The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 2,058 through 2,074 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m off to Doncaster for next Saturdays Lincoln and am only interested in one horse,a horse I backed in the Spring Mile last year and should have won,he’ll make up for it next week and I’m topping up my 16/1 with some 12/1.

Captain Bertie

£200 e/w 12/1 Skybet Lincoln.

£16483

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I said to my Missus first thing this morning that my Neck was Stiff,she said do you want me to bend over,I said "After you’ve stuck the Kettle on".I think the reason my neck and shoulders are suffering is down to the tension from 4 days of battle at Cheltenham and make no mistake it was a battle royal.What tests the Ante-Post punter is first and foremost getting your horse in the race you hope suits it best,

Cantlow

definitely gets the award for most messed about there! I lost 2 Ante-Post bets before he even turned out with a bleeding nose on Thursday,his trainer deserved one too for never mentioning once that JP’s horse was going that route! Dissapointments of the week include ‘Loch Ba’,never got into the JLT at any point,

Carlito Brigante

virtually getting stopped in his tracks,

Toner D’oudairies

hating the soft ground and

Rolling star

looking average.Dissapointment isn’t a strong enough description of what I felt about

First Lieutenants

defeat,word is the tactics were wrong……..Er you dont say and as far as

Boston Bob being robbed of victory

goes,I think jockey confidence tells you why he never got on ‘SDS’! I could include

Cape Tribulation

in there but I perhaps am guilty of over-doing his chances a tad!! Highlights for me have to be

My Tent or Yours

proving why I rate him so highly and further improvement is guaranteed.I have to include sticking by my guns again when suggesting

Back in focus

at 12/1 was the right horse for the 4 miler even when

Boston bob

was backed into 4/1fav for it!

At Fishers Cross

landing a monster gamble in the style of a class horse pleased me,again as I’d backed him before his target was nominated,’African Gold’ did run a blinder too though.

Alderwood

proving why he was incredibly well handicapped for a Grade 1 winner in a handicap has to get a mention.Its a relief to hear that

Simonsig

wasn’t a well horse when struggling to show his usual exuberance in the Arkle,he gets back in the good books again! The best looking horse of the week goes to

Sir des Champs

, he is still a Class horse although he stopped to almost a walk in the Gold cup but on good ground and another year on his back he still has the scope to improve past ‘Bobs worth’ although he’s as tough as they come.Regarding future winners I have to say

Shutthefrontdoor

is now my number 1 RSA horse for next year,

Rule the World

would get my Jewson vote as I felt

Un Atout

might just be an Arkle sort.I’ve also spotted one as a potential ‘Supreme’ sort but if you think I’m telling anyone who it might be…………… 8)! Finally, Fingers crossed for JT Mcnamara,Enough said!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

One bet for today is

Major Malarkey

,2nd last year and a stone better off with that rogue ‘Master Oversteer’!

Major Malarkey

£100 e/w 7/1 Bet365 Midlands National.

£16683

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Just been going through the 91 entries for next Saturdays Lincoln at Doncaster and to this trained eye there is no strength in depth to the field at all,I reckon the baseline will be around 93/94 rated which ensures

Captain Bertie

a place in the line up. I’d give the big tail swishing gelding of Gosdens,

Lahaag

positive place chances. At 11.5 on the machine he too is popular,3rd place could easily go to last years winner

Brae Hill

23’s,who’s mark is certainly playable and 4th to

Chapter Seven

18’s a horse with a better collateral line through ‘Lahaag’ and ‘Mawasem’ than this rather short fav called ‘Nine Realms’ who rated 93 might still just miss the cut!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve been bigging up my ‘Supreme’ horse recently at 10/1,I’ve had the odd score or 5 at 14’s and 12’s and was hoping to see his recent scalp ‘Taquin de seuil’ run a big race in the Grade 1 Challow hurdle,we need a few Grade 1 winners to put it down to GDC’s ‘Jezki’ come March. The form got the boost I’d hoped then it was down to

My Tent or Yours

to canter round at 1/3………Oh he did that alright!! Anyway to cut a long story short he now trades at 20/1 with Ladbrokes….TWENTY TO ONE!! I dont know who their Odds compiler was that pushed him out to twice his original price but he’d had more than a glass of sherry! Anyone who knows their A*se from their elbow knows that ‘My Tent or Yours’ hates being pitched on a Campsite resembling Glastonbury,come March this fellow will be single figures so as per usual I’ll be going to the pre fancy dress party with prices to suit! Thank You Ladbrokes you can now cut him into 16/1!

