Ascot Gold Cup 2019

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2019 Ascot Gold Cup 2019

This topic contains 31 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by KevMc KevMc 3 months, 3 weeks ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Kris
    Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 464

I’m looking forward to seeing Dee Ex Bee in the flesh tomorrow at Sandown, as I think he is a potential star in the making, after a very inconsistent start to his career. I really think that he has a realistic chance of challenging Stradivarius in this, based on his last run.

I think that 10-1 is a very fair price for this, although Stradivarius is obviously worthy of the utmost respect.

I won’t bet him tomorrow, I’m not a big punter, so the odds on is of no interest, but the 10-1 at Ascot might force me into a bet.

Triptych
    Triptych
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8624

Enjoy your day Kris, I’m hoping Walkinthesands will win the 8.10, he ran a cracker against UAE Jewel last time out when I was at Newmarket. Nothing like being there and seeing your horses in the paddock and cheering them home. :good: Jac

Things turn out best for those who make the best of how things turn out...

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 686

Stradivarius is probably my favourite horse in training so would love to see him win this again

An iron horse but not the sort who will spread a field and win by 10 lengths, always seems to just do enough

Loved the way last year when vazirabad loomed up he found more and was pulling away at the end

Have had him in a few multis but hes too short for a single

My e/w play in the race is call the wind, thought he fan a good race at meydan considering they went quite slow and he had no chance against horses in cross counter and ispolini who have a faster turn of foot than him

Over this extra distance I can see him running into a place past the beaten suspect stayers over the marathon 2 mile 4 furlongs

My two plays then stradivarius in multis at 9/4 (think he is now around 7/4 after winning last week)

Call the wind e/w 14/1

jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1924

FF, is he an intended runner do you know? Freddy Head has had 2 runners in the past 5 seasons at Ascot, and they’ve both won! Thanks to Solow of course.

I too like Dee Ex Bee. For all he did become a frustrating horse last year i was very taken be his reappearance. He has to turn tables with the likes of Cross Counter. Either way, at 10s i think he’s worth a play before tonight.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 686

Think he said in the stable tour they were undecided so no bet until some confirmation either way

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26321

Am on DXB @ 12/1 and 10/1. :good:
    Probably save on Stradivarius nearer the off.

value is everything

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 686

Was that leopardstown or sandown hahaha

The 3 Johnston horses using ballydoyle esque tactics to box Mekong in and make sure he had no chance of putting it up to Dee ex bee

Dee ex bee though was not stopping and will definitely stay the extra 4 furlongs for this

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26321

Can tell you’re not really serious, FF, but… Dee Ex Bee and Austrian School are both known prominent runners, so always on the cards they’d be in front – didn’t change tactics like so many AOB horses. Mekong was stepping up in trip and a bit free. tbh Suspect Ryan was delighted had horses in front of him in order to settle Mekong – otherwise possible would’ve over-raced. Seemingly travelling well/best in the straight and couldn’t then get a run until late… However, Dee Ex Bee is a lazy sort who only does enough – ie winner had more in the tank than it looked. :rose:

value is everything
    jackh1092
    jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1924

Wonder what the plan is with Mekong, pretty prominent in the market for the Northumberland Plate…if he didn’t get put up too much for today he might have a good chance there.

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 686

I enjoyed the irony of Ryan Moore being boxed in by 3 horses from the same stable in a small field race

Kris
    Kris
    Participant
    • Total Posts 464

I was really happy with the run of Dee Ex Bee at Sandown, so I’m very hopeful now.

Another horse who I find interesting for this is Falcon Eight. I thought that his run at Leapordstown was eye catching, and I think this trip will bring out the best in him.

I know I shouldn’t, but I have to bet him at 25-1 each way.

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1066

Cross Counter 5/1 e/w

Broke the track record last season at Goodwood, Was given a bad ride in the MC and still picked up the field easily enough over 2 miles showing a lovely blend of speed & stamina.
    Nice re-appearance in Dubai staying on well, think he’s a great each way bet to nothing against Stradivarius.
    Rain helps Dee Ex Bee but i don’t think he’s the classiest sort personally.

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1066

Kew Gardens wasn’t declared today for those unaware.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2391

Likely rain tonight plus distance probably put them off.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2391

Capri is a funny one. He won what has turned out to be a pretty classy Leger. I think then that he looked quite butty and more the finished article compared to the more gangly less well furnished types and thought he wouldn’t improve much from 3 to 4. But then he ran well in a good Arc considering interrupted prep. Intriguing.

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.