The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Arc 2012 Tickets

Home Forums Horse Racing Arc 2012 Tickets

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • Author
    chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 552

I know that it is some time away, but can somebody let me know when tickets for the Arc day go on sale?

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8181

Just turn up on the day. [not sure about posh enclosures]. Free bus to the track, free racecards, free to get in if you are a lady wearing a hat. Even if you don’t get in free it’s only a few euros. Puts us to shame.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

As Mo says no need to book in advance and if you end up having to pay it is only €8

chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 552

Thanks for the replies.

I had heard before that you could just turn up on the day. Is there any chance that the grandstand would be full?

I am just a bit worried that having travelled all that way I would be disappointed not to get into the main grandstand. I am not worried about the posh enclosures.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

Thanks for the replies.

I had heard before that you could just turn up on the day. Is there any chance that the grandstand would be full?

I am just a bit worried that having travelled all that way I would be disappointed not to get into the main grandstand. I am not worried about the posh enclosures.

I’ve never known the "house full" signs go up so it shouldn’t be a problem.

It will be busy and the Grandstand does get full – if you are on your own it can be a pain – if there are a group of you, you are better off grabbing a spot and make sure somebody remains there to hold it.

There aren’t enclosures as we know them – the top tiers of the grandstand are reserved, but it is basically a single enclosure.

Horseracing Abroad have their own enclosure for which they charge a lot of money and it is a good furlong for the finish – I made the mistake of using it the first time I went to the Arc and although they do all the work and planning for you I think it is grossly overpriced.

I always recommend first timers to go for the weekend and go on the Saturday as well – it is much quieter than the Sunday (and I think only €4) The big advantage of going on the Saturday is you have a chance to find your way around the place without the massive crowds and you can have a mooch around to find decent spots for Sunday – plus the racing on Saturday is still pretty good as well.

chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 552

I have just read in a Horse Racing Abroad brochure that they charge £75 for a 2 day ticket in the Pavilion stand which is 11/2 furlongs from the finishing line.

They are also selling tickets for a seat in the Municipal grandstand for Arc day for £85.

I have had a look at the Francegalop website but cannot see how much these Municipal grandstand tickets cost at face value

Any ideas?

moehat
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8181

As Paul says, it’s a good idea to do a trial run on the Saturday so you know exactly where to go. We did it mainly because we couldn’t believe everything we were told. We stayed by the Champs Elysees; you’re ok staying by Gare du Nord if you’re good at using metro’s, but we have a habit of getting lost on them and going in the wrong direction. It really is an amazing place to go to; in fact I’m beginning to want to go again this year.

% MAN
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5104

I have had a look at the Francegalop website but cannot see how much these Municipal grandstand tickets cost at face value

Any ideas?

I have a suspicion the seats are all sold to tour operators and hospitality.

I don’t believe they are generally available.

chestnut
    Participant
    • Total Posts 552

Ideally it is a good idea to go to the Saturday as well. Unfortunately I am not allowed to go to both days.

Viewing 9 posts - 1 through 9 (of 9 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.