The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

A ton of bricks

Home Forums Horse Racing A ton of bricks

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Sheikh Mohammed has always appeared to me as a man for whom integrity in his racing dealings was paramount. I’m sure ‘absolutely appalled’ doesn’t begin to describe his feelings.

Let’s hope this incredible news has no effect on his willingness to race and invest in horseracing in the UK.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

For anyone unsure about the effects of Stanozolol – it was the steroid Ben Johnson was caught using.

It is also (under its name ‘Winstrol’) the drug Rick Dutrow Jr. admitted giving all his horses ("on the 15th of every month") the week before Big Brown’s Kentucky Derby win. It was legal in certain legislatures in teh US at that time.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Sheikh Mohammed has always appeared to me as a man for whom integrity in his racing dealings was paramount. I’m sure ‘absolutely appalled’ doesn’t begin to describe his feelings.

Let’s hope this incredible news has no effect on his willingness to race and invest in horseracing in the UK.

It wont change his policy of Racing in the UK but you wouldn’t want to be Al Zarooni! :shock: Incredible that he thought it was acceptable to administer Anabloic Steroids to horses in between races and nobody told him it was wrong,ie The Bloody Vet! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Anyone now the Ante-post rules on Certify bets!?

Yeh you lose,simple as that! Bookmakers can use their own discretion as to refunding bets on a

sympathetic note

but certainly wont have to if they dont want too.

• Total Posts 1217

Couldn’t he be transferred to Bin Suroors yard?

• Total Posts 336

Would be surprised if he views it as an attack on him by the BHA.

It raises a lot of questions though. Was this a routine inspection, and if not why not? How long has this practice been going on and brings into question Al Zarooni’s results last season. Would it be cynical then to question the Meydan results. The clearance rate in horses for the two substances in question seem to be quoted as: Stanozolol 28 days and Ethylestrenol 48 hours

Finally what is going to happen these 11 horses and indeed the rest of the stable.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 2064

Couldn’t he be transferred to Bin Suroors yard?

I guess that will happen, but only after the "extended period of time" for which these horses are suspended. Personally, I am very sad to see Opinion Poll on the list as he is a very likeable and consistent horse.

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Personally, I am very sad to see Opinion Poll on the list as he is a very likeable and consistent horse.

Maybe they would all be more consistent if pumped to the eyeballs with steroids though?

Someone compared the results for MAZ and SBS recently, and MAZ was way ahead. Perhaps today’s revelations explain why?

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

Personally, I am very sad to see Opinion Poll on the list as he is a very likeable and consistent horse.

Maybe they would all be more consistent if pumped to the eyeballs with steroids though?

Someone compared the results for MAZ and SBS recently, and MAZ was way ahead. Perhaps today’s revelations explain why?

Is it really possible that he was doping his entire string of extremely valuable assets, without someone from senior management being aware this was going on? Seems a bit far fetched to me.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Is it really possible that he was doping his entire string of extremely valuable assets, without someone from senior management being aware this was going on? Seems a bit far fetched to me.

I have to say I agree with PC. Does no one else think this is a bit fishy? It is commonly known that Sheikh Mo makes all the big decisions in his stables. Is it not possible he knew this sort of thing went on? We only know about these horses in the UK. What about those in Dubai? Are the tests so rigorous over there?

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Questions are already being asked:-

http://i73.photobucket.com/albums/i237/scorrie57/SheikhSpeak_zps541ffe33.jpg

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"Jonibake":74mm1n5x wrote:

I have to say I agree with PC. Does no one else think this is a bit fishy? It is commonly known that Sheikh Mo makes all the big decisions in his stables. Is it not possible he knew this sort of thing went on? We only know about these horses in the UK. What about those in Dubai? Are the tests so rigorous over there?

However rigorous testing is in Dubai,it still has to be passed by the ruler himself!

tony321
    Participant
    • Total Posts 368

Weren’t the stable warned they would be at risk of unannounced drug tests as a result of one of their horses failing a test last season ?

If they were then they can’t say they weren’t warned and looks like all those horses maybe out for the season at least.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Please – no allegations against other trainers and/or anyone else in the Godolphin operation on this (or any other) thread please, thank you.

elgransenor1
    • Total Posts 625

fair enough cormack, but it’s seriously annoying for anyone who’s backed certify ante-post.

• Total Posts 1217

fair enough cormack, but it’s seriously annoying for anyone who’s backed certify ante-post.

Tell me about it, an injury (or god forbid a death) you can take but to be a NR because of drug suspension is seriously out of order.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

VC are returning all Ante-Post wagers on

Certify

,others will follow in these pretty unique circumstances.

Viewing 17 posts - 35 through 51 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.