The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 2,313 through 2,329 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    HorseWithNoName
    • Total Posts 51

today Her Maj’s horse out of ‘New Approach’?

You don’t say "out of" in reference to the sire, it’s a phrase used to determin the dam.

I would hate to see anything coming "out" of New Approach, dont think his career at stud would last very long.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I dont think I’ve seen a 2000gns market like this years,apart from

Dawn Approach

who has remained rock solid for the past 6 months the remainder of the field has rollercoastered,none more so than

Cristoforo Colombo

,that horse who is generally available at single figures on the High St was touching 26’s on the machine yesterday and 20’s last night.Not for the first time this year the alarm bells were ringing but yet again nothing untoward has surfaced.I of course am like a Kid in the Sweetshop who’s been told to fill his pockets before the Shopkeeper returns from his Bookmakers trying to get these fancy prices on the High St!Unless ‘Cristoforo’ gets injured or something then he’s definitely lining up,as for ‘Mars’ and ‘George Vancouver’,I wouldn’t like to guess who’s going where.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well I’ve seen some strange decisions in my time but Ruby Walsh

picking

‘Back in Focus’ over

Boston Bob

in tomorrows big Grade 1 Novice staying Chase takes the biscuit,he’s basically chosen a ‘National Hunt’ 4 mile winner,progressing nicely towards the Grand National itself against an RSA

Winner

who’s a serious Gold cup horse in the making.I dont care what reason Rubys giving for riding his selection but he’s on the wrong horse!!………Who am I to know better!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I thought Paul Townend cost

Boston Bob

certain victory in this years RSA and he certainly cost him a place tonight,at no point was the horse put in the race and yet is travelling on the bridle, detached at times,I dont think I saw Pauls arms move during the race,he sits there and lets the horse do everything,he offers no support from the saddle and again ‘Bob’ takes a crashing fall.Looking at how ‘Mount Benbulben’ won I doubt whether ‘Bob’ would have got to him anyway although he has beaten the winner in the past,we’ll never know if Pauls supreme confidence would have payed off but from my Armchair it was still yet another shocking ride from Wilie Mullins number 2! :shock:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord that one reason i like CAPTAIN CHRIS in big race today you get strange results in big races at this meeting you do and horses are tired too after hard seasons they had.

And also who you think be the best sprinters with Black Cavair retired.I like YORK GLORY for Wokingham i do.And i think
    MINCE do really well too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

70000 views. I set out with the intention of beating last years ‘Gone Fishing’ views of 50,000, a thread that actually broke 60,000 views in the end so to get to 70,000 has pleased me immensely.For all the drivel I still take my Betting seriously and if there was to be an icing on the cake it would be for Dawn Approach
    to win the 2000gns like Camelot
    did for me in ‘Gone Fishing’.I remember starting out on here with ‘TAPK Notes’ a thread that turned over almost 20,000 views,not bad for a newbie,I followed that with ‘Prophet with an F’ but that only returned a measly 10,000 views,It was cut short mind as I got myself banned but I could see then that my betting and banter was attracting attention,the rest as they say is History so many thanks again to all those who read it and those who have contributed,Cheers! :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 65

I must put my hands up and admit to a dozen of those views Gord! Its been a blinding read from the very outset and i wish you luck with finishing the thread in profit.

As you may have guessed i’m a sticks man only, so without wishing the summer away, i’m already looking forward to the Autumn and seeing what your Supreme horse is to follow. I have a feeling we’ll be finding out sonner rather than later. This years Supreme runner up is hopefully next years Champion Hurdler and I just hope Henderson doesnt have fences in the back of his mind…..espcially with the other JP prospect Jeski making his point yesterday.

I also see Boston Bob has drifted out to 33’s for next years blue ribbon. He might as well be 333/1 if Paul Townsend gets the leg up – another odd ride. Perhaps its destiny for ‘your’ First Lieutenant to win next year instead – ran another cracker today considering the ammount of races he’s had. I trust you’ve had a few quid.

