The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 2,364 through 2,380 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    • Total Posts 614

Well in Gordon. I did say the over 3 lengths would be a bet, but i didn’t go for it. I like how you buy an expensive camera and pretend to be an official camera man. You mingled in well until you noticed you were entering owners territory and quickly ran off. :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Well done Gord, Dawn Approach did you proud. :)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

I tip my hat to you again Gord, fantastic result.

The pic below is you telling Ginger, Molehorse, bruce savage, all of Equitrack’s clones and the other doubters how the thread will turn from red to blue when the New Dawn Approach’s.

http://fonitonamnon.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/foni.jpg?w=300&h=214

:D

Blackbeard to conquer the World

chalk jockey
    Participant
    • Total Posts 253

I was hoping your luck would change,well done and enjoy it.

If you go to back a certainty always buy a return ticket.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Nathan: hilarious :-)

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

You all missed him. He was on C4 leading the horse in!!! Only Gordio!!!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

I tip my hat to you again Gord, fantastic result.

The pic below is you telling Ginger, Molehorse, bruce savage, all of Equitrack’s clones and the other doubters how the thread will turn from red to blue when the New Dawn Approach’s.

http://fonitonamnon.files.wordpress.com/2010/01/foni.jpg?w=300&h=214

:D

:lol:

Of course I could say "breaking even" on a thread is hardly "foresight" Nathan. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

You are one sad *ucka – even you pathetic jealousy could not possibly take the gloss off this awesome result and it is something you can only dream about!!

Carry on picking 8 or 9 out of a 12 runner race lol

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Just got back from leading my horse in to the winners enclosure and can only say once again Thanks for the support guys it means a lot.When you are as passionate about your horses as me you wear your heart on your sleeve and today I realised I had to be there,300 miles later and I’m home,the Champagne will go down tonight,I have waited a long time for this fellow to deliver and apart from the ‘distraction’ (Toronado) everything went silky smooth during the build up and even smoother during the race,I got an absolute soaking taking my 500 photographs of

My horse

but it was worth it,Walking alongside Kevin and

Dawn Approach

back to the winners enclosure with all the crowd cheering was the Icing on the cake!
    Ginge ‘Breaking Even’??? I’d like to think this thread has just finished with a £5k Profit at least,I’ll do the Maths later! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Just seen it. On at 140 minutes, C4…….. :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 404

Well done. The king is alive 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Just seen it. On at 140 minutes, C4…….. :D

Shame about my Hair Nath,I was soaking wet,You can hear my Mobile ringing (Bloody Jonibake) just as Emma realised it was the legendary TAPK walking alongside her,I declined an interview as I looked like Rab C Nesbitt in the Photo booth advert for them there Cigars! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Here you are mate. Should make a book ‘Where’s Gordon’

http://i44.tinypic.com/okc1g9.jpg

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Sept 15th 2012

TAPK has been very pre-occupied of late but always keeps one eye on his horses and having just seen the ‘Champagne stakes’ there at Doncaster I have topped up on my own selection

Dawn Approach

for the 2000gns at 10/1,the longer the season goes on the more confident I’m getting there’s No 2yo hiding in the wings!

Dawn Approach

£100 e/w 10/1 Betfred 2000gns 2013.

Ginge you want to start doing the Maths? 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Sept 2012

I dont pretend to be a font of knowledge when it comes to making a ’tissue’ for a race,I leave that to the ‘Ginger one’ but I’m pretty deadly at judging what price a horse ‘should’ be for an Ante-Post race and imo

Dawn Approach

‘should’ be the 4/1fav for next years 2000gns,he’s a horse with everything and he showed yet again today the penny still hasn’t actually dropped.When it does he’ll be talked about as the next ‘Triple Crown winner’ as he’ll get a 11/2m no problem next year.Corals have just offered me 100/1 about him doing just that…………to £20! :lol: :lol:

Dawn Approach

£100 e/w 8/1 Ladbrokes 2013 2000gns

I just cant help myself!

Have we turned

:wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Mon,June 4th 2012

Early days I know and this

Dawn Approach

is having his 3rd run as a 2yo already but I liked the improvement from his 1st run to his 2nd run when beating ‘Canary Row’, I put it down to the fact that the step up to 6f from 5f played to his strengths,a further step up to 7f will come and again he’ll improve for it,more than that though this ‘New Approach’ colt has a robust physique,a lot like his Sire,he ran with the choke out again like his Dad but he also has masses of scope just like ‘New approach’,I dont like going in early,

Henrythenavigator

was the earliest I’ve done a 2000gns colt just before the Coventry at 33/1 but this fellow is only 20/1 now and he’ll go 14/1 after todays demolition at Naas.The Dewhurst is obviously the target for this year,then the Guineas,if Jim says he’s not a Derby horse darren,I suggest taking a price now then! :lol: We all know what Sneaky Jims like!

Dawn Approach

£150 e/w 20/1 Bet365 2013 2000 Gns.

This is the sort of post that confirms why I am TAPK,trouble is it means Jack S*it if my horse fails to run,small consolation if he only places but serious credibility if he wins,or ‘Cristoforo’ for that matter! I’ve had 4 major Ante-Post wagers this past year,

First Lieutenant

Gold cup 25/1,I still maintain he would have placed! :twisted:

Darlan

, Champion hurdle 25/1, I still maintain he would have won! :(

My Tent or yours

,Supreme Nov hrdle 20/1,I still maintain we were ROBBED! :twisted: and of course

Dawn Approach

, 2000gns 20/1 I still maintain he’s the best 2yo colt I’ve seen for sometime as for a 3yo………We’ll see Saturday hopefully! 8)

£5909

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Weds June20th 2012

I’m a great one for letting the Dust settle……..and then jumping in again and that is exactly what I have done regarding this

Dawn Approach

.Having called into my local Ladbrokes again this morning I see they still offer a massive 16/1 about this Mini-me of his sire ‘New Approach’,whereas ‘Stan James’ go a very mean 6/1,I dont ever recall Ladbrokes being so far off the mark..Ever!They did go 6/1 about ‘Camelot’ when everyone else went 3/1 so it wont be the first time they are off the mark but 16/1 about a genuine 10/1 shot is just too big So in I went again,No problem! Strange but True! :shock:

Dawn Approach

£200 e/w 16/1 Ladbrokes 2013 2000gns.

I’m like a thief in the night………..The question is have I got away with Robbing the price yet again?. Clocks tickin!

£1509

Viewing 17 posts - 2,364 through 2,380 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.