The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,072 through 1,088 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Speaking of talking money Gord, how about

Boston Bob

? He was 10s pretty much across the board a couple of weeks ago, 8s and shortening every day now :wink: Mind you, if

Lyreen Legend

improves like I think he can over fences he’ll be a threat to all!

The shape of this years RSA already reminds me of the build up to

Denmans

2007 year of victory,he too was freely available at 10/1 at this time and was regularly cut throughout the season culminating in going off the Even Money fav!I agree that

Boston Bob

deserves his place at the head of the market and looks a proper RSA horse to me.I’ve not touched him yet myself but that could easily change!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Any thoughts on irish racing too a lot of horses we like ran.
    SWORD OF DESTINY,RULE THE WORLD i think they should drop him back to 2m5 and train him for neptune.Also i remember you talking of
    Toner’OUADIARIES too

I’ve been looking at Re-runs all evening Darren and unfortunately I’m not getting the

Sir des champs

vibe we had last year!

Sword of Destiny

was dissapointing on his comeback but he’s still got time on his side so I’ll forgive that last run!

Toner d’oudaries

was even less impressive for a horse I was looking forward to see jump a fence.I’ve gone through the whole RSA field and cant see anything to touch

Boston Bob

,he went past

Sea of Thunder

in the Albert Bartlett as if he was stood still and more than anything he looks like a fence will bring a great deal more improvement from him! 8/1 will look massive come March as this fellow already,just from profiling him looks like he’s going to start 7/4 fav on the day!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve narrowed this weekends ‘November Handicap’ down from 35 decs to just 2 horses and thats after looking for ‘The Betchworth Kid’ in there! Whats significant about that? Well Mr WH Ponsonby has supported this last big Class 2 race with the above horse for several years now and only recently the old boy of 56 races won at Salisbury.Anyway the ‘Ponsonby’ Silks look likely to be represented by Sir Henrys

First Mohican

,had it been any other owner of Warren Place I would have hesitated in nominating this horse as my idea of the winner but with Mr Ponsonbys previous history with the race I’m confident ‘First Mohican’ will line up,if he does he’ll go off a warm fav,around the 11/4 mark so nows the time to take William Hills 5/1 imo.
    My idea of a big priced outsider goes to

Sirvino

,he’s a reliable sort who too will love any cut in the ground at Town Moor and 20/1 is freely available,his form with the fav gives him every chance although he lacks the scope of ‘First Mohican’ but I’ll be dissapointed if he doesn’t place in the 4.

First Mohican

£200 win 5/1 William Hill, November Handicap.

Sirvino

£50 e/w 20/1 Corals.

Loser £9563

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

What you think of MC Vicar for triumph hudle as well.

Any 2yo fillys you like for next year when 1000 guineas comes around as you know i like WHAT A NAME on fast ground she be a danger to all.But am shocked that a group winner is still 20/1 horse am on about is JUST THE JUDGE 20/1 Ladbrokes. she had Rockfel won all with a furlong to go even the 2nd did not get a good ride. i doubt if she would of gone past the winner anyway 20/1 is too big for her

And i think Stoute could win a few classics with TELESCOPE who go close at Epsom but i like his filly LIBER NAUTCUIS in the Oaks too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I’ve gone through the whole RSA field and cant see anything to touch

Boston Bob

,he went past

Sea of Thunder

in the Albert Bartlett as if he was stood still and more than anything he looks like a fence will bring a great deal more improvement from him! 8/1 will look massive come March as this fellow already,just from profiling him looks like he’s going to start 7/4 fav on the day!

The thing is Gord I’m convinced he wasn’t right that day. He never traveled a yard and wasn’t the same horse who gave Lyreen Legend 10 lbs at Leopardstown imo. A number of Willie Mullin’s string ran similar races, making very heavy weather of making ground, including Hurricane Fly too. Three years ago we both backed

Weapons Amnesty

, two years ago we both backed the ill-fated

Tell Massini

, last year it was

First Lieutenant

, so I’m glad you agree with me about this fella and I hope you follow me in :) 8/1 is still big and I’m tempted to back him again if he runs in the next two weeks.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve gone through the whole RSA field and cant see anything to touch

Boston Bob

,he went past

Sea of Thunder

The thing is Gord I’m convinced he wasn’t right that day. He never traveled a yard and wasn’t the same horse who gave Lyreen Legend 10 lbs at Leopardstown imo. A number of Willie Mullin’s string ran similar races, making very heavy weather of making ground, including Hurricane Fly too. Three years ago we both backed

Weapons Amnesty

, two years ago we both backed the ill-fated

Tell Massini

, last year it was

First Lieutenant

, so I’m glad you agree with me about this fella and I hope you follow me in :) 8/1 is still big and I’m tempted to back him again if he runs in the next two weeks.

