The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 885 through 901 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I have already said I thought Dawn Approach looked deeply unimpressive and the more you watch it the more average it looks. He only wins the Guineas if it is an even worse year than this one. But as for your contention that he is the next great thing – sorry – he aint! I also don’t buy this "oh he was green" rubbish. He was the first 2 year old to run all season. Has run 6 times ffs! Green?!! That is just another way of saying he was not very good today.

Strong words dear boy but again I use the quote ‘You aint TAPK’ Its not a phrase I like using but in the context of this race you’ll find it quite appropriate! Its well documented on here that I target certain races the ‘Supreme’ over the jumps and the ‘Coventry’ on the flat and I’ve always maintained that they both throw future Champions.The 07 renewal of the latter saw

Henrythenavigator

victorious on only his second outing as a 2yo,I saw the 08 2000gns winner that day and took the somewhat measly 10/1 on offer,he ran twice more that season on ground he hated in ‘The Phoenix’and then ‘The Futurity’ and was beaten in both by a Jim Bolger horse,in the latter it was none other than

New Approach

,’Henrythenavigator’ was put away for the winter.Come the spring the O’brien talking horse had superceded him in the 2000gns,a horse called

Jupitor Pluvious

,there was even talk of ‘Henry’ not running! :roll: A week before the race 25/1 was freely available about ‘Henry’ and I still filled my boots as I was confident he had the beating of ‘New Approach’ on better ground,he was very well backed a couple of days before the race itself and his price halved,he got the better of a sustained battle with ‘New Approach’ and won by a nostril at 10/1,a price that still amazes me to this day! ‘New Approach’ himself was making his mark as a serious 2yo when ‘Henry’ had called it a day and susequently went on to land the 2 most important 2yo Group 1’s either side of the Irish Sea,I suggest you watch how ‘New approach’ won both Joni,neither with panache but both with guts and a willingness to win,his Dewhurst win was arguably worse than his sons! :wink: I knew all winter that ‘New Approach’ was the horse to beat in the following seasons 2000gns and he was!! I was ‘Lucky’ to turn up heads in a heads and tails bet! Of course what I saw from the 2000gns result was a miler against a Derby horse,I was on at 10/1 ‘New Approach’ for that and had torn my Ante-Post
    vouchers up several times before I witnessed for the first time ever a horse refuse to settle for the majority of the Derby and still win.My point after all this waffle is

Dawn Approach

is so much like his sire in every way that I can see him doing the Guineas/Derby double,he’ll certainly redeem his Fathers defeat at Newmarket and thats why Jim Bolger has been allowed to keep him,it hurt Jim losing the 2000gns and this fellow was bred to make up for it.Mark my words the ‘Dawn Approach’ we saw on Saturday was out for a gallop,his form through his stablemate ‘Leitir Mor’ proves that! 5/1 is still a generous price in this judges opinion
    but so too is the 33/1 about

Cristoforo Colombo

,this son of ‘Henry’ could still come back to haunt them! :shock: :shock: :shock:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord and ginge any thoughts on champions day i like as follows

SADDLERS ROCK
    WAS
    SOCIETY ROCK
    CIRRUS DES AIGLES

• Total Posts 1533

Those are lays Darren?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

SADDLERS ROCK

WAS

SOCIETY ROCK

CIRRUS DES AIGLES

I like how I get a Big ‘G’ and Softie gets a little ‘g’ Darren! :lol:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

SADDLERS ROCK

WAS

SOCIETY ROCK

CIRRUS DES AIGLES

I like how I get a Big ‘G’ and Softie gets a little ‘g’ Darren! :lol:

Darren and Gord – do you realise Frankel is running? You know Frankel….that horse that never gets beaten. According to you two he doesnt make the frame! :roll:

Gord I am used to but Darren – I thought the penny might have dropped by now.

FWIW my big three for the day:

Great Heavens
    Cityscape
    The Greatest Horse of All Time

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I wonder if any REAL racing fans are going to turn up at Nottingham,the greatset course in the Country on Wednesday to see
    another Wonder horse make his debut in the first,he’s well related apparently,I personally met his Mother too! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"The Ante-Post King":fuhjy449 wrote:

Early days I know and this

Dawn Approach

is having his 3rd run as a 2yo already but I liked the improvement from his 1st run to his 2nd run when beating ‘Canary Row’, I put it down to the fact that the step up to 6f from 5f played to his strengths,a further step up to 7f will come and again he’ll improve for it,more than that though this ‘New Approach’ colt has a robust physique,a lot like his Sire,he ran with the choke out again like his Dad but he also has masses of scope just like ‘New approach’,I dont like going in early,

Henrythenavigator

was the earliest I’ve done a 2000gns colt just before the Coventry at 33/1 but this fellow is only 20/1 now and he’ll go 14/1 after todays demolition at Naas.The Dewhurst is obviously the target for this year,then the Guineas,if Jim says he’s not a Derby horse darren,I suggest taking a price now then! :lol: We all know what Sneaky Jims like!

