The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,106 through 1,122 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m pleased to see William Hill have fallen in to line with the rest of the High St Bookmakers by cutting

First Lieutenants

Cheltenham Gold Cup odds to 16/1 from 20/1,still way too big imo but so long as there’s a money tree at the bottom of my High St I’ll keep scrumping from it.I notice the bookmakers make my Hennessey Good thing

Bobs Worth

the general 5/1 fav, a price I have been snaffling on the machine for several weeks now,I also am aware that Mouse Morris has entered my Gold cup horse too and at 12/1 I have to take it,of course there’s a big ‘Will he run’ attached to that as I’d still make him odds-on not to turn up,if he did though he’d go off nearer 6/1 than 12/1 so I’ve had a tentative interest.What will help is the step up to 31/4m and if he could get in with a 3lb pull with ‘Bobs Worth’ I’d feel I’d got the race covered.Like I keep saying about playing Ante-Post is "If you want the price to pay…..You may have to pay the price"!We’ll see. 8)

First Lieutenant

£150 e/w 12/1 Bet 365 Hennessey Gold Cup.

£10163

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

‘Your’ Zarkandar lol I spat coffee everywhere :-)

Mine was a fine Louis Vii Cognac GDC……Bloody waste but you have to chuckle at Darren sometimes! :lol:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Gord i think Mullins will win Grand national next year either it be
    ON HIS OWN 20/1 or PRINCE DE BEAUCHENE 25/1 what chance would you give these horses. i know you like a few of Jonjo horses i do.

Also i think TEAFORTHREE will win Welsh National any early thoughts on this race

I like HOLD ON JULIO in hennessey i do.

I joined the BOSTON BOB RSA Chase bandwagon now got on at 8s with Hills only reason why is heard no news on COBALLY GHOST yet.
    If BB does not win i think all members on theracingforum will be on the street seems like everyone on him to win RSA.

And Gord why you say got to chuckle at me i am a entertaining member on forum. but i know what i am talking about too as well.
    No better talent spotter on this forum than me

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Also GDC you should drink irn bru mate much better than this coffee caper it is :)

• Total Posts 614

http://i46.tinypic.com/2zfiwz7.jpg

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Darren: you do make me smile mate but I also love it when you mark up one of my ante post selections :-)

I too fancy the Mullins horse for the National, have backed Boston Bob and obv Zarkandar!

As for urn bru mate, only with vodka and ice :-)

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

You should both consider taking some 10s with Stan James for fingal bay to win the Jewson :-) if he runs this week end which I feel he will

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I’m hoping

Champagne Fever

will go the Jewson route GDC, giving Mullins a clean sweep of the novice chases with

Bob the Beast

and

Arvika Ligeonniere

:wink:

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

I get the odd bit of info from the Reveley yard but generally on course however Categorical is fancied to go very well on Friday down at Cheltenham, horse has the form and also has the added advantage of colm having won on the horse before

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

THM: like all 3 of those, is arvika heading for the 4 miler then?

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I’d be hoping the 2 miler GDC! I suppose the problem there is one Simonsig :?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord i think Mullins will win Grand national next year either it be
    ON HIS OWN 20/1 or PRINCE DE BEAUCHENE 25/1 what chance would you give these horses.

Also i think TEAFORTHREE will win Welsh National any early thoughts on this race

I like HOLD ON JULIO in hennessey i do.

I joined the BOSTON BOB RSA Chase bandwagon now got on at 8s with Hills only reason why is heard no news on COBALLY GHOST yet.
    If BB does not win i think all members on theracingforum will be on the street seems like everyone on him to win RSA.

And Gord why you say got to chuckle at me i am a entertaining member on forum. but i know what i am talking about too as well.
    No better talent spotter on this forum than me

:lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

You should both consider taking some 10s with Stan James for fingal bay to win the Jewson :-) if he runs this week end which I feel he will

I’m afraid he’s one of those horses I just cant take too GDC……..That makes him a cert then! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

There isn’t a horse in training I know better than

Calgary Bay

and I haven’t seen him look better at this time of year in the past 5 years,obviously moving around the corner to Mick Channons way of doing things has tightened him up a bit quicker than usual but he’s used to working up at West Isley even when Hen had him.Of course the Official handicapper has him in his grip now but if ‘Calg’ is as forward as he looks he’s more than capable of running

Grand Crus

close.I’ll be happy if either win though.

Calgary Bay

£100 e/w 28/1 William Hill Paddy Power Gold Cup.

£10363

• Total Posts 1217

I get the odd bit of info from the Reveley yard but generally on course however Categorical is fancied to go very well on Friday down at Cheltenham, horse has the form and also has the added advantage of colm having won on the horse before

10/1 at the moment, first time at Cheltenham, can it cope with the track? Have to have a fiver now that you’ve mentioned it!

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Rich: think the market told the story there but soz anyway! Maybe just gonna win up north, but once the ground goes mega soft or heavy he win again, if they book Phil makin they mean business mate

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Could hopefully turn out to be a good day tomorrow for Alan King and Choc, McVicar should go well in the opener, Walkon goes best fresh, Lovcen must improve after a good pipe opener and I fancy the novice in the last EW at 12s. Be lucky all who play

Viewing 17 posts - 1,106 through 1,122 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.