My Tent or Yours

£50 e/w 20/1 Ladbrokes Supreme hurdle.
    £50 e/w 20/1 Ladbrokes
    £50 e/w 20/1 Ladbrokes.

£15783

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

‘Money talks,money talks Dirty Cash I want you Dirty Cash I need you more’
    Just had another 5 ponies on today with Stan James as Ladbrokes would only give me 14/1……..I wonder why?

My Tent or yours

£50 e/w 16/1 Stan James ‘Supreme’ Cheltenham.

£15533

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Are you saying you too are on

My Tent or yours

Boz? Its really our last chance to get a serious double figure price about him and Ladbrokes in their wisdom obviously dont give him a monkeys chance to be twice the price of others yet again.He’ll go the

Darlan

route now,so its Tote Gold Trophy first then! 4/1 is a Joke though,he’ll be that after it for the ‘Supreme’!

My Tent or Yours

£50 e/w 14/1 Ladbrokes ‘Supreme’ Cheltenham.

£15308

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I love a bit of ‘Cat and Mouse’ and Mr Morris has certainly thrown a few crumbs from the table for us to pick at this morning when stating that

Rule the World

might miss Cheltenham for Punchestown,now everybody knows the only festival that really matters is the one held at Prestbury park and its not everyday you have a horse good enough not only to run there but one who actually will win if he does turn up.I saw enough on his hurdles debut back in October to instantly describe him as the new

Sir des Champs

,unfortunately I never took the 85’s and 80’s available back then but I’m happy to take the 12/1 now as not only did he confirm his promise,he’s improved at a rapid rate of knots….And will continue to when he sees a fence.The ‘Neptune’ is the only race I can see ‘Rule the world’ being targeted for and am happy to stand by my belief that ‘The Mouse’ will get the cheese,I’m sure he targeted one for it a couple of years ago…..The name escapes me! :wink:

Rule the World

£150 e/w 12/1 Bet365 ‘Neptune’ Cheltenham.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Its a great feeling just getting a horses target right at the Cheltenham festival these days and one I seem to have got sorted is

At Fishers Cross

for the Albert Bartlett,of course I wont be happy until I see him start the race on the day,once the tape goes up all this fellow has to do is what AP asks him.I was at Cheltenham the other week and had a good look at him,he’s a proper Chaser in the making and made ‘The New One’ look diminuative,he also showed the better tenacity up the hill,he loves the course and has a fine progressive profile,certainly better than a handicapper,so long as ‘Pont Alexandre’ doesn’t run he has nothing to fear.

At Fishers Cross

£150 e/w 6/1 Ladbrokes Albert Bartlett.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The Neptune hurdle has the makings of being the race of the meeting,’Pont Alexandre’ really is the real deal and ticks every box but one and that is lack of experience for the hurly burly of Cheltenham.’The New One’ is talkin in whispers to me,there’s been too much hype surrounding this fellow, unsubstantiated at that,he lacks any scope for improvement and along with ‘Dynaste’ would be my lay of the meeting.I like ‘Taquin de seuill’ and ‘Puffin billy’ but my colours are firmly nailed to this years ‘First Lieutenant’ and thats

Rule the World

,I like everything about him and I’m totally convinced he is a future Gold cup winner.Mouse Morris is a legend in my house and a Trainer I’ve followed since ‘Cahervillahow’,he knows how to train a horse for Cheltenham and he’ll have this fellow spot on all being well!