All the best and best of luck.

OLAS

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Andrew Balding introduces a nicely bred filly in the 425 Sandown, no entries but that’s not uncommon. His horses are improving for a run but check the market for a move :-)

Blocked
    • Total Posts 8241

Andrew Balding introduces a nicely bred filly in the 425 Sandown, no entries but that’s not uncommon. His horses are improving for a run but check the market for a move :-)

I think Hammy and/or JoniBake said they heard a word about Riposte trained by Henry Cecil. She is also in that race, along with likely looking types for Stoute and Varian who are entered in the Oaks. At The Races betting guide shows John Gosden’s Cushion as 2/1 Fav but I can’t see that myself. Stable has not been setting the world on fire and Gosden was quite negative about his prospects this season apart from his two year olds. She’s had three goes already and if I had to go for one it would be Auld Alliance to give some sort of pointer that Stoute’s short price favourites for both Derby and Oaks are not as much lunacy as they seem right now.

Thanks for the good crack. Time for me to move on. Be lucky.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

I think Hammy and/or JoniBake said they heard a word about Riposte trained by Henry Cecil. She is also in that race, along with likely looking types for Stoute and Varian who are entered in the Oaks. At The Races betting guide shows John Gosden’s Cushion as 2/1 Fav but I can’t see that myself. Stable has not been setting the world on fire and Gosden was quite negative about his prospects this season apart from his two year olds. She’s had three goes already and if I had to go for one it would be Auld Alliance to give some sort of pointer that Stoute’s short price favourites for both Derby and Oaks are not as much lunacy as they seem right now.

It came from Hammy actually Steve. A friend of his who works at the yard says she has an engine. Certainly well bred being Frankel’s aunt. I am with you though – looks a hot race and the Stoute filly is even more regally bred!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Sounds like its race to watch rather than punt then :-) cheers

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

How you think these horses will do in 2013 Gord

DUNTLE
    RIDSYINIA
    PARISH HALL
    BIOGRAPHER
    EAGLES PEAK
    MINCE

Any thoughts on Royal Ascot got big races there and betting on them for both sprints but i like DECLRATION OF WAR to win
    Queen Anne is 7/1 coral

And what you think of classic trail today thought GALLIEO ROCK and EYE OF THE STORM ran well both be better for the run too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

How you think these horses will do in 2013 Gord

DUNTLE

RIDSYINIA

PARISH HALL

BIOGRAPHER

EAGLES PEAK

MINCE

Any thoughts on Royal Ascot got big races there and betting on them for both sprints but i like DECLRATION OF WAR to win
    Queen Anne is 7/1 coral

And what you think of classic trail today thought GALLIEO ROCK and EYE OF THE STORM ran well both be better for the run too.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I love the Whitbread Gold cup,I still get the hairs on my neck standing up when I see

Kildimo

running an absolute blinder giving weight to none other than

Desert Orchid

,yes that was a Classic Whitbread as was last years victory of

Tidal Bay

.Today I would give a massive chance to

Hadrians approach

if only he could jump!! Sandown takes no prisoners and this fellows style of getting over a fence is not condusive to a relaxed heart rate,if he does make it over all 24 fences he wins as he has a touch of class.I also like his old adversary

Same Difference

,he too has good form in the book and can jump,both trade around the 12/1 mark and are certainly good e/w wagers imo.

Same Difference

£100 e/w 12/1 Bet365 5places Bet365 Gold Cup.

£9959

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m looking to back

Ektihaam

in running here,I like this fellow!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I shall be backing

Hadrians Approach

in running I’ll let him jump the first three then get on! Watch him fall at the 4th!! Took some 13’s for small stakes for starters! I backed

Finians Rainbow

at 6’s last night and bailed out at 1/5 in running but thats what its all about on the machine!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

One week to go to ‘D’Day and I’ll be counting every day down.No pressure! 8)

Viewing 17 posts - 2,313 through 2,329 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.