The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,140 through 1,156 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

GDC on WEIRD AL i think he could come in the places so that a good price at ew will there be anymore horses coming out of the race.

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Due to the ground I can see another 1 or 2 dropping out, consequently I have gone left field and taken 33s EW about Cannington Brook as trainers in form and this lad wants it like a quagmire which he might possibly get!

• Total Posts 614

Lone wolf why you change your name i miss the superman pic i do.

Gord best way to celebrate is with a Irn Bru mate :)

Better than this one ? :|

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Irn Bru a awesome pic it is do you like the drink mate

Also you guys got any thoughts on the Welsh National i like
    TEAFORTHREE but is 8/1 i wish he was a double figure price so i bet on him to win but also like

LOST GLORY at 25/1 won a decent race at Chepstow has good form at that track as well. if he goes for this national then he will not be the above price and i think he go well.

• Total Posts 614

Yup Darren….i swig from the cans and bottles sometimes.

• Total Posts 660

By the way speaking of heavy drinking, I see the hitman Hatton is in action tomorrow night. I recall Gord is an astute judge of boxing and surely he would agree with me that 1/3 Hatton is a touch optimistic. Maybe putting Sevchenko into a few doubles with horses could pay handsomely.

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

There ya go Darren, spot on with my summary, 2 more dropped out of betfair, very happy with both my prices so fingers crossed for 2 places or even the winner :-)

Venetia could have a very good day today ;-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

By the way speaking of heavy drinking, I see the hitman Hatton is in action tomorrow night. I recall Gord is an astute judge of boxing and surely he would agree with me that 1/3 Hatton is a touch optimistic. Maybe putting Sevchenko into a few doubles with horses could pay handsomely.

Hatton in his prime would take this fellow out in the first 3 rounds Kasp……..However 31/2 years out of the ring would tell on 90% of Professional Boxers but the ‘Hitman’ is a naturally hard lad who knows defeat tonight will see him permanently hang up his gloves
    so I reckon 1/3 is about right.I’ve always like fighters who are aggressive can take a Punch and still come back for more.

Nigel Benn

was my favourite Boxer,he was more Roberto Duran than Sugar Ray Leonard but could deliver the goods.

Marvin Hagler

was another who ticked my boxes.I’ve had a daft tenner on rounds 1,at 25/1, round 2 at 16/1,round 3 at 16/1,round 4 at 16/1 and round 5 at 14/1 as an interest.I cant believe

Audley Harrison

isn’t in the Jungle instead of David Haye as they are all a bunch of drama Queens,apparently Audley was 1st choice but he thought ‘Wichity Grub’ was a Canadian heavyweight Boxer! :lol:

• Total Posts 614

I think Hatton will get beat. He didn’t exactly look fit during his absence. Sevchenko has a persistant and creible jab, and i think he will catch Hatton out once he has worked him enough. 3/1 looks a decent price.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"You live by the sword,you die by the sword" just about sums up Ricky Hattons comeback fight tonight,if he was going to beat the Ukranian he had to do it early,unfortunately he failed and what knocked him down was a typical Hitman body shot from Senchenko,had it gone the distance he’d have still lost.31/2 years is a long time to be out but Ricky certainly looked the part physically! Well done Kasp and Lone Wolf!

• Total Posts 660

Yes a fair summary.

I am still very puzzled by the odds though. I never saw Hatton as better than an even chance and expected the smart money to lay him near the opening bell. But this never happened. As boxing isn’t really my bag I assumed I had missed something such as home advantage or Sechenko carrying an injury I didn’t know about.

Anyway I made a bit of money but I had a fair amount on a Sechenko points victory at 12-1 and higher which was looking good until Hatton crumpled in the 9th.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Like most sports that interest me I always watch the live Betfair markets during proceedings and the Hatton fight was a typical affair of traders getting it wrong.From an opening 1/3 Hatton that briefly touched 2/7 in the first 3 rounds he drifted consistently to Evens the pair by round 9.On the other hand Senchenko’s odds were being gradually shortened as the fight progressed,now hindsight is a wonderful thing but I knew as well as anyone that the longer the fight went on the weaker Hatton would get,for obvious reasons! Those who fancied the Ukranian were making money like picking Cherries from a tree,having survived Rickys 1st 3 round ‘Onslaught’ (Not really) and trading at a solid 3/1,he still continued to trade at odds between 5/2 and 2/1 up to the 6/7th round,in a 2 horse race thats pretty generous considering he’s no slouch.Of course my stubborness wouldn’t allow me to get my money back at Evens by the 9th round even though it was crystal clear he was edging it! :oops: Loyalty eh? I’m just the same with my horses! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve got a soft spot for this

Sword of Destiny

,he’s a Gigginstown horse who’s only ever set foot on a racecourse 6 times now and won today at Navan like a 5/4fav should.I do believe he’s a horse who wants a trip so I cant see him running over 2m again,my concern though,particularly regarding Ante-Post targets for Cheltenham is his ‘Panchant’….Wow now thats a word and a half ‘Eclipse’ dalling for Soft ground,he’s got one of those willing heads on him and I can see tons of improvement still to come.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Do you think he’ll reverse the form with

Buckers Bridge

if they meet again TAPK?

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Gord i agree that our SWORD OF DESTINY has lots of improvement in him but i think he be like Pandarama. where he get 3m but he only race on heavy going he will.Do not see him going on fast ground.

Also Tommy i think he reverse form with Buckers Bridge he will.

Participant
    • Total Posts 65

Very rarely post on here and prefer reading what others have to say and have thouroughly enjoyed following your threads for a number of years now but I get the feeling that your not a happy camper at the minute??

The National Hunt is now in full flow (your bread and butter) and i havent seen much in the way of intrest from yourself recently. Is it a case of the wet weather bringing bottomless ground that is putting you off??

Anyway I hope to see some more of your intresting thoughts soon and that this thread can get a few nice priced winners on the board this side of Christmas!

P.S – Anyone seen Fist???? :?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Do you think he’ll reverse the form with

Buckers Bridge

if they meet again TAPK?

Damn right he will Tommy,he’s got bags of improvement you only need to watch his head during a race,he’s very willing but he’s still learning,jumpings not a problem though.He reminds me of

One Man

early in his career with a hint of

Iris’s Gift

,(Willingness)! I’m not sure where he’d go at Cheltenham though and thats very unlike me! :oops:

Viewing 17 posts - 1,140 through 1,156 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.