The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,616 through 1,632 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Olas I agree with your concerns surrounding

Boston Bob

,I too would like to see another run under his belt,you cant beat experience when it comes to jumping fences at speed around Cheltenham and he hasn’t got any! Big Concern! I know for a fact though that this fellow is ‘potentially’ the Wylies best horse so if Willie gets plenty schooling into him and obviously has him 100% fit at home then he could be a very exciting proposition.So long as he turns up for the RSA on the day I wont be concerned then! :wink:

Hadrians Approach

at 25/1 is my number 2 and thats it!

Darlan

wins first time out so I’m not worried about him at all,so long as he gets there with no last minute hiccups I know what he’ll do,he was fit enough for the Fighting Fifth and just basically ticked over till Xmas,he has come on again for that and hopefully will turn up at Donny on Monday so I can see him again,not wishing Sandown is off mind! :wink:He is my only horse in the race.

My Tent or Yours

is in the same mould as ‘Darlan’ and I’m just as confident about him as I was ‘Darlan’ for the ‘Supreme’last year.I really cant see Gigginstown running both ‘Sir des champs’ and

First Lieutenant

in the Gold cup so I’ve backed the latter for both that and the Ryanair,now that I have

Cape Tribulation

going for Gold I’ll settle for ‘The Lieutenant’ winning his owners race if I have too! Its reassuring to know that

At Fishers Cross

is going for the Albert Bartlett as I like him a lot,he’ll battle all the way home! I still dont know the targets for

Cantlow

Carlito Brigante

Harry the Viking

Rule the world

Gevrey Chambertin

Trifolium

, but

Rolling star

and

Oscar whiskey

both caught my eye last Saturday and will take some beating in the Triumph and World hurdle! Now its all about getting there!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I’d expect and hope

Boston Bob

runs in the Moriarty at Leopardstown. Both Florida Pearl and Cooldine ran there and what do you say about trainers being creatures of habit Gord? There’s been a bit of money for

Back In Focus

lately but Bob remains strong so that doesn’t worry me too much.

Regarding

Rule The World

‘s target, I’d say this is how Gigginstown will run their horses:

Supreme: Un Atout
    Neptune: Rule The World
    Bartlett: Road To Riches

I also think it’s likely I’ll get my wish for First Lieutenant to run in the Ryanair.

Gigginstown have some interesting horses for the handicaps too (Carlito Brigante, Toner D’Oudaries, Un Beau Matin to name just 3).

Looking forward to ‘my’ Un Atout against ‘your’ My Tent Or Yours Gord :wink: I remember well when we went at each other in the Arkle a couple of years ago. If it’s soft he won’t see which way Un Atout goes, if it’s good to soft he might just about glimpse him in the distance :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

You’d have to think FL to The Ryanair looks the most likely call, who else do Gigginstown have for the race? Also don’t think he can beat Bobsworth or SDC in The Gold Cup.

If he does line up in The Ryanair he’s the most likely winner imo, still available at 15’s on Betfair, haven’t took the plunge yet….where do you think he’ll end up chaps?

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Are you concerned that there has been a rush of money for Boston Bob in the NH Chase!!! Madness at 7/2 now

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Are you concerned that there has been a rush of money for Boston Bob in the NH Chase!!! Madness at 7/2 now

Yes Gary I’ve been a tad concerned about that for the past week as he keeps turning

Synchronised

! Lets go to war!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Sorry about that bit of a rant there Lads,bit premature of me with still another 39 days 4hours and 5 minutes till this battle commences!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

There are times when I love the Official Handicapper almost as much as I do Ladbrokes Odds compilers,to raise

Mad Moose

a mere 5lb for his efforts against the likes of ‘Somersby’ and ‘Sprinter Sacre’ beggars belief when he raised

Cape Tribulation

the full 14lb for beating ‘Imperial Commander’ last weekend.I know I told Ginge after the race it had to be rated at 165 but considering the times of the whole card on the day I thought he’d show a bit of leniency.The Handicapper knows there’s another 10lb to come but through a slowly deteriorating ‘Imperial Commander’ who being dropped to 162 would just about get in the ‘Festival Chase’,! :roll: Can you imagine that?? What the 165 shows clearly is a horse on the upgrade and its horses on the upgrade that Win Gold Cups.Now ‘The Moose’ well what can I say about him,he has a mind of his own but the way he ‘flew’ past ‘Somersby’ suggests its time to step him back up in trip………Byrne Group Chase anyone?

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

The yard are all on rich again 220 long, the horse didn’t find trouble lto!!!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Yes Gary I’ve been a tad concerned about that for the past week as he keeps turning

No panic yet lads, I wouldn’t be too concerned. The horse has an entry in everything, even the Arkle ffs! :shock: I’d say the money for the 4 miler is from punters who know he’d be a good thing if that’s where he goes :wink: The bookies were not taking uch chance with their opening show at any rate. I’d be confident

Vesper Bell

is the Mullins horse for the 4 miler.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Only those who know their horses took the 7’s and 6’s about

Captain Conan

in running there at Sandown,the horse needed every yard of that trip and he definately blew up between the last 2 fences,’Third intention’ was the perfect target to aim for and he did! He’ll be a different horse come ‘Jewson’ time and hopefully he drifts like a barge……..Queue Ladbrokes!

