The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 2,415 through 2,431 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

This is how TAPK relaxes after battle,I’ve been luring this little fellow to my Garden for 2 years now! He will feed from the hand of GOrD! :lol:

[attachment=0:1pfa7voy]dsc03100ti.jpg[/attachment:1pfa7voy]

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Early thoughts on the Dash? :-)

Yes Gary you know the horse,he’s thrown in and at 16/1 is just to big,he handles the course and granted a good draw will run a big race! Wind the Clock back 2 years and we’ll hopefully be celebrating again.You guys from the Garrison down there again this year Captain? :wink:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Yes mate and counting the days :-) chuffed they are allowing DA to take in the Derby, the 12s about Gns/Derby double is looking a nice bet now :-)

I was considering him but he hasn’t ran well for a while, I like La Fortunata and Fair View who is trained on the course!

• Total Posts 614

Gordon, that Robin looks pissed off at you copying his hair style on Saturday.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

‘Intense Focus’ on the Great mans face as he and his Wife head towards the parade ring.

[attachment=0:2ab5i942]dsc02902i.jpg[/attachment:2ab5i942]

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gordon, that Robin looks pissed off at you copying his hair style on Saturday.

Yeh I was having a bad hair day Graeme,that bloody clip Nath posted from the TV does not do my natural Good looks justice! :lol: Incidentally Nath can you still see that footage on the computer,I haven’t even seen it myself,If I had gone with the intention of coming in with the Winner I’d have recorded it! I’ve had some stick from my family in Scotland! I could try an ‘Anthony Knott’ at Epsom and do a ‘Frankie’ in the winners enclosure before being wrestled to the ground by security……….Umm there’s a thought,I could wear a pair of Paddy Power Pants over me Trousers too…..and a Ginger Wig!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord you see any racing today let me know your thoughts on NOCTURN at Windsor not only was it my 1st winner of my new tipping thread on here you can visit there you can.But i think after you see it you be calling him the Defy Logic horse on the flat. he done everything wrong but still showed guts to win and a fair way from the 3rd horse too.Other winner was a handicap debut horse from the Roger Varain yard.

What you think of performance by MARS when you think that only his 2nd run i thought he did ok more to come as season go on.

More bets at Chester from me.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Also gord had a quick look at entries for 2014 Epsom derby
    Michael Stoute has quite a few Sea The Stars 2yos. you look at entries yet when you do any of them stand out.5 i like are below only had a 5min look i did so not go through all of them.

JUPITER AND MARS
    FREINDSHIP
    FOUR CARAT
    JUVINILE LEAD
    JONE DE CHAMPS

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Also gord had a quick look at entries for 2014 Epsom derby
    Michael Stoute has quite a few Sea The Stars 2yos. you look at entries yet when you do any of them stand out.5 i like are below only had a 5min look i did so not go through all of them.

JUPITER AND MARS
    FREINDSHIP
    FOUR CARAT
    JUVINILE LEAD
    JONE DE CHAMPS

The one horse I have already got down in my own list of 2yo’s to look out for is this

Juvenile Lead

,he’s a Stoute horse and son of ‘Sea the Stars’,he’s a Chestnut Colt Grandson of a stamina influenced Sire who was once trained by the Great Vincent O’Brien in

Caerleon

,The 2 Coolmore horses dont jump out at me on breeding Darren as they all seem to be bloody Montjeus or Galileos!! :lol: ,John Oxx’s

Jupiter and Mars

will be one to look out for in all the right Irish races as he too looks the sort who can get a trip bred again by ‘Sea the Stars’ out of a ‘Reference Point’ mare………….Derby sort perhaps? :lol:‘Jone des champs’ wouldn’t look out of place in an Ascot gold cup either!!
    Just keep an eye out for

Dawn approachs

Full sister! 66/1 before the 2000gns but only 33/1 now for next years 1000gns,well thats to me anyway! :shock:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Darren and Gord: big race tomorrow then, who wins the Chester Cup?

I’ve gone for 2:

Olympian to win
    Very Good Day EW

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gary,I cant go past

Simenon

myself but I do keep asking the question…….Can he give a Stone and a bad draw away to a very versatile horse in

Countrywide Flame

??
    Good luck all the same.

• Total Posts 1217

Will be tough for Simenon off top weight, CF has a lot going for him but the ground will be very lively and theres a nagging doubt he could get a bit outpaced…investissement has a chance back on the flat and better ground, his Ebor third a few years ago is decent form but has an inexperienced jock on board. Address Unknown has his first run for Richard Fahey and is one who’s certain to appreciate the fast ground…I might go for him and CF as Hugh Taylor has tipped him and I tend to follow him!

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Can’t have Simenon with his current hurdles form and I agree despite CF appearing to be thrown in the ground could prove too fast for him

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Here`s a little more fat to be chewed over – Tom Segals view:-

Pricewise

Gatepost just what
    the doctor ordered

CHESTER has become synonymous with Dr Marwan Koukash and he always makes it clear to his trainers that his horses must be primed to the minute every time there is a meeting on the Roodeee, writes Tom Segal.

Today he has eight runners on the card, including four in
    the Chester Cup, but the one I want to back is Gatepost in
    the Stellar Group Handicap (3.15).

At first glance you would think five furlongs around Chester, on what promises to be quickish ground, might see him run off his feet early on as he hasn’t run over the trip since his juvenile days, but he showed plenty of pace in some of the better sprint handicaps last season and dropping him in just off the pace over the minimum might be his ideal way of running these days.

Stall four looks good for Gatepost and in Richard Fahey and Jamie Spencer you couldn’t have two better men on your side in a race like this. At 7-1 Gatepost will do for me.

