The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Another can of worms has just been opened

Home Forums Archive Topics Another can of worms has just been opened

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • Author
    ricky lake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2358

Ok Jim , so  we all wait for uncle Paul Scotney and his merry men , to win the day , and then John Maxe the mouthpiece of the jokers , will herald a new dawn …….

right!!!

<br>respect da hippo :o

Time is running out (and so is my cash )

Ricky

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Ricky, I’m glad that there are these people that try to make things "perfect" but it will be to no avail, sorry but it’s been going on for centuries.

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

That’s your opinion of me Ian but again you are completely wrong.

There is nothing I can do to stop corruption and nothing you can do either I’m afraid, so you may as well accept it until you wear your red pants outside your trousers :biggrin:  

(Edited by Jim JTS at 1:44 am on June 24, 2004)

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Ian, hold on a mo, I never said the game isn’t bent how could I? I have allegedly ;)  heard/seen/witnessed some dodgy going ons in the past therefor there is no way I could say the game isn’t bent, you ought to stop your assumptions, what I am saying is that why bother in trying to be clever and be a "corruption" spotter or a do gooder when in fact you can’t do an ounce about anything in the game, give it up trying to be a hero Ian and get on with enjoying your racing.

Good luck in your quest to make racing straight, you’ll need it, I love the game but can live with the dodgy goings ons, some can’t and try and be heroes.

As for supporting a "protestant" football team, I’me very proud of that wether they are or are not a "protestant" football team, again strange assumptions from you given that you know nothing about my "protestant" football team.

please give up trying to be clever and don’t try and put words into my mouth.

Let the JC do the detective work, you’ll feel better for it as you have no chance.

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

TDK, "finally woken up"?  just proves you know nothing about me.

"As for your attitude about everyone just sitting back, accepting it and just "enjoying their racing" – that is pathetic, is it really? I thought there were enough people in the JC department to do this job, why didn’t you apply for the job? (enough said).

Also – discussing these issues on here does nothing other than keep you lot away from standing in the isle of the local supermarket yapping away like old women, let the JC do the work, after all they are the ones that get paid for it.

Also, if you were to ask 100 people on the street if racing was "bent" to a certain degree I’m sure the "yes" percentage would be high, I don’t know how many times I’ve been told over the years that the game was "bent".

"sitting back and doing bugger all isn’t going to help as far as I can see" – true but why should I be the one to try and solve the "corruption" puzzle?

Ian, why do you feel the need to direct your message to all on the forum as if you are giving a lecture? And what you "gather" about me isn’t all correct as such – I am a Glaswegian and I do spend time in betting shops but not all the time as I find this impossible to do (I’m not in there now as you can tell), I also do have a website but if you had done some research you’d have found that I stopped editing my website on the 8/6/04 (personal reasons but hope to be back next March).

As for lacking drive to do anything? probably correct as it’s not my job to be Columbo.

I also feel that you ought to give up your exchange and take up a job with the JC as it’s clear that you feel you can change racing and drive the "corruption" from the game :laugh: I would also like to see you give clients from your exchange their money back from losing bets from one of the "bent" races you say you spotted in the past months but somehow I think we’ll see Lord Lucan before that ever happens :biggrin:

anyway keep up the good work detectives and I hope you achieve your goal because if you do I’ll applaud you.

I’m off to Hamilton now to see if I can spot any "corruption", I’ll report back tomorrow :laugh:

richard
    Participant
    • Total Posts 138

I don’t know anything about Jim’s circumstances, except to say that I’ve spent many a night  in the chatroom with him and other forumites and very much enjoyed his company, so I wouldn’t wish to comment on Jim’s reasons for his views.<br>But in every other respect, I’d like to endorse Ian’s points wholeheartedly. Individuals can make a difference. After all the people that pay to keep racing on the road are racegoers/ punters and owners.  The powers that be are well aware of this. Whilst they can choose to ignore the likes of the NTF and even the ROA, what they cannot ignore is a ground swell of opinion from those  who in the end are racing’s real customers.<br>So yes, do phone or write to the JC or BHB and make your views known. And it doesn’t have to be only because you think you’ve spotted a bent race. For example a letter encouraging the JC to get on with clearing the crooks, money launders and drug dealers out of racing , or to the the JC if say you are concerned about the limitation of field sizes is worth sending because if they get enough of them they will get the message.<br>In the far off days when I used to be involved seriously in politics it was reckoned that one sensibly argued letter represented the views of 500 constituents. Authorities do take notice of "customer" opinion and given the number of informed and concerned racing fans on this forum, no doubt quite an impression would be created.<br>Well said Ian<br>richard

Prufrock
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2081

Having been away from here for a few days I think I’ve missed the bus.

