Ascot Gold Cup 2019

Home Forums Archive Topics Royal Ascot 2019 Ascot Gold Cup 2019

This topic contains 31 replies, has 14 voices, and was last updated by KevMc KevMc 3 months ago.

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)
  • Author
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26229

I agree Greenasgrass, Capri won an excellent St Leger but has not progressed in the same way as those he beat. That said, not many of these could run Enable to little more than 3 lengths in an Arc. But is he still capable of that form?
    I’m on Dee Ex Bee @ 10 and 12/1 with 6/4 saver on the fav. But Flag Of Honour has run almost as well at 1m2f as he did over further last year. So is there a chance he’ll be able to improve back over a trip? Might be worth a bet at a biggish price. Proven on good-firm and soft ground. Ryan rides him instead of Capri.

value is everything
    Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26229

…Also had a few quid on outsider Magic Circle. Stays well, acts on a soft surface and possibly importantly trainer in much better form than he was when last seen at Chester. Won’t win if market principles run to form, but that’s not a given. Stradivarius isn’t sure to be as good on a soft surface, Cross Counter not sure to stay the trip on the ground. Dee Ex Bee still looks excellent value to me. Lazy sort who only does enough, further he goes the better and has run well each time he’s met a soft surface.

value is everything
    BigG
    BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5874

This is the best race of the meeting so far and Stradivarius is an amazing animal who
    just doesn’t know how to run a bad race. His price reflects that though, so I’d watch him
    rather than bet him. I think Cross Counter looks top class, and if this were over 2 miles
    I’d back him even with Stradavarius in the race. There will be no prisoners taken in this
    and I’m not sure enough that he’ll get the distance. If he does I think he wins, but it’s
    a big if. From a betting perspective I can’t get my head around Thomas Hobson being a
    20/1 shot. He finished 1 1/2L behind Strad in the Long Distance Cup on Champions day last
    year, and that was with having to be snatched up with little room near the finish. He looked
    well enough in his race in Germany after a break since last October, running on well in 2nd
    over 2m. That will have sharpened him up and I think he’s a decent E/W shout at least.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

Had to bet Stradivarius as he’s my TTF horse.
    Also have a little EW on Master of Reality.
    -has plenty of race experience with previous trainer in France
    – gelded and year older which can improve the Frankels
    – most of dam’s progeny have won on soft
    -plenty of stamina on dam side
    -Won the Vintage Crop unexpectedly on seasonal debut; only 4th in the Saval Beg but was carrying a penalty and perhaps bounced slightly. I was concerned that he didn’t seem to get his head down and try- but watching the Vintage Crop he carries his head a trifle high anyway and fought back to regain the lead and win with his head up.
    May not have the class…in which case I’ll look out for him novice hurdling in the winter ;-)

Gingertipster
    Gingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26229

Stradivarius now Evens. :scratch:

value is everything

roosterbooster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 195

odds on Stradivarius with the Frankie doubles / trebles and four fold running from his first 3 winners

Dee Ex Bee to outstay them all for mwe

Frenchy15
    Participant
    • Total Posts 466

Bookies are absolutely panicking! Hilarious.

raymo61
    raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4485

Plenty brown trousers for the bookies :yahoo: :yahoo:

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

Stradivarius is a narrow chested little thing; if I saw him at a horse sale I’d probably walk on past. So much for “heart room” – what a fighter!

Tonge
    Tonge
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1034

Well done greenasgrass – can’t believe the price of Master of Reality and sorry I didn’t back him myself!

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2328

Yes he’s not the most impressive physical specimen either especially upsides the gorgeous big Dee Ex Bee but gave it a real good go.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 644

Brilliant horse

Never wins by far but it never really looks in doubt that he will get his head in front

Hopefully we get to see him go for three in a row next season

Even the ballydoyle team tactics couldn’t stop him

chaos50
    chaos50
    Participant
    • Total Posts 219

I had e/w on Master of Reality so i’m happy.

All comers, all ground, all beaten

KevMc
    KevMc
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1048

Brilliant racehorse. Love how he has that change of pace even in GS ground after 2 and a bit miles. Temperament just like his father of just doing enough when he hits the front. Tremenjous beast.

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 644

Hes a bit like altior in the fact he will never get the official rating he deserves because he never wins these big races by a long way

Hes by far my favourite flat horse in training, didnt need to have a bean on him to enjoy that race

Viewing 15 posts - 16 through 30 (of 32 total)

You must be logged in to reply to this topic.