The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 2,330 through 2,346 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Be happy with either Dawn Approach or Hot Snap winning but ecstatic if they both go in :-)

Before that we have the big match today – OMG what an electric atmosphere that’s going to be ;-) just hope the French supporters behave and show tha Champions the respect they deserve

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Be happy with either Dawn Approach or Hot Snap winning but ecstatic if they both go in :-)

Before that we have the big match today – OMG what an electric atmosphere that’s going to be ;-) just hope the French supporters behave and show tha Champions the respect they deserve

What match is that then Gary?? :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

D-day -6 and counting.First thing the Ante-Post punter does before he does anything is click onto the RP website to look for his horse headlined ‘Non Runner’! Its bad enough losing your money Ante-Post full stop but to lose so close to the big day is Bad! I know what it feels like and it feels a whole lot worse when your horse is a red hot fav and you are sitting on 20/1 vouchers,fingers firmly crossed and we get on with our day!

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Win, lose or draw Gord you backed an even money shot nearly 11 months ago at 20-1! Not bad in my book!

Does the drying ground worry you? It would concern me as it brings in the Henrythenav horses but DA may still have too much class.

I am hopeful GV will run well but they are not exactly knocking down the doors to back him. The betting suggests a 2 horse race. I am not so sure but I do think it will go to an Irish horse.

Whatever, I wish you the best as I know what it is like to look forward to a race ALL Winter!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Classics are always hard to win but I really like the way Hot Snap won, my main concern is the French horse What a Name, trainer obviously knows how to win the race and her run behind Olympic Glory was a very good one :-)

In the 2000 if Dawn Approach is as good as Mr Bolger believes they won’t see him go! I believe the danger wont be Toronado but come from Ireland ;-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

First and foremost Joni you know yourself what goes through the mind of the Ante-Post punter,you experienced exactly the same scenario I am going through for the 30th year with

Frankel

and you are going through it again with

Hot Snap

at 40/1,I’m annoyed at myself for not sitting with at least a tenner on at 40’s too! :oops:
    I have learnt over the years a very clever ploy to take your mind off your Ante-Post wagers and that is to have them spaced out almost to the stage where you are having at least one horse running every couple of months,that way you aren’t counting down days on a daily basis and allowing the anxiety of your horse not running eating at your confidence.Having backed

Dawn Approach

early on and taking all the big prices I could switch off quickly as the horse did everything to the letter last year and his price collapsed,I haven’t had a penny on him this year as he’s traded ridiculously short all year (7/4,6/4,Evs).Its well documented on here that I have had my biggest ever total amount of bets on the horse but because I spread them out all last year I dont feel it so much,I know I couldn’t walk into a Bookmakers and place a single Grand on a horse but I certainly have invested that and more on this fellow but to my credit I have laid off the whole lot on the machine at and around 6/4.What is quite astounding is that for once I have bigger prices on the High St than I do on Betfair but thats because Betfair were surprisingly slow to price this fellow up,12’s on the machine compared to 20’s is quite significant but then again 12’s is allowing me to lay him off at 6/4.

Cristoforo Colombo

to the form student has no chance,form figures of 132S4 are not condusive to a 2000gns winner,I know Aiden
    doesn’t give a monkeys about form figures and this fellow is so much like his Father its scarey,I expect at least a place from this fellow and on quick ground he is a major threat to all.As far as betting this fellow goes,again I’m in an envious position as I snaffled all Ladbrokes 33/1 after his ‘flat’ run in the Middle Park and had already taken that earlier on,he really has had a rollercoaster of a spring on the machine as he’s gone out to silly prices one day and contracted to half those the day after only to go out again,incredible and I have thrown tenners at him all year when he does drift as taking 33’s about a horse I see as 2nd fav just has to be taken.When 3 tenners at that price makes you a grand compared to having to shell out a grand to win a grand with Ladbrokes on ‘Dawn approach’ you can see why I keep doing it!
    As for the ground………….I believe in ‘Dawn Approach’ I just hope Jim has learned from his fathers defeat that he has to be 100% bang on fit for the day,if he’s not he will get beat,’Toronado’ will go hell for leather and wont stop,’Dawn approach’ will be ridden to cut him down he will cut him down but he could easily be cutting him down all too late as I’m of the opinion like his Father,’Dawn approach’ will prove a proper Derby horse too,’Cristoforo Colombo’ is a miler through and through he’ll quicken up to challenge ‘Toronado’ but will he go past the Hannon horse off a really strong gallop? I do fear ‘Toronado’ as he’s got one way of running and thats catch me if you can,I just hope my 2 can! Would I take 2nd and 3rd place for a £4k profit now???????????……………… No! 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Mon,June 4th 2012

