The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

All Weather Lays and Plays

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips All Weather Lays and Plays

Viewing 17 posts - 1,191 through 1,207 (of 1,253 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 1402

Apologies to slipperytoad for using his thread but I probably won’t ever put up another AW tip so I thought here was the best place.

Port Hill tomorrow looks of real interest. Deportivo’s offspring have shown a liking for Southwell when tried there and Port Hill’s dam also won at the track. He makes his fibresand debut tomorrow and although the trip is possibly on the short side for him I think the surface will more than counteract that. The stable is still in good form and some of his recent form looks even better in the light of subsequent performances by the horses that have beaten him.

sloopjohnb
    • Total Posts 4

Like me,Tuffers picked up on my posted selection in 4.35 Southwell..Port Hill…well beaten in the end..Looked fine in the paddock and I followed trainer to Bookies..he had £400 on it at 11-2…So why did it run so badly when it was bred for the surface??..Retrospective analysis is always useful and I can only think that the rise in class caught it out…Raised from a 0-54 at Wolver to a 0-70 C Southwell,and off a BHB mark 4 lbs higher could well be the reason…I had a decent bet at 11-2 and blew my dosh…I can, therefore ,only offer apologies for flagging it up in the first place…John

• Total Posts 1402

I think the drop back in trip probably caught him out as well as the stop-start pace (Hayley Turner seems a law unto herself on front runners at the moment). He’s crying out for 1m6f IMHO and hopefully he will be stepped back up in trip now.

• Total Posts 5

Sloop, Was it the owner or trainer that had £400 on? I thought the way he hung was disconcerting. Maybe he could benefit from a bit of Portway air?

Istabraq1212
    • Total Posts 7

Jack Rackham tonight in the 8.05 at Kempton, worth a few quid

• Total Posts 419

Apologies to slipperytoad for using his thread but I probably won’t ever put up another AW tip so I thought here was the best place.

All welcome on this thread Tuffers especially if you tip a winner! :mrgreen:

• Total Posts 419

Lingfield 2.10

Betting Forecast
    Arctic Lynx 3/1, Qadar 9/2, Waabel 10/1, Norville 10/1
    Comment
    Arctic Lynx looks like a legitimate favorite and priced accordingly by the market. Qadar looks the obvious danger so I will use both in a speculative exacta.
    Selection
    A. Arctic Lynx B. Qadar C. Waabel D. Norville
    Exacta: AB with CD (4 lines)

Lingfield 4.55

Betting Forecast
    Lockantanks 5/1, Blue Moon 6/1, Titan Triumph 6/1, Buaiteoir 7/1, Pegasus Again 9/1
    Comment
    Titan Triumph’s recent race though good was noted as “muddling” and maybe the reason why Corals are best price. Pegasus Again runs against the track base bias. Beaten favourite and whip shy Buaiteoir had no excuses last time out.
    Selection
    Lockantanks @ 5/1, Blue Moon @ 6/1 or better

Participant
    • Total Posts 1751

Not been faring too well on the AW of late but attempting another pension job today

330W Sharp Shoes Alt Seeking Rio
    400W Setters Princess
    430W Metropolitan Chief
    500W The Tatling Alt Almaty Express
    530W Standpoint Alt Smalljohn
    540K Kidlat
    640K Best Trip Alt Sherjawy
    740K Ermyntrude Alt One Oi

Best of luck

• Total Posts 1268

Sticky going (figuratively speaking, in reality it’s nearly always standard of course) lately…

Down to 3 runners, the

5:20 at Wolverhampton

still looks quite interesting, with the likely odds-on favourite Desert Strike possibly one to take on…

Of the three, Desert Strike would appear the least ‘pacey’ and has done really well pouncing off decent speed. The scenario tonight that is most likely is that Galpin Junior leads Steelcut with DS at the back, and a moderate gallop. At five furlongs, that could be curtains for the favourite, and the other two are perfectly capable of an ‘upset’ if it pans out that way.

I’ll be

laying Desert Strike

here.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Silaah, 2.00, Lingfield

, looks something to bet on at the current 6/1.
    Unraced over this c/d since being touched off by Ebraam when 15lb wrong at the weights, he is reckoned (by the OH) to have improved 22lbs since. Most of his subsequent races have been over 6f, against all types of opposition, where he has shown plenty of speed but hasn’t quite lasted home (With the exception of Kempton, where he was allowed a soft lead and stole the race from the front).
    Ideally drawn to make full use of his early toe, and a hold up horse on his inside, he’s capable of leading all of these a merry dance.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

Lets keep this famous old thread going for the Winter.

My 2 for today
    24/11/2011 16:10 Kempton Lovat Lane
    24/11/2011 18:40 Kempton Illustrious Lad

At BFSP

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Going to take you on in the 6.40 Cav

6.40 – Finalist
    7.10 – Iron Step, Rossetti

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

Great tipping there, Tim. I was happy enough with my 2. Both traded much shorter inrunning from long SP’s.

Today
    25/11/2011 16:30 Wolverhampton Barachiel
    25/11/2011 17:35 Wolverhampton Spinning Ridge

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

Cheers Paul. Your selections ran well at big prices, good work.

Wolverhampton 7.40

(watch this one go horribly wrong)!

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

Two 2nds again yesterday evening, but they both ran well, the penalty did for Spinning Ridge in the end. Unlucky, Tim that Tarooq is tenacious!

Today
    26/11/2011 20:20 Wolverhampton Haaf A Sixpence
    26/11/2011 21:20 Wolverhampton Dingaan

*update 8:38pm
    Dingaan now a non runner
    New Bet 8:50 Little Perisher

Participant
    • Total Posts 1453

You’ve got more 2nds than Mount Mcleod :lol:

Dingaan could break it for you if he fancies it, surprising amount of winners for grayson in the last few months!

Not got much lined up today, my fancies are under priced for me, though I’d be hopeful of a big run from

Snow Dancer

in the

and

Global

in the

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

*Updated todays bets

Viewing 17 posts - 1,191 through 1,207 (of 1,253 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.