I’d just like to point out that the contention, made much earlier, that "350 races out of 8500 in a year is only 0.4% of races" is wrong by a factor of ten and to add my congratulations to Ian Davies (and to thedarkknight) for some telling observations.

I do agree, however, with Jim’s essential point that the authorities should be detecting the skullduggery in the first place (and acting on it thereafter), rather than leaving it to a member of the public like Ian Davies to read races for them, no matter how shrewd a judge he happens to be. ;)

Jim JTS
    • Total Posts 841

Richard, you are a gentleman. :clap: respect!

<br>Prufrock,

I do agree, however, with Jim’s essential point that the authorities should be detecting the skullduggery in the first place (and acting on it thereafter), rather than leaving it to a member of the public like Ian Davies to read races for them, no matter how shrewd a judge he happens to be.

Along the lines what I was trying to say, thank you!

<br>Now I won’t say anything else on the matter and I’ll spare you all my Hamilton report but some of you "corruption detectives" may have spotted something if you looked closely enough, I’ll leave it with you. ;) <br>

johnjdonoghue
    • Total Posts 994

I find no joy in studying a race at length, only to see a total farce played out in front of me, where it is quite clear that criminals have taken the ordinary punter to the cleaners.

Why on earth would you bother to study the form of a class E race in Lingfield? I’ve given up parting with my cash in these type of races, I’ll only have a bet in competitive handicaps with decent prize money or Group/Listed races.

From my sentiments,above, I have proven Ian and TDK’s point. However it seems bizzare people would bother to back a horse in lower grade races. They are very shady affairs IMO! But TDK I have to ask why would you bother studying these races, when you know as you have said they are dodgy. For sure, clean the game up, but I won’t be having a bet until I know it is cleaned up.

CPGagie
    • Total Posts 38

I couldnt agree more John, class C+. You just know your on thin ice dipping into class D’s and it gets thinner the further down you go. Prize money worth working towards or prestige has to be the safest route.

Nick Hatton
    • Total Posts 399

It may be the safest route to stick to decent races but IMO the problem with these is that it’s virtually impossible to make a serious profit from betting them, as with horses running to form the layers don’t tend to make many ‘ricks’.

Over the last couple of years I’ve personally done far better in the low grade events, almost always without any ‘inside information’. The bookies make more mistakes and if you can spot the odd one here and there you’ll come out firmly in the black.

I believe the trap punters fall into is to try and solve these low grade events using traditional form and/or speed figure methodology. A fair bit of lateral thought and an alternative strategy is required.

(Edited by Nick Hatton at 2:33 pm on June 25, 2004)

CPGagie
    • Total Posts 38

I just love to go against the hype in top class Nick, and horses putting in a whoooshka SF in say a 3yo class D maiden(more so if its a blanket finish) and coming up the ranks, how many winners can you get out of a couple of those? Priceless!:cool: They’re about finished at this time of year though. Maybe grab a couple of 2yo’s and a couple of others I’ve been waiting for, and thats about it. Thats my season over anyway.<br> No rush!:biggrin:    

Nick Hatton
    • Total Posts 399

Sounds like you’ve been cleaning up CPGagie ! :)

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17718

<br> My English isn’t so hot, but I believe we have a dichotomy.<br> On the one hand TDK looking for everything that is wrong, and on the other CPG looking for everything that is right.<br> Wonder which one does the best?

CPGagie
    • Total Posts 38

:biggrin: Nick if you only knew.  I was having a great time, Gatwicks maiden did me proud, had a couple of other nice touches. Then I just got a bit too cocky for my own good and started looking for things that werent really there. I took a pull about a week ago to stop all the fruits of my labour going down the drain. I’ve now seen the error of my ways. I wont be having a bet until I’m really doing the wifes nut in about one, or phoning my Mother and telling her to slap some down. Thats the plan anyway:biggrin: I "bet" you I can be disiplined enough:biggrin:  

Viewing 15 posts - 46 through 60 (of 89 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.