke one step before she took off. Horrible to watch and I’m just hoping she was put down straight away.

It really is a very strange course, especially forcing horses to take a turn in the opposite direction before they reach the next bend. The initial ground round the bends must be horrible like it used to be six years ago and this clearly remains a very bad race track.

Rest in Peace Becauseshesaidso

Meerkat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 66

Condolences to the connections of Becauseshesaidso.

Ex RubyLight, could you please give us a list of what you consider to be good race tracks.

AKP
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23

RIP becauseshesaidso

Ruby, how does this make Hereford a clearly bad track? In terms of fatalities it is the second one since it reopened. Two too many but in terms of other tracks I’m sure it would work out one of the safest in the country.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4161

I wasn’t speaking about fatalities, but about the fact that the bends at Hereford are insane.
    Why do horses have to take a rather sharp left turn shortly before they approach the bend? What is the reason for that? Is the ground round the bends so UNSAFE or why are they omitting it?

That was my point.

BUT, speaking in therms of fatalities 24 of them in 5 years (2007-2012) is quite some number for such a small track.

Viewing 5 posts - 1 through 5 (of 5 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.