The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 2,347 through 2,363 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

,having said that I do believe ‘Dawn’ will go off Odds-on come the day.

He seems to be drifting a bit worryingly tonight, touching a colossal looking 15/8 in places. Perhaps the good news is that Ladbrokes seem determined to keep him shorter at 5/4.

Toronado is as low as 7/4 now and despite his impressive debut this season, that looks mighty short odds.

Good luck, you are due a change of fortune after some close ones. I am waiting on Moohaajim with no confidence whatsoever!

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Oasisdreamer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 305

Good Luck tomorrow Gord….I hope DA goes in for you.

I have a small bet on CC at 20/1 based on you pointing me in his direction. Hopefully one or other hits the target.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

D-day -2 and counting,this years 2000gns has suddenly gone Pear shaped,from what initially looked like being a stroll in the Park for the red hot fav

Dawn Approach

he’s now going to be lucky to even go off favourite! :shock: If races were won on gossip then ‘Toronado’ is past the post,he’s in the form of his life,his Trainers won the race 3 times before,he’ll love the ground drying out,he’s won a hugely respected trial in the Craven stakes impressively and will not be stopping at the line,the build up in this past week or so is all about ‘Toronado’,’Toronado,’Torobloodynado’.If all this blusters true I’m in for a rough ride!

Thanks for all the Good luck messages,I’m certainly going to need it!

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

You forgot to say he’s got the Champion jockey on board……… :mrgreen:

Good luck Gord.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Good luck Gord but I have to admit I’ve bottled it and taken up Ladbrokes offer of a free bet and backed Toronado to win enough not to be worried in case DA blows out :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

You forgot to say he’s got the Champion jockey on board……… :mrgreen:

Good luck Gord.

Yes Nath your horse has everything going for it tomorrow,I am expecting Richard to do the opposite to what he’s renowned for and thats making all at a good gallop,when he’s at full tilt others will be rowing and he’ll go out with the mindset that he can gallop them all into the ground,I’m just hoping Kevin doesn’t over do the switching off bit as you cant give 10 lengths away and expect to make them all up inside the last furlong.I believe ‘Toronado’ is a galloper and I’m hoping that he can actually set it up for

Dawn Approach

to cut him down with a fierce turn of foot,Kevin will be at my fellow but if he gets the response I expect he’ll have too much speed for the Hannon horse,we’ll see tomorrow.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Best of luck Gordio!!! He’ll be there or thereabouts mate.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Good luck Gord but I have to admit I’ve bottled it and taken up Ladbrokes offer of a free bet and backed Toronado to win enough not to be worried in case DA blows out :-)

Cheers Gary,I can see why ‘Toronado’ is getting all the publicity,he is a serious horse but so too is ‘Cristoforo Colombo’ and I really do think he can make his prescence felt,if

Dawn Approach

and

Cristoforo Colombo

should battle it out between them I will be cheering home the big chestnut as this thread depends on him and 90% of my wagers are on the High St whereas my ‘Cristoforo’ money has 90% on the machine and I dont include those on here,irrespective of Money I hold

Dawn Approach

in the highest of regard and expect him to Win,if he does lose I hope its fair and square and not Jockey error I would be gutted to be robbed……….Again!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Best of luck Gordio!!! He’ll be there or thereabouts mate.

So will your fellow on this ground Joni,’Henrythenavs’ are different horses when they get fast ground,it should be a cracking race and I’m contemplating going,trouble is I have awful memories of going to see

One cool Cat

get totally stuffed when I was sitting on an Ante-Post lucky 15 with 3 winners up! :twisted:

• Total Posts 614

Good luck Gordon. The nerves must be there, but you’ll get the place money at worst. He has got lesser horses in the top 3 in the past. The ground won’t be a problem !

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

The very best of luck Gord. You know I’m a CC man but I’ve just backed Dawn Approach also, at a fraction of the prices you got – so first of all when done on that front 8) You’ve had the chance to lay off your stake and have sensibly done so but that will be little consolation if he gets beat! Fingers crossed! :)

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Good luck Gord, am on DA at 16/1 win only, only to small stakes but still enough to make it a ‘fillet steak night’ should he prevail. Have played it safe and layed my stake off but I’m queitly confident he’ll do it for us.

Enjoy the day.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Good luck today Gord and may the best horse win. :)

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

D-day has arrived,I have written thousands of words about today but the time has come to let the horses do the talking.It is well documented on here that I have gone overboard on my horse and I can honestly say the last time I did that was in 1986 when a horse I saw win a Sandown Maiden in the Oct of 85 ran away with the 2000gns,what was his name again?Anyway I cant sit here for another 4 hours clock watching so I’m going to

pop

down to Newmarket and get some pictures of a Chestnut with a white blaze…………blazing home!
    my next post on here will either be jubilant……Or not but either way thanks for all the Good luck messages,I know in my head how things

should pan out

,lets see!…………..

CONFIDENCE IS KING

!

• Total Posts 1217

Stunning win, congrats!

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Boooooooooooom

Very well done mate :-)

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

Well in Gord, good work mate! Funnily enough you were the first person I thought of as he crossed the line :lol: Great foresight though bud enjoy the moment!

Viewing 17 posts - 2,347 through 2,363 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.