The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

• This topic has 2,436 replies, 47 voices, and was last updated 11 years ago by Gdc1.
Viewing 17 posts - 460 through 476 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8249

Yes, it was declared a non-runner not long after my post. I just had a scan of the Betfair market; Fitz Flyer has been the most heavily traded runner by quite some margin with Signeur 2nd in the matched stakes. I must confess I am a bit concerned about the going as I have no idea how much rain they have had there today, if it proves too slow for him I hope he is not given too enterprising a ride in order to preserve or lower his handicap mark.

Signeur looks like he could go in again soon. Thought we had a forecast there for a moment. Happy with my horse’s run at the price he was, looked like the high draws had slightly the better of it.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

• Total Posts 614

I hope yer old man is progressing well Gordon. The thoughts of everyone on TRF and readers of your threads and posts are with you.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31416

Best wishes to you father Gord.

You can rest assured that your kingdom here is being guarded well and any unwelcome attacks on this thread and the perpetrator will be put in the dungeon along with Mr Wilson and Armchair Jockey. :mrgreen:

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 8697

I consider all the above contributors as friends of mine on here and very much appreciate all your support in what is certainly a testing time in my life.Being the King of confidence is a mantle I have put on myself since I joined this amazing forum and its a way of life for me,I believe a positive attitude is a must in order to get through your everyday life and I try to maintain those thoughts!
    Its easy to be Mr confident in my posts on here regarding Horseracing as I accept losing is all part of the game,I dont give a monkeys that I can put up Losers with the best of them as I know I can deliver winners too but thats me I tell it as it is mostly with a sense of humour!…………….Trouble is my sense of humours gone astray somewhere at the moment as not only is my Father going through the unpleasant treatment for Lung Cancer but my dear Mother took a bloody overdose at the start of the week through depression and has ended up in the psychiatric ward of the Derby Royal Hospital,such is life eh? :roll: At least my pal

Inxile

did the business at 5/1! Incredibly well weighted,in fact he was 10lb better off with ‘Nocturnal affair’ on their Meydan running when the latter beat him 2 lengths! Onwards and upwards and that! :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 31913

:shock:
    Feel for you Gord.
    Hope both your parents recover. I did put "soon", but I guess it’s going to be a long process.

Be thinking of you.
    Mark

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

How awful Gord. Thinking of you mate.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Stay strong Gord, testing times indeed, wish you all the best.

Jimmy

GDC
    • Total Posts 939

Damn and blast, there isn’t a lot we can say mate but fingers crossed for a good ending :-)

Try to keep smiling dude, all our thoughts are with you

Participant
    • Total Posts 8697

Funny thing but I’ve always wanted to visit Deauville to watch a Prix Jaques le Marois as its a race thats always appealed to me,I’m sure it goes back to the days of

Miesque

v

Warning

2 horses I held in the highest regard anyway todays renewal is as good as I’ve seen in a long time,

Elusive Kates

done me proud recently and again I expect a place from her,’Moonlight Cloud’ will fill the other place imo.The favourite ‘Excelebration’ will certainly benefit from having No ‘Frankel’ to chase home but I just cant let the Chestnut beast called

Cityscape

go without taking the 12/1,I’m sure he’ll be double that on the Pari mutual so I’ll have some of that too,this 1m trip is definately the perfect distance for Roger Charltons horse and I cant see him not placing either,its going to be a cracker!

Cityscape

£150 e/w 12/1 Bet365 Prix jaques le Marois

£5400

Participant
    • Total Posts 8697

Its well documented on here that my idea of the 2013 2000gns winner is

Dawn Approach

,he ticks every box and more in my world but I do have the utmost respect for this

Cristoforo Colombo

the only 2 boxes he fails to tick is Soft ground and that he was beaten by the Bolger colt fair and square at Royal Ascot although that didn’t put me off his sire reversing his defeat at the hands of Dawn Approachs Sire mind and come Newmarket in March these 2 will head the betting,Ladbrokes have been regularly relieved of the 33/1 in recent months and that has now turned to a realistic 16/1,that will turn to 12’s after todays victory this afternoon at the Curragh,he’s got too much speed for the talkin horse ‘Mars’ so I wouldn’t be in any rush to take the 12/1 about him for the Guineas either,No I’m quietly confident my 20/1 about

Dawn Approach

and 33/1 about

Cristoforo Colombo

will see them enter winter quarters as the 4/1 and 5/1 first and second favs for the first Classic of 2013,finger crossed for a big run today.

Cristoforo Colombo

£50 e/w 20/1 Bet365 2000gns 2013.

