The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Ballydoyle Sham

Home Forums Horse Racing Ballydoyle Sham

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • Author
    Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

I hope Ballydoyle NEVER EVER win a race again after the shambles I witnesed at Tipperary in the 6:55 this evening. O’Brien I have lost ALL respect for you. Shamey your a stooge.

A sad, black, and shambolic evening for Irish racing.

rainbow-promises
    • Total Posts 126

what happened?

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Nothing wrong with that. Sleep apnoea is a debilitating condition and Mr Heffernan is to be applauded for soldiering on despite his disability. Shame on you for suggesting otherwise.

Cruella
    • Total Posts 108

what happened?

1. A 2yo not guaranteed to get 7f who didn’t go through with its effort last time was equally unwilling to pass its odds-on stable companion despite looking the winner within the last furlong

or

2. Said 2yo was given a very tender hands-and-heels ride into 2nd place behind said odds-on stable companion, prompting much speculation that it would have won if ridden with a little more vigour

You decide.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

Judging from the reaction on other forums, I realise I’m in the minority but I’m not sure what happened amounts to skulduggery, merely incompetence on Heffernan’s behalf imo.

I watched Magna Cum Laude closely on his second start, he raced freely, came to challenge 1f out and didn’t find so much as seemed likely. Watching him again today wasn’t too dissimilar, taking a while to settle and then travelling supremely well, I think those efforts told in the last 100 yds when he finally went for the horse, there was nothing there.

Heffernan was certainly guilty of overconfidence, and he should have been warned about his future conduct following the ride, but I believe Ballydoyle, Coolmore and both riders have too much at stake to be messing about in races like that.

Cav
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4811

"Heffernan was certainly guilty of overconfidence, and he should have been warned about his future conduct following the ride, but I believe Ballydoyle, Coolmore and both riders have too much at stake to be messing about in races like that."

Evening DJ thats why they did it in their own back yard, where they knew they’d get away with it.

I defy ANYONE to look at the head on and defend that. I’m still reeling from it.I honestly always thought O’Brien would be above something as blatant as that

Something died for me this evening, really I am beyond shocked.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

I haven’t actually seen the head on so will comment further when I’ve reviewed that in the morning.

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

I haven’t actually seen the head on so will comment further when I’ve reviewed that in the morning.

If you thought Heffernan was actually pushing his mount out close to the line DJ, look more closely as he seems to me to be reigning the horse in while pretending to push him out, I would say when Heffernan got upsides Fallon, he was shouting across to him will you get a move on, speculation of course. It was so blatant it was embarrasing. And after race connections explanations were so insulting to our intelligence.
    You may recall a similar incident this year regarding two Gosden horses, can’t think of the horses names, but similar scenario Hughes on well backed Joint fav and Havlin on 20/1 stable second string, Hughes riding for all he’s worth Havlin sitting virtually motionless making a half hearted attempt to push his mount out just before the line knowing hughes had the race in safe keeping..
    The book should be thrown at O B rien as it should have been done with Gosden, as has been said before if it was a journeyman jockey and trainer it would be interesting to see what sort of reaction the stewards would take, more than likely hang them out to dry. As usual the Jockey will probably take the flak, saying that I rode an injudicious ride while protecting his big name employer/employers.
    The O Brien stable are not immune to trying the odd subterfuge, witness on a few occasions where what looked like stable second string in 2yr old maidens, the one Fallon/Spencer is on has to be the O Brien first string so everyone thought while C O Donoghue/Heffernan is on the so called second string who is backed with the total exclusion of his so called better fancied stablemate, while nothing wrong with it where the rules of racing are concerned, but plenty of the ordinary Joe Punters who like to do L15/Yankees in the morning or your pensioner who follows Fallon blind
    were hoodwinked.

Andrew Hughes
    • Total Posts 1904

Surprised this hasn’t generated more comment, actually. It looked suspicious to me, but I am by no means an expert. It has been suggested that the runner-up was a non-stayer who was unlikely to find anything when asked, though to this non-expert, it didn’t appear that Heffernan did much asking. The commentator on ATR said it would be controversial. Can we assume that since there has been little comment, the consensus on TRF is that there was nothing suspicious here?

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Surprised this hasn’t generated more comment, actually. It looked suspicious to me, but I am by no means an expert. It has been suggested that the runner-up was a non-stayer who was unlikely to find anything when asked, though to this non-expert, it didn’t appear that Heffernan did much asking. The commentator on ATR said it would be controversial. Can we assume that since there has been little comment, the consensus on TRF is that there was nothing suspicious here?

Can’t be a non stayer Aranalde as the horse is entered up in numerous big races including RP Trophy, and anyone that suggests that he is a bridle horse its ridiculous, it was only the horses third run in public and we all know a lot of O Brien 2yr olds come on leaps and bounds after a few runs, which Magna cum Laude has done, should have broken his maiden tag last night but wasn’t allowed to do so.
    Get On this morning should be worth tuning into, and a lot of people on TRF who didn’t see the race last night will surely get a chance to this morning and there should be a lot more comment on the subject.

davidjohnson
    • Total Posts 4491

The more I watch it, the harder I find it to defend to be honest.

However just because the horse is entered in races at 1m doesn’t mean it can’t be a non-stayer.

clivex
    • Total Posts 3420

Is it on you tube?

madman marz
    • Total Posts 707

Is it on you tube?

Just register with atr clivex and you will be able to see it for free.
    Your right DJ, been entered at 1m doesn’t mean he is going to stay, but connections obviously are fairly confident he will.

thedarkknight
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1299

It was blatant. He made very little serious effort to win the race.

CiaranDoc
    • Total Posts 24

Disgraceful! Aidan O Brien strikes again. Fallon has to go and that knacker heffernan too.I could not believe what I was watching and had backed Magna too.I should know better at this stage as it is a regular feature at ballydoyle (I never really forgave AOB for Istabraqs 4th CH) .Decent people shafted again so the big noises get paid.

All property is Despotism

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 82 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.