Dawn Approach

£150 e/w 20/1 Bet365 2013 2000 Gns.

‘Softie Ginge’ When you can assess a horse like me I’ll calm my split personality down too! :lol: The above post was written back at the end of May………King of Aftertiming me eh!! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m a great one for letting the Dust settle……..and then jumping in again and that is exactly what I have done regarding this

Dawn Approach

.Having called into my local Ladbrokes again this morning I see they still offer a massive 16/1 about this Mini-me of his sire ‘New Approach’,whereas ‘Stan James’ go a very mean 6/1,I dont ever recall Ladbrokes being so far off the mark..Ever!They did go 6/1 about ‘Camelot’ when everyone else went 3/1 so it wont be the first time they are off the mark but 16/1 about a genuine 10/1 shot is just too big So in I went again,No problem! Strange but True! :shock:

Dawn Approach

£200 e/w 16/1 Ladbrokes 2013 2000gns.

‘Ginge Softie’ This is how you use ‘Foresight’ to accompany a natural flair for writing……Watch and learn!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Oh Woopy do. The Aftertiming King has put up a 25/1 shot who’s now 5/1. Just a shame that "foresight" hasn’t picked more than two winners on the entire thread, over 60 horses backed and only two winners at prices of 11/2 and 6/1. At now over

:P

Mon Jul 16, 2012 1:55 pm
    After saying no more bets until Friday…

2013 1000 Guineas
    20 points @ 25/1 (WH) Certify*

Impressive on debut in a Newmarket maiden last week in an excellent time.

Of course some people don’t have the confidence to go win only. :mrgreen:

Not quite up to your "May" foresight TAK. It was July and she’s still available at 8/1. Not that I’d back her at that price now, I recognise when a horse is value and not value. :wink:

However, some of us don’t like to

go on and on and on

about one horse we’ve got who’s a lot shorter now. Then again, some of us have a lot more winners/profit on our cv, so don’t need to. :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Oh Woopy do. The Aftertiming King has put up a 25/1 shot who’s now 5/1. Just a shame that "foresight" hasn’t picked more than two winners on the entire thread,

Ginge,you silly old Saus……I mean Carrot,read the words closely and feel the passion the power of the prose and the accuracy of the content………Nah its like trying to convert a convertable!! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Oh silly me, people read your thread for the "accuracy". 2 winners in 60 odd,

:lol:

Value Is Everything
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

To Hurdy and Joni i don’t like going with short price favs yes FRANKEL may win well but it be his toughest race yet. he face group one horses over a 1m2.And horses that have Ascot form like him as well

Gord i notice that RIDASIYNA is still in champions stakes vs FRANKEL i find it intresting as she would win the filly race at 1m4. but trainer is sticking her in with the colts.I think she needs a few more horses in there as i agree with Nick Mordin that this horse needs a big field to see her at her best.

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

I wonder if any REAL racing fans are going to turn up at Nottingham,the greatset course in the Country on Wednesday to see
    another Wonder horse make his debut in the first,he’s well related apparently,I personally met his Mother too! :wink:

Oh Gawd…….b*gger, those dots again….

Nottingham racecourse – the greatest, you do need to get out more, and i think it could be somewhat dangerous to admit to taking a racehorse from behind on here – at least i presume that`s how you met the mother.

• Total Posts 1533

I think I’ve been there twice and it is a very fair track First time I think Gay Brief won on the card and the second time Nicky Henderson’s Classified who went on to win a big race at Ascot was beaten in a photo by a horse called Tepylon in a Haig Whisky hurdle qualifier…Used to attract some big names……changed days?

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Agreed, it is a fair track and one that trainers do like to send maidens to for their first experience of a racecourse,i found it pleasant enough but would not reach my list of top 10 favourite courses to attend though.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I’m aiming to be there for 12.30 Gord – want to get a good look at Morpheus who runs in the first. See you there!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m aiming to be there for 12.30 Gord – want to get a good look at Morpheus who runs in the first. See you there!

The weather is predicted to be dry and Sunny Joni,touch wood that it is!As its your first visit to The legend that is TAPK’s local track I’ll treat you to a fine lunch with Champers.This

Morpheus

could go off Odds against which is typical for a ‘Henry Hotpot’ at Nottingham so fingers crossed at least if he does get beat his

First Mohican

is regarded as a good thing at 6/4 on the card.I’ll take a Camera so you can have your picture taken with Hayley if you like! :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 885 through 901 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.