The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 919 through 935 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    MrUnoHugh
    • Total Posts 146

Mr U,

I shouldn’t bite but…….

A day at the races with friends CAN be more enjoyable than financial gain. You ever experienced that?

Sure, I only go to the racecourse for the beer these days as I’m not really a betting man anymore and the last thing I want to do is support bookmakers who I have strong opinions about.

• Total Posts 15019

Sounded like 2 kids bunking off school :mrgreen:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32177

What would happen if your Wife found out you been bunking off Gord? Would she perform the vasectomy herself….. :lol:

Sounds like a cracking day guys, will have to bunk off work next summer for a day at Nottingham myself.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Just in case you’ve missed it mate.

Wed Oct 17, 2012 10:41 pm

The Ante-Post King wrote:

Nobodys saying anything that cant be backed up 100%Ginge!

Right then, "back it up" Gordon Wilson! But please be absolutely CERTAIN you are 100% correct in what you are writing! :evil:

Explain why I am a

"fake, cheat and charletan"

without using opinion. I expect you to withdraw it or back it up with "facts". You said

"I’ve proved that you cant create a book off your own back,you use the Oddschecker pages and tweak the prices to suit yourself,thats a fact"

!

PROVE IT! :evil:

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1533

Sprinter Sacre will break the 200 mark with Timeform

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Right then, "back it up" Gordon Wilson! But please be absolutely CERTAIN you are 100% correct in what you are writing! :evil:

Explain why I am a

without using opinion. I expect you to withdraw it or back it up with "facts". You said

"I’ve proved that you cant create a book off your own back,you use the Oddschecker pages and tweak the prices to suit yourself,thats a fact"

!

I suspect you may be waiting some while for an answer there ginge or he’ll simply come back with more abuse such is the mentality! Must say nice pics though Gordy boy.

• Total Posts 1533

Sprinter Sacre will break the 200 mark with Timeform

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016
    • Total Posts 1533

And?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

What would happen if your Wife found out you been bunking off Gord? Would she perform the vasectomy herself….. :lol:

:lol:

Sounds like a cracking day guys, will have to bunk off work next summer for a day at Nottingham myself.

Anytime Wingman,anytime! :D I’ll look forward to it! :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

How much did you two lose on the day?

I’ll re-phrase that to how much did I spend!! Just for you Hugh:roll:Thanks for the diplomatic response

Oasis

by the way!

1 x Packet Chewing Gum 50p
    Diesel £10
    Entry £16
    Lunch £30
    1 x Bet on Course

Stand to Reason 10/1

£5 Lost
    1 x Bet on course

Zeyran 9/4

£10 Lost
    1 X Bet on Betfair

First Mohican 6/4

£40 Won
    1 x sneaky Mcdonalds on way home £5

Total Expenses £106.50p

Total Returns £100

Profit/Loss £6.50p Lost.

Fantastic afternoon with a fellow contributor from this Great forum who like myself enjoyed meeting and chatting to Racing Professionals, backing a winner,enjoying the weather and celebrating with a Glass of Champers……Priceless Hugh!
    Anymore questions? :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Explain why I am a

!

I suspect you may be waiting some while for an answer there ginge or he’ll simply come back with more abuse such is the mentality! Must say nice pics though Gordy boy.

Why will the Ginger one be waiting for ‘some while’ for a response Soft-one? I’m about to knock him out in just a minute actually! :wink:
    Thanks for the compliment about the Pics,there’s plenty more…Dont try getting to friendly with me though,Ginge will av ya!! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Explain why I am a

!

"Here we go again Ooooh oooh,Catch us if you can oooh ooh!"

You are a FAKE because

….1, You dont support your posts with Real Money,you dont really back 6 horses in a race to the points make prizes system you preach.Your system suits your thread but in the real world like Fist says you wouldn’t get on at the prices you portray………Unless of course 1 point equates to £1! :shock: 2,You sell yourself as ‘Mr Value’ and yet

You had 20 different bets in this years Grand National!! :roll:

,You thought you were being clever putting up ‘Neptune collonges’ at 54’s on the machine to 2 points but in reality you had bet over half the bloody field

to a 164 point outlay

!!You do the Maths!! :roll: Compare that to my 5 selections and that was because it was the Grand National,I was all over

Sunnyhill Boy at 40/1

even before the weights came out and put him up as my second choice behind

Calgary Bay

on the Grand National thread way before he returned at 16/1,funnily enough I put the same horse up for the Kim Muir at 16/1 way ahead of the game as usual and he won at 13/2! Trying to undermine my legendary Ante-Post record will only come back to haunt you dear boy!