Gatepost was going to be the only selection in the race until the prices came in and I saw Captain Dunne was available at double figures. He’s eight now but is still capable of useful form and he was second in this race off a 9lb higher mark two years ago. If he hits the traps running I think he will be able to get the lead on the rail and that is always a big advantage at this track over five furlongs.

Obviously the worry is whether Tim Easterby’s gelding will be fully wound up for this reappearance, but his trainer won the race 12 months ago and I have no doubt he will have targeted the race for Captain Dunne.

In the Chester Cup I found it really hard to think outside the box and go against the obvious as the two with the outstanding chances head the market.

Both Countrywide Flame and Justification would appreciate any rain that falls, but both still appear the horses who could be a long way ahead of their handicap marks and the call just has to be Justification at around the 5-1 mark.

The fact Aidan O’Brien kept an 83-rated handicapper in his yard as a five-year-old speaks volumes about the ability he has shown at home and it is surely significant he holds entries in both the Coronation Cup and Ascot Gold Cup.

On his reappearance he must have made up about 25 lengths on the enterprisingly ridden leader in a short space of time and seemed to win with an awful lot in hand.

Justification is up 8lb for that Leopardstown win but I still can’t believe that a mark of 91 is anywhere near his ceiling and, furthermore, he is coming out of stall three and Ryan Moore has chosen him over Simenon, who could be well fancied on last year’s
    Flat form. The track and possibly very fast ground would be unknowns for Justification, but I will be extremely surprised if he’s not very competitive.

If Justification gets held up in traffic, which can always happen around Chester, then Countrywide Flame will be hard to catch from the front.

He made all to win at this track last year, ran really well in the Cesarewitch and has seemingly improved again over hurdles. However, he couldn’t beat Aaim To Prosper despite getting loads of weight at Newmarket and might be biting off more than he can chew with Justification.

Today’s bets

Justification
    2.45 Chester
    1pt win at 6-1 with Hills (5-1 generally)

Justification
    Chester – 14:45

Gatepost
    3.15 Chester
    1pt win at 7-1 Boylesports and Corals

Captain Dunne
    3.15 Chester
    1pt win at 12-1 generally

Captain Dunne
    Chester – 15:15

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Was going to be on MONTASER but horse is a nr so no bet in cup for me at Chester i only like 2horses over next 2days

SECRECT ASSET
    BONFIRE.

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord in my tipping thread you ask if i bet more on ante post well i say now this flat season. i been betting more on horses on making there handicap debuts. i follow horses from Haggas,Noseda,Varain and Lanigan last 2winners in thread were horses making debuts in handicap. one won today who is in same connections as BIOGRAPHER so now i follow these horses more do you keep a eye on handicap debut horses.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Here`s a little more fat to be chewed over – Tom Segals view:-

Pricewise

Gatepost just what
    the doctor ordered

CHESTER has become synonymous with Dr Marwan Koukash and he always makes it clear to his trainers that his horses must be primed to the minute every time there is a meeting on the Roodeee, writes Tom Segal.

Today he has eight runners on the card, including four in
    the Chester Cup, but the one I want to back is Gatepost in
    the Stellar Group Handicap (3.15).

At first glance you would think five furlongs around Chester, on what promises to be quickish ground, might see him run off his feet early on as he hasn’t run over the trip since his juvenile days, but he showed plenty of pace in some of the better sprint handicaps last season and dropping him in just off the pace over the minimum might be his ideal way of running these days.

Stall four looks good for Gatepost and in Richard Fahey and Jamie Spencer you couldn’t have two better men on your side in a race like this. At 7-1 Gatepost will do for me.

Gatepost was going to be the only selection in the race until the prices came in and I saw Captain Dunne was available at double figures. He’s eight now but is still capable of useful form and he was second in this race off a 9lb higher mark two years ago. If he hits the traps running I think he will be able to get the lead on the rail and that is always a big advantage at this track over five furlongs.

Obviously the worry is whether Tim Easterby’s gelding will be fully wound up for this reappearance, but his trainer won the race 12 months ago and I have no doubt he will have targeted the race for Captain Dunne.

In the Chester Cup I found it really hard to think outside the box and go against the obvious as the two with the outstanding chances head the market.

Both Countrywide Flame and Justification would appreciate any rain that falls, but both still appear the horses who could be a long way ahead of their handicap marks and the call just has to be Justification at around the 5-1 mark.

The fact Aidan O’Brien kept an 83-rated handicapper in his yard as a five-year-old speaks volumes about the ability he has shown at home and it is surely significant he holds entries in both the Coronation Cup and Ascot Gold Cup.

On his reappearance he must have made up about 25 lengths on the enterprisingly ridden leader in a short space of time and seemed to win with an awful lot in hand.

Justification is up 8lb for that Leopardstown win but I still can’t believe that a mark of 91 is anywhere near his ceiling and, furthermore, he is coming out of stall three and Ryan Moore has chosen him over Simenon, who could be well fancied on last year’s
    Flat form. The track and possibly very fast ground would be unknowns for Justification, but I will be extremely surprised if he’s not very competitive.

If Justification gets held up in traffic, which can always happen around Chester, then Countrywide Flame will be hard to catch from the front.

I agree with all that softie,I know

Captain Dunne

well of course,he generally needs a run or 2 as he’s a great big brute,a couple of years ago I was at Nottingham to watch him make his seasonal debut and you could hear from the stands the crowd chanting ‘who ate all the Pies’,I think that affected his confidence a bit as he’s lost a helluva weight recently,whatever he does today his target is the Epsom dash…….(Thrown in now)!
    I still think

Simenon

will just saunter round and pick them all up on a course I hate!

Viewing 17 posts - 2,415 through 2,431 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.