The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,089 through 1,105 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

I’d say great minds think alike Gord but I’m sure we’re alone in thinking Darlan should take this off a mark of 151.

How about the Paddy Power, have you got one for this? I think

Forpadydeplasterer

represents cracking each-way value at a whopping 40/1, running off just 10st 13lbs. Any thoughts?

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Quite the jackanory Gord, thanks for sharing. I feel like the cat that’s got the cream now with my 8/1 8)

Full of Stories me Boz!! :lol: Some are actually True!! :lol: Did I tell you about the time I was flying back from Florida with Virgin Atlantic,there was only a dozen of us in their Premier class that night situated right in the front of the nose cone,I was seated right next to ‘Jordan’,Peter had got straight into his Black Pyjamas and crashed out for the night as did everyone else……..Except yours truly and Katy,of course both of us being naturally shy and introverted found it difficult to communicate………….. 8)
    2 weeks later I read an article in OK magazine written by Katy herself going into great detail about how her and Pete had been enjoying ‘Mile high activities’ on that very same flight……..Bloody hell I thought!! I normally remember everything I’ve done even after 2 bottles of Champagne………. :oops:

:lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’d say great minds think alike Gord but I’m sure we’re alone in thinking Darlan should take this off a mark of 151.

How about the Paddy Power, have you got one for this? I think

Forpadydeplasterer

represents cracking each-way value at a whopping 40/1, running off just 10st 13lbs. Any thoughts?

Darlan

wont be troubled off 151 Boz,his Class will get him home but at the end of the day we’re still a 124 days from the big one! Fond memories for me thinking about

Forpadydeplasterer

,he was the first Ante-Post big priced winner I put up on here,I’d seen him run 4th in the Neptune back in 2008 and from that moment said he’d win the following years Arkle,I put him up on here at 25/1 and 20/1 down for a good 6 months until the day he scraped home in 2009………He’s kinda dissapointed since though mate dont you think? I’m of the opinion that

Grand Crus

is a certainty and have filled my boots at 5/1! I hope ‘Pady’ runs to his best,if he does he could still be placed and at 40/1,I’d be happy for 4th place now myself! :)

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Sorry that was meant to say we’re *NOT alone in thinking he’ll win off 151 :roll:

Yes very true, Forpady hasn’t run anywhere near his best for some time now. His best days truly were as a first and second season chaser. If sent handicapping for the first time however, it wouldn’t surprise me if he could throw the cat amongst the pigeons at a massive price in receipt of a few pounds from the principles. A place would do me just fine though, I’d take that now if it was offered :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Another bookie cuts

Bob

today lads :wink:

Sorely tempted to back him again! :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Where we probably disagree is I would send ‘SDS’ down the Ryanair route and ‘FL’ the Gold Cup route.To say Michael O leary sponsors the Ryanair I would definately attempt to win my own race if I had the horse and in ‘SDS’ he has just that,if I was a Bookmaker I’d be offering 2/1 only about his chances of winning that race!

We do disagree here! I think

First Lieutenant

is tailor made for the Ryanair myself!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Do you guys think BOSTON BOB needs cut in the ground at 3m

And gord where you put DYLAN ROSS in your list of horses he up there with SEVILLE he should won on 2nd start over fences did you see it.

ZARKANDAR my horse for Champion hurdle he is am on at 14s was rushed into race last year he get there 100 percent this time

And do you guys think DIAMOND HARRY will walk home off top weight i think he will.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Do you guys think BOSTON BOB needs cut in the ground at 3m

Ruby said he hated the soft ground after his win at Leopardstown last season, so if he’s right then you’d think good ground should bring about improvement.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

TANTE SISSI
    ZARKANDAR
    DIAMOND HARRY

IRISH HEARTBEAT
    EMIRATES QUEEN
    BLUE SURF
    MASS RALLY

GORGEOUS SIXTY
    TEXAS JACK

Any tips for saturday Gord

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

This ‘Badger ales’ at Wincanton intrigues me today as we all know if the Real

Diamond Harry

turns up he wins……..Easily! Anyone who thinks ‘Zarrafakt’ will win are kidding themselves,he is one over-rated individual who’s actually achieved nothing compared to ‘Harry’ and yet trades at half his price!! :shock: :shock: I could name at least 3 horses in this better than bloody ‘Zarrafakt’! My dilemma is this,connections of ‘Harry’ have stated in the past that he’s back to his best,backed him accordingly and he’s failed miserably.In other words nobody knows which ‘Harry’ will turn up today and if you back him you will have a nightmare scenario of watching him either jump cleanly and gallop this lot into the ground……even off top weight or he’ll get pulled up yet again!I see it this way,he’s 9yo so is in his prime,he’s dropped back to a mark of 150…..6lb less than when he ran away with the 2010 Hennessey,he’s won 10 of his 17 runs is incredibly lightly raced and could beat ‘Zarrafact’ giving him a stone no problem.All things considered its a 50/50 wager imo,’Harry’ will either win like the horse of old or he’ll be pulled up and retired,I dont think that anything in this race is handicapped to trouble the Real Harry so if he gets round he’ll win,he wont go down in a battle because he has as much fight as Audley Harrison……..No thats not fair to the horse! :lol: Heads he Wins..Tails he loses……………I’ll toss it off for a place then at 1/2.

Diamond Harry

£150 e/w 8/1 Bet365 Wincanton 3,25pm.

Loser £10163

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Another one of those horses who deserves to get his head in front today is

Sirius Prospect

,he’s shown notable improvemnet of late but thats because he’s back to his level a level that allowed him a smooth victory in this very race last year and I’ll be dissapointed if he fails today,what does concern me though is his nonsense at the start and that was significant against ‘Regal Parade’ at York but as the saying goes you have to be in it to win it!

Sirius Prospect

£150 e/w 11/2 bet365 Doncaster 3,10pm.

Loser £10463

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Wat a price for the champion hurdle winner today :-) great ride on Zarkandar. Communicator robbed by Franny replacing Holland, gutted is not the word, profit but could have been so much better

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Wat a price for the champion hurdle winner today :-) great ride on Zarkandar.

Cheered him home myself GDC…….Franks the ‘Tote Gold Trophy’ superbly and of course

Darlan

will cruise past him come Champion hurdle time! The price today reflects the ‘Ruby’ factor as

Zarkandar

is different class to ‘Prospect Wells’! :lol:

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Giving him a stone and running all the way to the line, I was impressed with his jumping today, cleaner

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Gord my ZARKANDAR will win champion hurdle my old china am on at 14s i am.

Also like DOMINATION at 10/1 in racingpost hurdle this trainer brings over decent horses and this will love a handicap like it

DIVERS 16/1 Paddy Power loves CD he does had a ok run last time and be spot on for this as well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord my ZARKANDAR will win champion hurdle my old china am on at 14s i am.

Also like DOMINATION at 10/1 in racingpost hurdle this trainer brings over decent horses and this will love a handicap like it

DIVERS 16/1 Paddy Power loves CD he does had a ok run last time and be spot on for this as well.

‘Your’ Zarkandar Darren is undoubtedly a serious Player for this years Champion Hurdle,the more I watch Saturdays performance the more I’m impressed with him,he travelled,jumped,quickened then battled with a helluva weight concession to the less than straightforward runner-up! Of course

Darlan

was in receipt of 5lb from your horse in the Tote Gold Trophy but he was travelling all over him when he fell 2 out,bodes well for the future that form! :wink:

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

‘Your’ Zarkandar lol I spat coffee everywhere :-)

Viewing 17 posts - 1,089 through 1,105 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.