The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 902 through 918 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    GDC
    • Total Posts 939

I’m off to wetherby tomoz, any fancies?

• Total Posts 1533

I’m aiming to be there for 12.30 Gord – want to get a good look at Morpheus who runs in the first. See you there!

The new Frankel? Sincerely doubt it but if he can beat Tawhid I think they’d be over the moon.

Tawhhid’s form when 2nd to the very talented looking So Beloved is rock solid form IMO

Bring us back a piccy and have a great day out guys

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Cheers Fist,Its a lovely day although it Rained all night,I’m setting off to meet ‘Mother Hen’ shortly! :lol: GDC I’ll be keeping an eye on the ‘Radfords’

L’Eldorado

this season,he’s a progressive sort who could turn out to be a useful Handicapper and runs in the 2,50pm today! Have a good day mate!

• Total Posts 1533

Looked as green as a cucumber Gord but showed enough to say he’ll definitely will win races next season.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

[attachment=0:3w3vadfz]21esw29.jpg[/attachment:3w3vadfz]

The Mutual Respect Society met at Nottingham today,’Frankels’ Jockey and ‘Frankels’ biggest fan! I felt like a Gooseberry! :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Nice pic, good day out I presume? :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Nice pic, good day out I presume? :)

Lovely day Tommy thanks,if Joni mentioned that bloody ‘Frankel’ once he mentioned him a 1000 times!! :roll: Funnily enough as we were leaving the restaurant and I was slagging ‘Lord Grim’ off for not being at Nottingham when

Kind

won our 6f conditions race………..Who should open the door for us?? Lord bloody Grim himself,I the proceeded to make a proper T*at of myself by telling him just that!! :oops: :oops: His reply was "I certainly was there"!! :lol: :lol: Poor Joni was cringeing!! :oops: :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

[attachment=0:3ftzmjqc]b6ee6s (1).jpg[/attachment:3ftzmjqc]

Just look at him all over her!! I felt like a Gooseberry again! :lol: :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m aiming to be there for 12.30 Gord – want to get a good look at Morpheus who runs in the first. See you there!

The weather is predicted to be dry and Sunny Joni,touch wood that it is!As its your first visit to The legend that is TAPK’s local track I’ll treat you to a fine lunch with Champers.This

Morpheus

could go off Odds against which is typical for a ‘Henry Hotpot’ at Nottingham so fingers crossed at least if he does get beat his

First Mohican

is regarded as a good thing at 6/4 on the card.I’ll take a Camera so you can have your picture taken with Hayley if you like! :lol:

[attachment=0:g29vbx51]28hpn48.jpg[/attachment:g29vbx51]

The ‘Good Thing’ romps in!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Looked as green as a cucumber Gord but showed enough to say he’ll definitely will win races next season.

[attachment=0:1aueafdq]nfodv6.jpg[/attachment:1aueafdq]

The jurys still out on this

Morpheus

,Teddy Grim clearly blamed the ground and it was as soft as I have ever seen it in 30 yrs of supporting the countrys greatest Racecourse,he looked a picture in the Paddock,as did quite a few mind but I certainly wouldn’t right this fellow off just yet.His breeding shouts drop him back in trip,his looks are those who will get a 11/2m imo! :?

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

I hope you haven’t lost your mojo permanently, Gord. I need you to get it back for this jump season. The more strings I have to my bow, the better.

And don’t take too much notice of Ginge just now. I believe he’s having a crisis of Faith… Isn’t that right, Ginge?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Good pics Gord, cheers!

Cheers Bobby,You wont believe this but its true…The Missus came home from Work this evening and asked if I’d had a busy day at Work,"Oh yes Sweetheart,Busy one!!..Yourself?"
    I replied. Obviously I had ‘Sneaked’ down to Nottingham races and hadn’t told her. Anyway I’m chatting to ‘Joni’ around the Paddock and said to him I’d never seen the Blonde interviewing Tom Queally before,he replied maybe its a local Camera Crew just Filming,I never thought anymore about it………..The local news comes on at 6,25pm and there’s a piece about ‘Frankel’,lots of footage etc,the penny still hadn’t dropped though,next thing they show the interview with Tom and start discussing ‘Frankels’ half brother making his debut today…….The Camera pans round and guess who’s stood there clear as day………Me and Joni,my Missus looks up from her dinner as the Racing theme has grabbed her attention,I’m choking on me Fish Finger and she says "I’m surprised you weren’t there today" "Er,Geez I never realised it was on" Says I,like only a Fox could,they show the end of the race and comment about how

Morpheus

will make a better 3yo and again the Camera clocks us,this time Joni’s on his phone and I’m on the other side of him so cant be seen,Geezus Christ I’m thinking back to the time She caught me on camera at Catterick races when I should have been having a nightmare journey back from Scotland! :shock: The Moral of this Story is Cover Yo A*s if You’re going to be naughty!! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I hope you haven’t lost your mojo permanently, Gord. I need you to get it back for this jump season. The more strings I have to my bow, the better.