Early days I know and this

Dawn Approach

is having his 3rd run as a 2yo already but I liked the improvement from his 1st run to his 2nd run when beating ‘Canary Row’, I put it down to the fact that the step up to 6f from 5f played to his strengths,a further step up to 7f will come and again he’ll improve for it,more than that though this ‘New Approach’ colt has a robust physique,a lot like his Sire,he ran with the choke out again like his Dad but he also has masses of scope just like ‘New approach’,I dont like going in early,

Henrythenavigator

was the earliest I’ve done a 2000gns colt just before the Coventry at 33/1 but this fellow is only 20/1 now and he’ll go 14/1 after todays demolition at Naas.The Dewhurst is obviously the target for this year,then the Guineas,if Jim says he’s not a Derby horse darren,I suggest taking a price now then! :lol: We all know what Sneaky Jims like!

Dawn Approach

£150 e/w 20/1 Bet365 2013 2000 Gns.

This is the sort of post that confirms why I am TAPK,trouble is it means Jack S*it if my horse fails to run,small consolation if he only places but serious credibility if he wins,or ‘Cristoforo’ for that matter! I’ve had 4 major Ante-Post wagers this past year,

First Lieutenant

Gold cup 25/1,I still maintain he would have placed! :twisted:

Darlan

, Champion hurdle 25/1, I still maintain he would have won! :(

My Tent or yours

,Supreme Nov hrdle 20/1,I still maintain we were ROBBED! :twisted: and of course

Dawn Approach

, 2000gns 20/1 I still maintain he’s the best 2yo colt I’ve seen for sometime as for a 3yo………We’ll see Saturday hopefully! 8)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

D-day -5 and counting,

Dawn Approach

was due to do his last piece of work today,I can only hope it went smoothly,I’ve been going through all the videos of this years contenders and strictly on video evidence you have to say that had ‘Toronado’ not been so impressive in the Craven then there isn’t a single piece of form to trouble ‘Dawn Approach’.Form though isn’t the be all and end all of assessing a horses chance as ‘Mars’has a bit of a reputation and ‘Cristoforo’ simply hasn’t had his conditions so its a race that has
    still a few question marks surrounding it,having said that I do believe ‘Dawn’ will go off Odds-on come the day.

8)http://www.britishchampionsseries.com/n … roach.html

A little taster!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Weds June20th 2012

I’m a great one for letting the Dust settle……..and then jumping in again and that is exactly what I have done regarding this

Dawn Approach

.Having called into my local Ladbrokes again this morning I see they still offer a massive 16/1 about this Mini-me of his sire ‘New Approach’,whereas ‘Stan James’ go a very mean 6/1,I dont ever recall Ladbrokes being so far off the mark..Ever!They did go 6/1 about ‘Camelot’ when everyone else went 3/1 so it wont be the first time they are off the mark but 16/1 about a genuine 10/1 shot is just too big So in I went again,No problem! Strange but True! :shock:

Dawn Approach

£200 e/w 16/1 Ladbrokes 2013 2000gns.

I’m like a thief in the night………..The question is have I got away with Robbing the price yet again?. Clocks tickin!

deeman
    • Total Posts 103

Blimey TAPK, you stand to clear up when Dawn Approach wins, good luck to ya. :wink:

Do you reckon Ante Post betting is one of the best ways to make a profit in horse racing??

