The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arkle 2021

Home Forums Cheltenham Festival 2021 Arkle 2021

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 127 total)
  • Author
    Nathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 23867

Are we all on Shishkin then..??
    I’ve made him my jackpot horse and have been chipping away since after the Supreme
    Henderson said he is good enough for the Champion Hurdle but he has a decent option anyways for that race
    As long as Shishkin takes to jumping should be coming here
    anyone have any longshots for this that I can stick into some of my weekend football bets as a bit of cover.?

Member since March 2008
    Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2712

Shishkin 5-1

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16280

Not my favourite race Nath, and always one of the races I try to pass by, but I do like Felix Desjy this year.

He was going the right way before his setback last year, and I think his comeback runs have been encouraging enough.

I still reckon a lot of Elliot’s weren’t right at Cheltenham in 2019, finding little for pressure, and he was a good example, travelling like the winner, before folding into fifth. Next time out at Aintree though, he was more like it, and couldn’t have been more impressive, winning a bit cosier, than the margin suggested. Had some nice horses in behind him too.

I actually considered him for The Champion Hurdle, but it looks like fences all the way for him.

I hadn’t even looked at this market, considering it’s a race that doesn’t really interest me too much, but I’ve just had a look, and that 20’s looks wrong. I might be tempted soon. Probably wait and see if he gets a hurdle entry first.

Felix Desjy 20’s

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2712

Haha VTC, I was just gonna suggest to Nathan that I don’t see Shishkin beat if he jumps, but if he fancied an outsider at this stage to throw a dart at Felix Desjy 20-1 with a cash out option later if he were to flop somewhere. :-)

https://www.racingpost.com/news/elliott-excited-as-star-hurdler-felix-desjy-makes-chase-debut-at-killarney/453296

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807

Breaken, if he isn’t broken. Mad yoke. Haven’t actually backed him yet in case he gallops into a tree between now and his first start and brains himself. If there is any brain in there.

Venture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 16280

Yeah Mike, I like him, and he’s too big right now I reckon.

Yogi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 47

100% Agree SHISHKIN at 5/1 is my banker of the meeting also…..Lovely big horse, what he done over hurdles is only a bonus to what he will do chasing, so much scope

I’m already on and looking forward to him…..

MarkTT
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2775

I’m wary of Shishkins breeding for this test but then Altior was similar in that regard.

No mention of Easywork in the Elliott stable tours

BigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8104

I was impressed with Allmankind when he made his chasing debut
    at Warwick. He’s a sound quick jumper over his fences who travelled well and looks
    a natural. He can only improve and he’s a hopeful early pick for the Arkle.

Allmankind 25/1 various

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2712

He should set it up nicely for Shishkin ;-)

TakeYourTime
    Participant
    • Total Posts 128

Bit of an early shout but i’m already liking the look of Mister Coffey for the Arkle 2022. Loads of size and scope about him and i can seem him being lightly raced again this season with chasing next year in mind.

Vautour
    Participant
    • Total Posts 710

Would Shiskin backers not be concerned about Abacadabras letting the form down? After his first run I’m happy to take 16/1 e/w on Unexcepted. Definitely an Arkle horse; likes to get on with it and jumped very well on Chase debut. Backed with Bet365 so can cash in if he disappoints between now and the Arkle

Mike007
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2712

Not really Vautour. Shishkin was nearly brought down so he did well to win.

Too early to write off Abacadabras as well the jockey told Elliott he took a blow 2 out. The next run will tell us more regarding him.

greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3807

Blackbow is my first bet in this. I’m a sucker for a good looking horse and he fills the eye alright. He was a terrible hurdler- just stuck his head in the air fighting to go faster and kicked the obstacles out of his way- but just looks like a chaser and there was a lovely photo of him in one of the stable tours leading the rest over a schooling fence with his head down and his feet tucked up. He must still be a bit bonkers- he was schooling in a hood- and obviously fragile but at 50s I can’t let him go unbacked.

David Mullins is on board today and I think the pair could suit each other although it might be one to watch from behind the sofa.

jackh1092
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3021

He was impressive GAG. Interested to see how your bet goes!

Twitter: Jackh1092
    Hindsight is 20/20 so make the most of it!

Viewing 15 posts - 1 through 15 (of 127 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.