£5500

Participant
    • Total Posts 31913

Funny thing but I’ve always wanted to visit Deauville to watch a Prix Jaques le Marois as its a race thats always appealed to me,I’m sure it goes back to the days of

Miesque

v

Warning

2 horses I held in the highest regard anyway todays renewal is as good as I’ve seen in a long time,

Elusive Kates

done me proud recently and again I expect a place from her,’Moonlight Cloud’ will fill the other place imo.The favourite ‘Excelebration’ will certainly benefit from having No ‘Frankel’ to chase home but I just cant let the Chestnut beast called

Cityscape

go without taking the 12/1,I’m sure he’ll be double that on the Pari mutual so I’ll have some of that too,this 1m trip is definately the perfect distance for Roger Charltons horse and I cant see him not placing either,its going to be a cracker!

Cityscape

£150 e/w 12/1 Bet365 Prix jaques le Marois

Cityscape

is my main bet too Gord. Looked the winner two out in the Eclipse, just didn’t get home. At the moment the Meydan form is a stand out performance, but at the prices is worth taking that chance. Stable in cracking form too.

Excelebration

has the best form and is a lot better than the Queen Anne suggests. However, even with chasing Frankel am not entirely convinced was the only reason for a poor run. I’ve saved on him.
    If

Moonlight Cloud

stays a mile will be difficult to beat, but will she? By one of the biggest speed influences around in Invincible Spirit. She has a wonderful record with give in the ground, but it will also place an emphasis on stamina.

Most Improved

has improvement in him, but needs to. The St James’s form doesn’t look great.
    My other main bet is improver

Fallen For You

. Impressive in the Coronation on very similar going. Chosen mount of William Buick. 12/1 is too big to ignore.
    Stable companion

Elusive Kate

got beaten by Giofra in the Falmouth on reappearance. Then beat

Golden Lilac

(who isn’t out of this either), but the Gosden horse had the run of the race from the front in a slowly run affair. Possibly flattered, but I’ve saved on her @ 10’s just in case.

Immortal Verse

would stand a great chance at her best of last year, injured since. Needed the race on belated reappearance, though so far below form to suggest will need another run / not as good as in 2011.
    The others don’t look good enough.

Hope Cityscape does the bizz.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 31913

Cityscape 25 on PMU. :shock:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8697

Fair play to ‘Excelebration’ there he certainly deserved that victory,I said at the start of the season he was a 130 miler and that performance just about confirms he’s not far off it,

Cityscape

did me proud yet again and there’s still a big Group 1 in him,those who backed ‘Moonlight Cloud’ should understandably feel robbed mind!
    I see there’s been rain at the Curragh so I wont be backing

Cristoforo Colombo

at 11/8 on Soft ground in a million years,if he does get beat I wouldn’t worry in the slightest as he really is a different colt on faster ground….Just like his Dad,2 peas this pair!
    Well done Ginge for covering yo Ass,you know how to make a profit mate with numbers thats for sure! :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8697

Having studied the Art of ‘Tae Kwon Do’ myself it has to be my highlight of the Olympics seeing

Lutalu Muhammud

achieving Bronze in this now popular Martial Art,had

Aaron Cook

competed I have no doubt he would have won Gold,he’s a good Ante-Post bet for Brazil in 4 years time!! :lol: What lets the most destructive form of Combat down in the Olympics is the fact that combatants cant use their Hands/Fists/Elbows as forms of attack but it still requires good legwork to score. History shows that this Korean art of Combat was invented by General Choi Hong Hi irrespective of what other organisations say,he then taught his prodigal son Master Ki ha Rhee now 9th dan who taught me,to this day I feel honoured to have such direct ancestry to this now world famous Martial art.Our organisation was known as the UKTA,splinter groups left after achieving their own Black Belts and formed a watered down version known as the TAGB,our own Tenets, Courtesy,Integrity,Perseverance,Self control,Indomitable spirit stood us in good stead as the Art became World Famous culminating in its entry to the world stage albeit an innovative version through the Seoul Olympics of 1988.Part of our own training consisted the need to learn every move in Korean in fact even counting was done in the native tongue, when we sparred we wore Gloves and Footpads and as you progressed through the years you were expected to spar against 2 and sometimes 3 opponents at any one time after 5 minutes of fighting 3 lesser graded students it seemed an absolute doddle to go one on one so of course those that fancied landing the odd Haymaker on a Drunken Friday night out were easy pickings! When we did our stretching excercises we had to wrap our belts around our partners waist open our legs as wide as posiible whilst sitting upright on the floor and push each others ankles out with our own whilst pulling the belt in as tight as you could,it took 2 months for us to get down in the Box split position! :shock: Nowadays in this mamby pamby culture of blame society we wouldn’t last 5 minutes teaching youngsters the ‘Real’ way,Broken ribs and toes and breaking Bricks were the norm back then,if that happened nowadays Daddy would sue,there would be an insurance claim going in every night! ‘The times they are a changin’ but at least we still saw some good contact sport at this Greatest ever Olympics to match our incredible Olympians in every other event! Makes you proud to be British………For a change!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8697