DEEMAN

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Blimey TAPK, you stand to clear up when Dawn Approach wins, good luck to ya. :wink:

Do you reckon Ante Post betting is one of the best ways to make a profit in horse racing??

DEEMAN

D-day,-4 and counting,as expected Joseph rides the Coolmore No 1 so thats a promising start,Money for

Dawn Approach

sees him cut
    into Evens with several firms he’ll go 10/11 tomorrow.God knows why anyones backing ‘Garswood’,he’s got no chance but as per usual something attracts late money thats been tipped up somewhere.
    Deeman,thats not half of it mate but this thread has always been geared around

Dawn Approach

,the clue is in the title of the thread…………..(In order for the King to be returned to his rightful place a vast sum of money is required to be handed over)!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Also any thoughts on TORONADO i think Richard Hughes must of read what i said of this horse after his maiden win.When i said he is the best 2yo colt in the yard he agrees with me on that.

Hi Darren, I was also going to ask Gord about Toronado but didn’t want to worry him as this one will put it up to Dawn Apporach in the Guineas…. :twisted:

Another superb bit of Foresight,this time from Nathan Hughes from July last year.

Participant
    • Total Posts 32174

Cheers Gordon Wilson from Ripley. He’s still to put it up to him yet on the track, but I’m quietly confident. If Toronado goes the Derby route after Saturday which is 110% likely What do you think of Olympic Glory’s chances in the St James Palace stakes? I think the stiff mile will play to his strengths and currently 16/1 on the machine albeit for pennies.

Blackbeard to conquer the World

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord they be competive handicaps at Newmarket in the sprint race on sunday and a 1m4 and the first race on saturday. there any handicappers you be following this year.I look to Haggas yard for 4yo handicap horses good record at this meeting i had GREEN DESTINY when he won at meeting a few years ago.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

D-day -3 and counting,the ground is drying at Newmarket but I expect watering will see much the same ground

Dawn Approach

encountered at Royal Ascot last year,obviously the faster ground will allow ‘Toronado’ to go off like a scolded Cat and Kevin had better not give him too much rope or he’ll hang himself,all things being equal and I am certainly expecting

Cristoforo Colombo

to be placed at worse.I’ve just taken the 22’s about him winning the St James Palace Stakes by the way Nath,I’d like to see

Olympic Glory

stepped up to 11/4m and the Prince of Wales would suit imo.Darren I’m going to make a concerted effort to try and stick to quality horses this Flat Season,I waste too much money backing Handicappers like…………Tax Free too often! :oops:

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

D-day -3 and counting,the ground is drying at Newmarket but I expect watering will see much the same ground

Dawn Approach

encountered at Royal Ascot last year,obviously the faster ground will allow ‘Toronado’ to go off like a scolded Cat and Kevin had better not give him too much rope or he’ll hang himself,all things being equal and I am certainly expecting

Cristoforo Colombo

to be placed at worse.I’ve just taken the 22’s about him winning the St James Palace Stakes by the way Nath,I’d like to see

Olympic Glory

stepped up to 11/4m and the Prince of Wales would suit imo.Darren I’m going to make a concerted effort to try and stick to quality horses this Flat Season,I waste too much money backing Handicappers like…………Tax Free too often! :oops:

Just been watching the replays of the main protaganists and I think you have a lot to fear from Toronado. He skipped over that fast ground like a quality animal in the Craven. Jimmy B had better have DA at his absolute peak otherwise the Hannon horse is going to take some catching.

The ground has come right for GV and the stable are talking him up but the jockey booking is not positive. I can only hope that the soft ground in Ireland has not been seeing him at his best in his work. I still think he will run a big race.

Interesting also to read the Newmarket guy saying that Kylacchy Rise will run a lot better than his 66-1 odds suggest. Cecil doesn’t run them in these races for fun.

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord just to wish you good luck DAWN APPROACH i think he win it.

And you missed my post on handicappers to follow as well my bets tomorrow are

DANCHAI
    ROBOT BOY

Viewing 17 posts - 2,330 through 2,346 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.