You are a CHEAT

,Quite simply as I’ve proved before,you cant make a 100% Book up off your own back without prior knowledge of the Oddschecker pages.You look at the prices first on there then tweak to make you look as though you know what you are doing,therefore you are Cheating and you and everybody else knows it!

You are a CHARLATAN

, just by definition! "Someone who knowingly employs Bogus means to impress others" Sums you up to a Tee methinks!
    Anything else dear boy? :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

So where are the "facts"? I only see an opinion. An opinion that does not fit with what you’ve told me in private. :roll:

Why would I want to be judged on one 100% book instead of 18 months of consistent profit? :?

I am sure you’d rather I’d be judged on one 100% book instead of 18 months of profit TAK. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1533

Can I suggest someone starts a thread called ENTER AT YOUR OWN RISK (over 18’s only)

We have 2 very good threads going to waste here which isn’t doing the forum any good and it’s coming up to real racing time ie the jumps.

The we can all go in there and call each other all the names we want……NO moderators allowed :lol:

It is really bad news all this heckling going on in the two top threads on the forum and all that will be achieved is others saying fook this and leaving.

We could start by deleting all the posts made that don’t belong in here and in TAPK unless of course you two are hell bent on destruction.

Balls in your court guys but as long as it remains inside a personal thread I’m outta here and I would ask every other member do the same.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Balls in your court guys but as long as it remains inside a personal thread I’m outta here and I would ask every other member do the same.

Well I’ve heard it all now Fisty,you have contributed more than anyone to this little ‘Tet ar Tet’ and have even set your own thread up just to Prove the Gingerwhinger wrong! Now you are suggesting we create a ‘special’ thread dedicated to abuse only.I think keeping it in house as best we can is actually a credit to us as at the end of the day its a little dissagreement between Ginge and Moi,Oh and you when it suits you! :roll: Nobody else has really got involved…..other than er You and you are now calling for everyone to ‘boycott’ our threads because you dont like the tone of our/your exchanges anymore…………Erm Pot calling Kettle? Come in Kettle! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

You sell yourself as ‘Mr Value’ and yet

You had 20 different bets in this years Grand National!! :roll:

,You thought you were being clever putting up ‘Neptune collonges’ at 54’s on the machine to 2 points but in reality you had bet over half the bloody field

to a 164 point outlay

!!You do the Maths!!

Here we go again, more lies or is it half truths or "artistic licence"?

I had bets on 14 horses. I’ve done the maths Gord, it wasn’t "half the field". :roll: I allowed myself to get sucked in to thinking with all the rain around it would be soft. I regretted backing some soft ground animals and 3 did not run (two injured). Which is why the number of 14 is so high.

The ones I did back included 4 bets on Neptunes Collonges (not just the one 2 pointer), for which TAK has obviously not forgiven me. :lol: Am sure if Dawn Approach wins he’ll be telling us all how many times he’d backed it so here’s mine.

8 points @ 35/1, 2 @ 33/1, 2 @ 54/1 and 10 @ 8.6/1 for the place.

I also advised on the day that anyone thinking of having just

one bet

should only back Neptune Collonges and it was up to them whether it should be win only or each way.

"Options are:
    Backing Neptune Collonges win only.
    Backing Neptune Collonges each way.
    Backing Neptune Collonges and Organisedconfusion win only.
    Backing Neptune Collonges and Organisedconfusion each way.

At 27/1 and 54/1 Organisedconfusion and Neptune Collonges would be a combined price of around 18/1.
    Backing all 8 runners would be around 3/1 combined price.
    However, I’d recommend splitting your total stake in to 100 and having: (Isn’t to be counted in my thread as already backed antepost).

20% @ 54/1 Neptune Collonges +1000 points
    17% points @ 28/1 Organisedconfusion +376
    11% points @ 49/1 Always Right +450
    7% points @ 54/1 Black Apalachi +285
    6% points @ 169/1 Midnight Haze +920
    14% points @ 19/1 Cappa Bleu +180
    14% points @ 15/1 Ballabriggs +124
    11% points @ 21/1 Becauseicouldntsee +142"

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 919 through 935 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.