The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,157 through 1,173 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord i agree that our SWORD OF DESTINY has lots of improvement in him but i think he be like Pandarama. where he get 3m but he only race on heavy going he will.Do not see him going on fast ground.

Also Tommy i think he reverse form with Buckers Bridge he will.

You could be right there Darren but connections of

Pandorama

were keen to take him to Cheltenham.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Very rarely post on here and prefer reading what others have to say and have thouroughly enjoyed following your threads for a number of years now but I get the feeling that your not a happy camper at the minute??

:lol:

The National Hunt is now in full flow (your bread and butter) and i havent seen much in the way of intrest from yourself recently. Is it a case of the wet weather bringing bottomless ground that is putting you off??

Anyway I hope to see some more of your intresting thoughts soon and that this thread can get a few nice priced winners on the board this side of Christmas!

P.S – Anyone seen Fist????

:?

Fist/Hurdy

get yo Ass back on here before The Hennessey! I’m convinced

Bobs Worth

is a Certainty…….Its that ‘Feltham’ form I keep harping on about! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well I’ve ‘Deliberated,Cogitated and Digested’ this years Hennessey Gold cup at Newbury on Saturday,I’ve already backed ‘Bobs Worth’ to win at 5/1 and ‘First Lieutenant’ at 16’s and 12/1 e/w but with the weather as it is I wouldn’t be surprised to see either of them run! Both tick every box for a race of this calibre and particularly the fact that they are both second season Chasers,my number 1 priority……….Normally! This year I can see the stats thrown out the window and thats because there’s a horse who does just that every time he runs and at 10/1 I can see

Tidal Bay

going off Fav if the rain does continue so its a case of the ‘early bird catching the worm’ here and even with Top weight I can see Ruby doing just what Daryl did in the Whitbread earlier this year,No way will this 11yo go off at 10/1 on Saturday,No way!

Tidal Bay

£150 e/w 10/1 Sporting Bet, Hennessey Gold Cup.

£9838

Participant
    • Total Posts 65

Unfortunately it appears that i am a much better judge of charactor than i am of my horses these days fella.

I have followed you in on First Leutenant for the Gold Cup next year, he really is a proper Cheltenham Horse this one. I just hope he doesnt run in what looks likely to be a bog at Newbury on Saturday, it will do him no good at all in my opinion.

Darlan is another on my radar although i did get my fingers burnt last weekend when he was pulled out last minute!! However, i did manage to sweet talk our frends at bet365 and managed to recover half of my original stake…..now we all know where that is ending up – Win Bet Champion Hurdle 2013!

Anyway keep up the hard work, the results as we know will follow in good time.

OLAS

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

P.S – Anyone seen Fist????

:?

No, I didn’t get/want Fist banned, he got himself banned (again).
    NO! I do not want to see you banned either Gord, place wouldn’t be the same without you.

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

When and how did Fist get banned!? I must have missed it.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Likewise Jonibake.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

NO! I do not want to see you banned either Gord, place wouldn’t be the same without you.

He got himself banned dissagreeing with you Ginger! Just because you are Mr Tolerant doesn’t mean everyone else is,you have a knack of winding people up with your patronising views.Me and Fisty had made a successful effort to get on and we did,anyone who reads us knows we were sworn enemies once and we both got what was coming but I came back as a fluffy colourful Bird and spent a year getting off my high horse and Fist came back as some strange named HurdyGurdy but his contributions on here were still a Class read,I rate the guys originality like I rate your own,you still maintain a consistent and reliable way of doing things in your own inimitable style even though you do my bloody head in with the 100% book S*it! :lol: You should make a public apology for winding poor old Fist up to breaking point,you know what he’s like when he goes off on one and you should have left it……….Bit like I did with you! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I see

Tidal Bay

is 6/1 now for the Hennessey on Saturday and he’ll go off shorter yet,I remember backing him for the Whitbread earlier this year thinking he was a good thing to back in running as he’d trade at silly prices with his style of running,incredibly he didn’t but he’s the sort of horse you know pretty early on in a race as to what ‘Tidal’ will turn up,his form of late is much more consistent but I was never sure that something wasn’t bothering him in the past,I too hope

First Lieutenant

doesn’t turn up on Ground too soft Olas even though I’ve got over £350 on him,I’ve got a damn site more on for the Cheltenham Gold cup,so long as

Bobs Worth

runs his race should he run,I’ll know exactly where my Gigginstown horse will sit in the pecking order!
    I remember waffling on about last years ‘Feltham’ form being better than last years ‘King George’ form,I’d say last weeks ‘Betfair Chase’ confirmed that and I’m still hoping

Grand Crus

gets there this year as 12/1 is Xmas if he does!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Gord any thoughts on MANGAMITY in the hennessy also i know you like
    HARRY THE VIKING in welsh national. but any other horses in market you like in race. i like LOST GLORY at 25/1 he won a decent race last time at Chepstow he did. but he bigger on betfair so may not line up but also on T43 at 8/1 too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32178

Ginge the list of people you have got banned or drove out/wound up is endless, one day you will be the only left on here. That reminds, I must start my campaign soon.

