The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

A ton of bricks

Home Forums Horse Racing A ton of bricks

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 279 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 3003

Careful chaps we must not upset those Godolphin chaps , after all the boss and family have and continue to support this game of ours in a big way

probably best to tread carefully on this one . for once agree with Corm , nothing has been proven , best to leave it

Ricky

Blocked
    • Total Posts 3003

Careful chaps we must not upset those Godolphin chaps , after all the boss and family have and continue to support this game of ours in a big way

probably best to tread carefully on this one . for once agree with Corm , nothing has been proven , best to leave it

Ricky

Blocked
    • Total Posts 3003

Jeeze this site is gone so slow , triple posts are now standard , can someone fix it please

:oops:

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

You don’t fine some one if nothing has been proven, do you?

Eclipse First
    • Total Posts 1569

Was the fine for running a horse with a prohibited substance? That was proven, from whence the prohibited substance originated was not. I believe that the trainers are ultimately responsible for the horses under their care even if they have little direct involvement with their day to day welfare.

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Eclipse First I coud not but entirely agree with you.

Participant
    • Total Posts 4833

Andy, your talking utter bollox.

When you pull your head out of your ass go onto the disciplinary section of the BHA website and you’ll find a myriad of trainers that have been fined similar amounts for contaminated feed/ cross contamination.

:roll:

wit
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2171

well, i don’t know if any of you chaps remember the Cheers Hong Kong episode back in 2003 when – after another trainer had already been fined – Ivan Allan fought and won against HKJC charges of doping.

Allan’s persistence ultimately showed that it was HKJC-mandated horse shampoo issued by the HKJC’s own veterinary department that was the cause of the positive.

A name at the HKJC that figured prominently in Allan’s attacks on those he saw unfairly impugning his integrity was that of the then chief HKJC stipe, one Jamie Stier.

Its a small world in racing – the same Jamie Stier is currently in GB as the BHA’s Director of Raceday Regulation and Operations.

Allan went a bit over the top in his fury to the point where that became the real story, but as he said:

"If I had not demanded an adjournment, the same panel of stewards which charged me would certainly have convicted me and fined me $150,000”.

"It is lucky that I am a tiger and not a pussycat, and that I was determined to fight this."

http://www.racingandsports.com.au/racin … ed_To_HKJC

one of the few within the HKJC who, at no little risk to his own career prospects, had sided with Allan to press for full investigation rather than just lie down to the stewards charges on the basis of "horse doped – trainer responsible – end of story" was the then HKJC Director of Racing, EB.

EB is now the CEO of the HKJC.

the other, previously convicted, trainer (Alex Wong) was then encouraged to appeal to get his conviction overturned.

so folk do get fined when not culpable…….

andyod
    • Total Posts 4012

Just goes to show if one is innocent one should fight for justice; otherwise pay the fine and go home.

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

11 Mahmood Al Zarooni trained horses have been suspended from racing following detection of banned steroids in samples. The horses include 1,000 Guineas hope Certify. Godolphin have commented on their website stating Sheikh Mohammed is ‘absolutely appalled.’

Librettist
    • Total Posts 559

Anyone now the ante-post rules on Certify bets!?

Ignorance of the rules is no excuse, if indeed that’s what he maintains is the reason. He will undoubtedly be sacked, and quite rightly too.

• Total Posts 336

Here’s the list of horses and substances

Ethylestranol:
    Desert Blossom
    Certify
    Fair Hill
    Ghostflower
    Orkney Island
    Sweet Rose
    Valley Of Queens

Stanozolol:
    Artigiano
    Bathrat Amal
    Opinion Poll
    Restraint Of Trade

Peruvian Chief
    • Total Posts 1931

Worrying isn’t it. I think all our smugness aimed at Australia / USA racing is misplaced.

How many doped horses would you imagine there are as a percentage to what have been caught? 1% causght? 5% caught?

Participant
    • Total Posts 111

Here’s the list of horses and substances

Ethylestranol:
    Desert Blossom
    Certify
    Fair Hill
    Ghostflower
    Orkney Island
    Sweet Rose
    Valley Of Queens

Stanozolol:
    Artigiano
    Bathrat Amal
    Opinion Poll
    Restraint Of Trade

wow I thought it it was maybe just one horse when I heard the news:(

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

45 horses tested – 11 found positive.

Zarooni takes responsibility for administering the substances. ‘I have made a catastrophic error.’

Official BHA statement –

As part of the ‘testing in training’ sampling programme conducted by the British Horseracing Authority (BHA), on 9th April 2013 samples were obtained from 45 horses trained by Mahmood Al Zarooni at Moulton Paddocks Stables. This afternoon the BHA has received written advice from the Horseracing Forensic Laboratory that upon analysis 11 of these samples had present in them prohibited substances as laid out below:

Ethylestranol:
    Desert Blossom
    Certify
    Fair Hill
    Ghostflower
    Orkney Island
    Sweet Rose
    Valley Of Queens

Stanozolol:
    Artigiano
    Bathrat Amal
    Opinion Poll
    Restraint Of Trade

Adam Brickell, Director of Integrity, Legal and Risk for the BHA, said:

"Ethylestranol and stanozolol are anabolic steroids and therefore Prohibited Substances under British Rules of Racing, at any time – either in training or racing. Mahmood Al Zarooni has been advised of the analysts’ findings and has been visited by an Investigating Officer.

"A Disciplinary Panel enquiry into the analysts’ findings will take place at the first available opportunity, confirmed details of which will follow when available. The horses which have produced positive tests will also not be permitted to race with immediate effect and for an extended period of time. As part of the ongoing process a decision will be made as to what period this suspension will be imposed for.

"The BHA understand the importance of this process being carried out as quickly as possible because of implications for betting markets.”

End

Keymaster
    • Total Posts 9230

Link to the official Godolphin website where they comment on this topic.

http://www.godolphin.com/news/latest-news/article/6935/certify-to-miss-1000-guineas

Participant
    • Total Posts 2805

"Because the horses involved were not racing at the time, I did not realise that what I was doing was in breach of the rules of racing."

Nice to see he hasn’t lost his sense of humour.

Mike

Viewing 17 posts - 18 through 34 (of 279 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.