I dont honestly know if

Cristoforo Colombo

would have won yesterday had he not fallen a furlong out,the ground could have caught him out in the closing stages but from where I was sitting he still had a bit in hand,we’ll never know.What surprises me though is the fact that some Bookmakers have pushed him out in the betting for the 2000gns,as far as I know he escaped relatively unscathed,well physically so anyway the question will be answered as to his mental wellbeing when he races again,not what you want to see a 2yo do at such a tender age.Of course me being me believes something like that will make him a tougher colt and to see he has now drifted from 20/1 to 25/1 because of his fall only convinces me he is still Aidens number 1 Guineas horse,of course if either ‘Mars’ or ‘The United States’ runs away with the Racing Post Trophy people will question the pecking order but I’ve taken to this son of ‘Henry’ and wont be swayed into changing my opinion of him.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7665

Gord just to wish your dad gets better i do.

Since you been gone gord a few things i like to get your thoughts on
    what you think of THE FUGUE in nassau stakes. I thought she was a impressive winner also a few people say 1m2 is her best trip rather than a 1m4. but with the lack of top 3yo middle distance horses i think she do well in the arc. when you think of record that 3yos have in it what you say and with Gosden running more than one horse in last few big races. would not shock me on good ground come on the day of arc she could be there with NATHANIEL.

Any thoughts on the Nunthorpe as well i know you mention win by Inixile last week but for me the 2nd NOCTURNAL AFFAIR Could win the big race at York.6 weeks ago got a tweet back from David Marane when i asked about this horse he said he use tipperary as a prep race with nunthorpe main race.So i think NA was 70percent last week on ground he hated will put him spot on for this race now and with the race always run fast they go mad up front this hold up horse can finish very well.And if you look at past nunthorpe winners they been horses who won group one races in the nunthorpe.Don’t think
    Sole Power,Margot Did won group one races before there nunthorpe wins.25/1 he is

And heard rumours that MARS will take on DAWN APPROACH in Futurity stakes gord so could see the current faves for derby and 2000 guineas clash.In the end Gord i see MARS as number one horse for AOB 2000 next year.With AFONSO DE SOUSA a decent 2nd string on fast ground.

Grimes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1889

Having studied the Art of ‘Tae Kwon Do’ myself it has to be my highlight of the Olympics seeing

Lutalu Muhammud

achieving Bronze in this now popular Martial Art,had

Aaron Cook

competed I have no doubt he would have won Gold,he’s a good Ante-Post bet for Brazil in 4 years time!! :lol: What lets the most destructive form of Combat down in the Olympics is the fact that combatants cant use their Hands/Fists/Elbows as forms of attack but it still requires good legwork to score. History shows that this Korean art of Combat was invented by General Choi Hong Hi irrespective of what other organisations say,he then taught his prodigal son Master Ki ha Rhee now 9th dan who taught me,to this day I feel honoured to have such direct ancestry to this now world famous Martial art.Our organisation was known as the UKTA,splinter groups left after achieving their own Black Belts and formed a watered down version known as the TAGB,our own Tenets, Courtesy,Integrity,Perseverance,Self control,Indomitable spirit stood us in good stead as the Art became World Famous culminating in its entry to the world stage albeit an innovative version through the Seoul Olympics of 1988.Part of our own training consisted the need to learn every move in Korean in fact even counting was done in the native tongue, when we sparred we wore Gloves and Footpads and as you progressed through the years you were expected to spar against 2 and sometimes 3 opponents at any one time after 5 minutes of fighting 3 lesser graded students it seemed an absolute doddle to go one on one so of course those that fancied landing the odd Haymaker on a Drunken Friday night out were easy pickings! When we did our stretching excercises we had to wrap our belts around our partners waist open our legs as wide as posiible whilst sitting upright on the floor and push each others ankles out with our own whilst pulling the belt in as tight as you could,it took 2 months for us to get down in the Box split position! :shock: Nowadays in this mamby pamby culture of blame society we wouldn’t last 5 minutes teaching youngsters the ‘Real’ way,Broken ribs and toes and breaking Bricks were the norm back then,if that happened nowadays Daddy would sue,there would be an insurance claim going in every night! ‘The times they are a changin’ but at least we still saw some good contact sport at this Greatest ever Olympics to match our incredible Olympians in every other event! Makes you proud to be British………For a change!

I always thought there was something of the ninja about you, Gord.

Strange how bad things tend to come in series. I hope you get better news on both fronts, mate, as regards your Mum and Dad. Thank goodness racing can take us out of ourselves for a while.

Viewing 17 posts - 460 through 476 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.