And don’t take too much notice of Ginge just now. I believe he’s having a crisis of Faith… Isn’t that right, Ginge?

Cheers Grimes,whats the saying about "Form is temporary,Class is Permanent"……….If

Grand Crus

turns up for the ‘Paddy Power’ then 5/1 is Xmas! :wink:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Good pics Gord, cheers!

Cheers Bobby,You wont believe this but its true…The Missus came home from Work this evening and asked if I’d had a busy day at Work,"Oh yes Sweetheart,Busy one!!..Yourself?"
    I replied. Obviously I had ‘Sneaked’ down to Nottingham races and hadn’t told her. Anyway I’m chatting to ‘Joni’ around the Paddock and said to him I’d never seen the Blonde interviewing Tom Queally before,he replied maybe its a local Camera Crew just Filming,I never thought anymore about it………..The local news comes on at 6,25pm and there’s a piece about ‘Frankel’,lots of footage etc,the penny still hadn’t dropped though,next thing they show the interview with Tom and start discussing ‘Frankels’ half brother making his debut today…….The Camera pans round and guess who’s stood there clear as day………Me and Joni,my Missus looks up from her dinner as the Racing theme has grabbed her attention,I’m choking on me Fish Finger and she says "I’m surprised you weren’t there today" "Er,Geez I never realised it was on" Says I,like only a Fox could,they show the end of the race and comment about how

Morpheus

will make a better 3yo and again the Camera clocks us,this time Joni’s on his phone and I’m on the other side of him so cant be seen,Geezus Christ I’m thinking back to the time She caught me on camera at Catterick races when I should have been having a nightmare journey back from Scotland! :shock: The Moral of this Story is Cover Yo A*s if You’re going to be naughty!! :lol:

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: Hilarious!!! I so want to show my boy that photo of Daddy with Frankel’s jock but my missus thought I was working too!

Loved the day Gord and thanks for your hospitatlity. I think we might have seen a good horse or two. That

Zeyran

travelled like a good’un before running out of puff and I also liked

Personable

in the first.

First Mohican

must have a squeak if he runs in the Nov handicap and it stays soft. I liked the track too mate!

Hope you got on that

Dr Yes

at Lingfield – he is a horse to follow at a higher level next year.

What is the opposite of a Rain Dance – I need to do one now as it is slating it down in London again and I so don’t want my poor old horse to be running in a bog on Saturday!!

By the way – for all his huff, puff and bluster you couldnt meet a nicer guy than TAPK – even though he is more embarrassing than my DAD!! He has NO fear! First it was Lord Grimthorpe – chatting to him as if he had known him all his life and basically calling him a liar. Then it was Tom Queally, insisting that I stand next to him for a photo and telling him I was Frankel’s number 1 fan. Then he absolutely HOUNDED poor old Hayley for a photo with me. She turned him down first time but he stalked her til she eventually gave in. If THAT wasn’t enough he then squared up to Mr Araci, the owner of Zeyran, and told him not to worry because his horse would win next time out on better ground and blah blah blah before realising the poor b*stard didn’t speak a feckin word of English. I felt like I was 15 again!!!!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

If THAT wasn’t enough he then squared up to Mr Araci, the owner of Zeyran, and told him not to worry because his horse would win next time out on better ground and blah blah blah before realising the poor b*stard didn’t speak a feckin word of English. I felt like I was 15 again!!!!

:lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: :lol: You B*stard I’ve just let out the loudest laugh possible and my Missus sat across from me says "Whats so funny"? Obviously I cant say its the above so I say "Just something I read".."Show me" she says……..So quick as a flash I flick over to ‘Gingers’ thread and show her his percentages and S*it………"Thats not funny" she responds…….."Aw it is to me Sweetheart…….Hilarious" I reply quick as a flash…..Phew that was close!! :shock:

MrUnoHugh
    • Total Posts 146

How much did you two lose on the day?

Oasisdreamer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 305

Mr U,

I shouldn’t bite but…….

A day at the races with friends CAN be more enjoyable than financial gain. You ever experienced that?

Viewing 17 posts - 902 through 918 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.