DONT VOTE FOR GINGE

!!!! :mrgreen:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Ginge seemed to be rather jealous of your success last year, Gord.

The thought of Ginge managing to wind people up tickles me pink. He seems the perfect Aunt Sally, himself, in an affable kind of way; which is why I like to leave a little wee-wee take for him at the end of my posts. God’s watching your every move, Ginge…

Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Ginge seemed to be rather jealous of your success last year, Gord,

:lol: :lol: :lol:

Why should I be jealous of someone with a far inferior percentage profit than me Grimes? :roll:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Gord, then you put your foot in it by pointing out that his tips seemed to follow someone else’s. Something like that.

Had hoped to reply to some comments in a few pms, but once again need to try and clear my name.

See Gord, that’s what you get when you accuse me of being a "fake, cheat and charlatan". People jumping to their own conclusions and reinforcing their own prejudices; as it did with Fist. Unfortunately, Fist took your comments to mean something very similar to Grimes, and it resulted in him saying stuff that was potentially libellous. I haven’t had any correspondence with Cormack about Fist’s ban, but presume that was the reason for it.

I don’t know exactly what Fist said after I went to bed that night, as it was all deleted. But by clicking on Hurdygurdyman’s name (for a history of his latest posts) you can see one line of a now deleted post…

“Geez, I was only asking if the bets he posts are real… He’s answered my question and I now realise it is not him that’s making the 12%”.

ie Fist accused me of using other people’s tips as my own.

I never asked or wanted Fist banned. Hope David knows that I personally would not take TRF/him to court over what’s written on here. But am sure Cormack can not afford to take the chance of keeping such loose cannons on here. If Fist does not respond to warnings from Cormack, and did this to me, he could do it to someone who would take legal action. ie Had no choice but to ban Fist (not for the first time).

It’s a shame, because Fist knew a lot about the game and I enjoyed a lot of his meanderings.

Grimes,
    From what I read, I believe Gord’s comments of "fake, cheat and charlatan" were aimed at my "percentage mantra". ie He thinks I just pick a horse/s out of a race and back it/them – without doing any percentage assessment. From what I saw, he never once did anything close to

"pointing out that his tips seemed to follow someone else’s. Something like that".

I am aware being a very religious chap, you might attack any confirmed athiest at any opportunity. But I’d be grateful if you’d delete that accusation Grimes. Am sure your God wouldn’t like you using such a falsehood. :evil:

Mark

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33017

Ginge the list of people you have got banned or drove out/wound up is endless, one day you will be the only left on here. That reminds, I must start my campaign soon.

DONT VOTE FOR GINGE

!!!! :mrgreen:

Who have I "got banned/drove out Nathan? :lol:
    It is xxxxxxx stupid to blame me for Fist with the stuff I had to endure. But you wouldn’t know because it is all deleted.

As for winding people up, I think your "lover" is "King" of that. :lol:

Suspect your post is an attempt to make it look as though it is my fault if anyone else is banned. Well done! :roll:

One thing we can agree on Nathan. Please do start a campaign…

DON’T VOTE FOR GINGE!

There are many, many more worthy TRFers than me! :mrgreen:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32178

I’m just playing along with the thread Ginge.

I agree with you anyway, you didn’t push Fist off the top of the cliff, you just shouted BOO loudly when he was tinkering too close to the edge.

You have not got anyone banned/drove out as far as I know. If members get banned or leave it’s down to them. However Reet Hard, MrE and Fist might disagree.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I never asked or wanted Fist banned. "Hope David knows that I personally would not take TRF/him to court over what’s written on here. But am sure Cormack can not afford to take the chance of keeping such loose cannons on here. If Fist does not respond to warnings from Cormack, and did this to me, he could do it to someone who would take legal action". ie Had no choice but to ban Fist (not for the first time).

It’s a shame, because Fist knew a lot about the game and I enjoyed a lot of his meanderings.

"But I’d be grateful if you’d delete that accusation Grimes. Am sure your God wouldn’t like you using such a falsehood." :evil:

Mark

The above 2 comments just about sum you up Ginge………..****** Pathetic! It wouldn’t enter my head to even contemplate threatening court action against anyone on here because I can take all the abuse I get and just laugh it off,if you are going to be controversial and you can certainly ‘attempt’ to be, you have to take a bit of stick,it makes up for mundane racing! Lighten up for GOrDS sake! :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 1,157 through 1,173 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.