Did you hear my sigh of relief Gary? :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I dont know if its the booking of Barry Geraghty on

Mad Max

in the next at Sandown or its just the fact the old monkey has caught my eye already this season when he goes off like a scolded cat,either way I’m having an interest on him for old times sake!

Mad Max

£100 win 7/1 Bet365 Sandown 3pm.

£12933

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Busy watching the markets as I try to watch the racing and I’ve just noticed Skybet go 5/1 about

Captain Conan

winning the ‘Jewson’ at the Festival and that is worth taking for a horse who looked like he’d come on again for todays test,its easy to take things at face value at this game but this triple Grade 1 winner has bags of scope still and more than anything a will to win,he’ll be around the 5/2 mark come the day so time to top up methinks!

Captain Conan

£200 win 5/1 Skybet,Jewson Cheltenham

£13133

• Total Posts 1217

Mad Max definitely prefers better ground…

As for Capt Conan, I like a horse who battles to victory, looks sure to be a strong contender for the Jewson.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’d expect and hope

Boston Bob

runs in the Moriarty at Leopardstown. Both Florida Pearl and Cooldine ran there and what do you say about trainers being creatures of habit Gord? There’s been a bit of money for

Back In Focus

lately but Bob remains strong so that doesn’t worry me too much.

Regarding

Rule The World

‘s target, I’d say this is how Gigginstown will run their horses:

Supreme: Un Atout
    Neptune: Rule The World
    Bartlett: Road To Riches

I also think it’s likely I’ll get my wish for First Lieutenant to run in the Ryanair.

Gigginstown have some interesting horses for the handicaps too (Carlito Brigante, Toner D’Oudaries, Un Beau Matin to name just 3).

Looking forward to ‘my’ Un Atout against ‘your’ My Tent Or Yours Gord :wink: I remember well when we went at each other in the Arkle a couple of years ago. If it’s soft he won’t see which way Un Atout goes, if it’s good to soft he might just about glimpse him in the distance :mrgreen:

You are never far away Tommy,Yes I remember your

Captain Cee Bee

winning the ‘supreme’ and your

Sizing Europe

winning the Arkle! :twisted: This years ‘Supreme’ really is another cracker and time will prove that ‘our’ horses are Top Class and that includes GDC’s ‘Jezki’.

First Lieutenant

would be a 2/5 chance of running in the Ryanair if he was trained by anyone other than ‘The Mouse’ himself,he will have the last say and he knows the big horse is a 10lb better horse on genuine Good Ground so its not a gimmee that he runs in the Ryanair just yet as he’s a certainty to place in the Gold cup.If he did run in the Ryanair,I would put him down as one of my top 3 Bankers so I’m not panicking like I was last year with the Gigginstown musical chairs scenario.I have healthy double figure prices for both frustrating though it is,its a necessity in this instance!
    Can you imagine having £600 worth of bets on a horse to win £5k and he goes and wins another race instead?? :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :twisted: :( :( :( :( :oops: :oops: :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Only those who know their horses took the 7’s and 6’s about

Captain Conan

in running there at Sandown,the horse needed every yard of that trip and he definately blew up between the last 2 fences,’Third intention’ was the perfect target to aim for and he did! He’ll be a different horse come ‘Jewson’ time and hopefully he drifts like a barge……..Queue Ladbrokes!

Did you hear my sigh of relief Gary? :roll:

Wish I’d been on the machine Gord. Wouldn’t say Captain Conan had a "perfect target" as such, more Third Intension is a dog. Still a maiden in this code! Pricked ears at the crowd rounding the home turn, stuck head in the air and as polite as ever, "after you Sir". Why don’t the Tizzards put ear plugs in?

If the runner-up had been a genuine sort then the result could well have been different. Other than showing determination Captain Conan disappointed today, not himself at all for whatever reason. Can’t blame the trip as he was staying on. May do better racing prominently rather than held up. Migh not (if we believe connections) have been 100% fit. Hope nothing comes to light tomorrow. More questions to answer now than before the race, but he’s still the best horse in the Jewson and I wouldn’t like to lay the 5/1.

May be the horse to take out of this race in respect of Festival value is the third – Houblon – for the NH Chase?

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

I dont know if its the booking of Barry Geraghty on

Mad Max

in the next at Sandown or its just the fact the old monkey has caught my eye already this season when he goes off like a scolded cat,either way I’m having an interest on him for old times sake!

It wasn’t the problem this time Gord, But along with leg trouble, numerous wind ops including tubed means Mad Max struggles immediately breathing comes under any sort of pressure. Therefore always travels well before finding nothing in the final stages. If you’re going to get involved another day Gord, might be one to back before the race and lay in running for a win-win situation. Also looks best allowed a lead, so other front-runners in the race could be another negative. Very best form on better ground imo a coincidence; coming before his wind problems.

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Mad Max definitely prefers better ground…

As for Capt Conan, I like a horse who battles to victory, looks sure to be a strong contender for the Jewson.

Looked more like the second threw it away Rich. CC has plenty of questions to answer after that. Never travelled.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Viewing 17 posts - 1,616 through 1,632 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.