Tommy thats good enough for me,dont forget we agreed on

Sir des champs

Jewsons chances too at 12/1,we got the rub of the green because we both knew irrelevant of what the media was saying that

First Lieutenant

would go RSA and

Sir des champs

would take the Jewson route.Where we probably disagree is I would send ‘SDS’ down the Ryanair route and ‘FL’ the Gold Cup route.To say Michael O leary sponsors the Ryanair I would definately attempt to win my own race if I had the horse and in ‘SDS’ he has just that,if I was a Bookmaker I’d be offering 2/1 only about his chances of winning that race! I still cant see anything that will trouble

Boston Bobs

RSA chances,least of all that bloody ‘Fingal Bay’……….Well over-rated imo!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Any 2yo fillys you like for next year when 1000 guineas comes around as you know i like WHAT A NAME on fast ground she be a danger to all.But am shocked that a group winner is still 20/1 horse am on about is JUST THE JUDGE 20/1 Ladbrokes. she had Rockfel won all with a furlong to go even the 2nd did not get a good ride. i doubt if she would of gone past the winner anyway 20/1 is too big for her

And i think Stoute could win a few classics with TELESCOPE who go close at Epsom but i like his filly LIBER NAUTCUIS in the Oaks too.

I like Liber Nauticus too Darren!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

I know the one, it began with the letter D. Was it Dodo or Dildo or something like that?

Blackbeard to conquer the World

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Tommy and Gord I think you’re both bang on about the chances of Boston Bob in the RSA. Cheltenham aside, he looked worlds apart from any of the staying novice hurdlers last season, and that’s where I also agree with you Tommy. For me he didn’t look at all himself in the Albert Bartlett, and still only found one too good, that of course being the late Brindisi Breeze, so he won’t have him in his way come March. I’d also agree that going chasing should bring out the best in him and really can’t see what else will put up a substantial challenge at this stage. Easy to say all this now of course without him having jumped a fence in public yet! If he does take to it as hoped though, that 8/1 is bound to crumble in the coming months.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

I know the one, it began with the letter D. Was it Dodo or Dildo or something like that?

I hear there was a lot of good vibrations coming out about that horse :lol:

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Think it was Dildar :roll:

In the Nov Hcap I can see shy you like the Mohican but fav has a terrible record and you must have snaffled all the fives :-) Sirvino must be too old and won’t want soft!

My 2 are Communicator EW at 12s and Nicholascapernicus to win at 8s, if it isn’t a bog I do like Communicator mate, good luck though

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Think it was Dildar :roll:

I new it was Dildar, Nathan just left me a bit of an open goal there :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

All part of the service boz. You finished it off really well.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

‘DILDAR’ thats the blighter!! Well done chaps,bloody donkey for sure! Anyway I had to go to the Bank this morning to pay a few bills,I had a Grand in Cash,all £50 notes.I had to walk past Ladbrokes en-route so I popped in said Good Morning to the Girls and asked if I could put my £1000 on

Boston Bob

at 5/1 for the RSA,I knew I could get 8/1 elsewhere but I’m fascinated why Ladbrokes are Sh*ttin bricks over this fellow so the girls did the usual procedure of phoning up and getting passed round a bit,eventually I got to speak to a guy a Senior Odds Compiler who told me I could have £200 on at 5/1 and another £400 on at 4/1! Wow how generous I thought,he was well aware of who was offering what when I told him, but when I asked the simple question of Why are you so short he answered simply, "Because we believe he will be targeted for the race"…………"Ah a bit like you did with ‘Cooldine’ eh"? I said smugly, "Yes and he’ll go for the Durkan first aswell" Said the Stingey Odds man from Ladbrokes…….Enough said I thought and wandered off to the Bank!! 8)

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Quite the jackanory Gord, thanks for sharing. I feel like the cat that’s got the cream now with my 8/1 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Its not Rocket Science to work out that my Champion hurdle selection

Darlan

is a better horse than his owners other entry ‘Its a Gimme’ in next weeks ‘Racing Post hurdle’ at Cheltenhams Paddy Power meeting.These pair of JP’s trade as 1st and 2nd favs at 6/1 and 9/1 respectively but on a line through the very useful ‘Raya Star’ rest assured Nicky Hendersons horse will carry Jon-Jo’s! I’m prepared to expect vast improvement from ‘Darlan’ as the season progresses but still expect a bold show first time out in a race that should suit and at 6/1,short that it is I’ll take my chances he lines up! Like all my Ante-Post wagers expect to see a trimming of the odds now! :wink:

Darlan

£150 e/w 6/1 Bet 365 Racing Post hurdle Cheltenham.

Ante-Post N/R Loser £9863

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Quite the jackanory Gord, thanks for sharing. I feel like the cat that’s got the cream now with my 8/1 8)

Full of Stories me Boz!! :lol: Some are actually True!! :lol: Did I tell you about the time I was flying back from Florida with Virgin Atlantic,there was only a dozen of us in their Premier class that night situated right in the front of the nose cone,I was seated right next to ‘Jordan’,Peter had got straight into his Black Pyjamas and crashed out for the night as did everyone else……..Except yours truly and Katy,of course both of us being naturally shy and introverted found it difficult to communicate………….. 8)
    2 weeks later I read an article in OK magazine written by Katy herself going into great detail about how her and Pete had been enjoying ‘Mile high activities’ on that very same flight……..Bloody hell I thought!! I normally remember everything I’ve done even after 2 bottles of Champagne………. :oops:

Viewing 17 posts - 1,072 through 1,088 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.