Rule the World

£150 e/w 11/1 Hills Neptune.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

[attachment=0:s0g96a3g]i25c1s.jpg[/attachment:s0g96a3g]

Having gone through the Albert Bartlett this morning I can see Rebecca Curtis aiming

At Fishers Cross

for it,I think after Saturdays performance any notion of being a well handicapped player in the Pertemps/Coral Cup at the Festival have gone out the window,this fellow marked himself down as a Grade 1 performer and I can visualise a repeat visit back to the winners enclosure come March,I dont think he’ll run in the Neptune as he is a Staying chaser in the making……….What price the 2014 RSA??

At Fishers Cross

£150 e/w 6/1 Ladbrokes Albert Bartlett.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m totally convinced this

Hadrians Approach

is an RSA horse,he’s been my No 2 selection for the race for sometime now.Today will clear this hazy picture a little I’m sure regarding my No 1 RSA horse and thats

Boston Bob

,I expect a victory today and one that shows why this fellow is so highly regarded,he aint No ‘National Hunt chase’ sort leave that to the one paced ‘Back in focus’ this fellows different class as Barry likes to say.Its a big day today!

Hadrians Approach

£50 e/w 25/1 Corals RSA Cheltenham.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

If there’s one race thats irritating me at the festival its the RSA.I am none the wiser as to whether

Boston Bob

runs or not and I’m not going to miss out on my No2 for the race as he too looks tailor made for it and he’s being backed at a regular rate!

Hadrians Approach

£100 e/w 16/1 William Hills RSA.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Apparently this ‘Dynaste’ has bags of speed and what with ‘Boston Bob’ being slow as a snail then neither may run in the RSA,I form my own opinions on these horses but if neither run in the big novice 3m chase at Cheltenham that leaves the door even further open for a horse I’ve been adamant was an RSA horse since the former trounced him in the Feltham,not that he’d do it again around Cheltenham mind.My one and only concern for

Hadrians Approach

is his jumping,its sketchy and you dont get away with that in an RSA.Of all my horses lined up for the festival I’m afraid he’s the one who’s most likely to fall but you cant go into battle with a negative mindset so I’ll say if he jumps round he’s a certainty for a place and having backed him at 25/1 down now to 14/1 I’ll take a place now!

Hadrians approach

£50 e/w 14/1 ladbrokes RSA.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well I picked my selection for the first race of the festival months ago but I’ve only just got round to picking my horse for the last race and after much study looking at how Nicky could sneak one in under the radar I’ve decided to go for an Irish invader in

Alderwood

at 8/1 as he is imo the best handicapped horse in the race and the Grand Annual does look tailor-made.

Alderwood

£100 e/w 8/1 Corals Grand annual.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well at least Mouse has confirmed

Rule the World

for the Neptune today,he’s an 8/1 shot with most going NRNB but Hills still go 10/1 without the added security,I’ve taken the 8/1 thanks just in case!I know this is a helluva race and I’ve missed the boat completely with the Fav ‘Pont Alexandre’ but my fellow might just have the more speed over this trip,the Fav looks an out and out galloper to me!

Rule the World

£150 e/w 8/1 BetFred ‘Neptune.’

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well things are really hotting up on this thread now,I managed to run it up to near on £17k in the Red and have halved that deficit with just a few of my Ante-Post wagers at Cheltenham that weren’t on the machine as I dont include them.This thread will end after

Dawn Approach

has won the 2000gns so I will carry over any Ante-Post wagers left to run that I have on here to my next thread that will start in May.

Trading Leather

,33/1 (Derby) and

My Tent or Yours

,33/1 (2014 Champion hurdle) are 2 that spring to mind.Now I’m down to showing a deficit of £8k on here I’ll remove another £5k+ in the Lincoln with

Captain Bertie

then play it accordingly at Aintree to level things off.My intention is to finish with

Dawn Approach

winning the 2000gns and putting the thread back in profit just like every single one I’ve written.Having written several threads on here over the past few years since I joined I have noticed the views steadily increase from 40,000 to 50,000 per year.My main aim since I started this one was to achieve an unbelievable 70,000 views in one year and to end it in profit,some may say I’m playing a tactical game!……Would I? :lol:

Viewing 17 posts - 2,058 through 2,074 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.