The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 2,041 through 2,057 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

After todays results one could easily lose ones confidence……Nah not me,I’m a big fan of the ‘Kim Muir’ and having won the last 2 renewals I’m as confident as ever.I’ve backed 2 horses for this race both at 20/1 but I have a fair bit more on one than the other.I rate

Harry the Viking

as a horse who should be suited by this type of race but I really fancy

Alfie Sherrin

and his style of running should be a mirror image of last years winner,he’s a horse to back in running too so I’m about to get stuck in.Corals 10/1 is still generous so I’ve gone in again!

Alfie Sherrin

£150 e/w 10/1 Corals ‘Kim Muir’

£16083

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Thank you Gord for nice nice comments very happy and i got 25/1 this morning after only getting 16s weeks ago my tips are below for tomorrow. who you think ride SDC now some rumours saying AP be on it and Ritchie will go on Sunnyhillboy.

ROLLING STAR

ITS A GIMMIE 20/1

AFRICAN GOLD

SIR DES CHAMPS 7/1

CHAPOTURGEON

TONER D’ OUDIARIES

ALDERWOOD 8/1 but bet on HIS EXCELLENCY too.

TomBarkley87
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1835

"As long as Sunnyhillboy remains in the race, the rules of racing would not allow Tony McCoy to switch mounts and ride another horse."

Robin Mounsey, BHA.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Much the same as you mate, place money from ante post and couple of winners including the X country which I hate lol

Ante post wise I have:

At Fishers Cross but not confident now grounds changed.
    Salsify at 8s who should place at worst.
    SDC at 12s but again confidence is waining as it is with 33s Cape Tribulation!

Have tonight taken Ifandbutwhynot, Viva Colonia and Bourne who I believe is taking the wrong race. My dark horse tomorrow is from a trainer who doesn’t send many over for the festival but can ready one! Dermot Weld is the man and at 33s HISaABAT could go well after running well in last years Triumph.

Good luck mate :-)

Ps… Ferdy gave Riguez Dancer as his Charity Bet at the Festival Preview Night and he runs 255 Fakenham in 5 runner race at 8/1, I’m not sure hell get home but Ferdy said he would win NTO for sure

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

A superb effort from ‘Our Conor’ and Bryan Cooper there in the Triumph,he reminds me of National hunts version of William Buick the lad does.What is dissapointing though is he’d be the perfect jockey for ‘Sir des Champs as he sits patiently and lets the horse travel.I’m not in the slightest bit surprised that the ‘natural’ choice for the horse Paul Townend,2nd jockey to Willie Mullins isn’t on it as he’s in the bad books for cocking up on ‘Boston Bob’.Big fan of AP that I am,I’m concerned that he wont suit the big horse at all………..Denman! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve just been praising this Bryan cooper fellow so I thought he’s on a Tony Martin plunge horse well handicapped and with a bit of solid form sort in

Ted Veale

,I’m not familiar with the colours but got the ghist of him sitting out the back and decided to back him in running,well that was the plan as I totally lost him during the race with all that mud flying about and never bothered until the commentator says he’s cruising and he goes 1/3 in running!Missed the boat there big time!! :twisted: :oops:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

If

At Fishers Cross

gets beat here I’m giving up!! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

If

At Fishers Cross

gets beat here I’m giving up!! :lol:

About as much chance of that happening eh? :lol: At last a TAPK banker comes in! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Here we go then,its time for the big one and my confidence is brimming for a

Cape Tribulation

victory.Its well documented on here that potentially it could yield a 5 figure return,my biggest of the week,thats mainly due to snaffling Ladbrokes 33/1 time and again,when others were only going 20’s and 25’s.I know how I want the race to pan out and basically all Denis has to do is get him jumping,if he does we can surprise them there big guns! ‘Monbeg Dude’ will love this ground too,more so than some of the more favoured sorts,50’s is generous!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7872

Gord do you think this OUR CONOR will beat your horse in champion hurdle next year.

And what thoughts on gold cup i am gutted only 3weeks in last 12 months i did not bet on him. so last 49weeks been backing him to win it and when Bobs worth in troubule and SDC went alongside Long Run i thought he had it sewn up. but in end got beat i am gutted :( :(
    that loss cost me telephone numbers that would of been amount i would of picked up a lot of notes :(

Though happy with ALDERWOOD got 8s weeks ago so end on a good note

Any thoughts on midsland national and races at Lingfield too.

Any thoughts on these for next year

ROCK ON RUBY To win Arkle

RULE THE WORLD To win either RSA or Jewson

And mine and Tommy SDC to win gold cup and sure young Tommy is sad like me over SDC :(

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

And mine and Tommy SDC to win gold cup and sure young Tommy is sad like me over SDC :(

Hi Darren, I obviously would have preferred him to have won but he lost absolutely nothing in defeat imo, just beaten by a better horse unfortunately. He missed a few fences and could have done with better ground but no real excuses as Bobs Worth jumped quite poorly in the early stages. When he ranged up to Long Run I was like you Darren, thinking ‘how far?’, but Bobs Worth was only hitting top gear at that stage. Two top top horses and a great race.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

In terms of next year’s Arkle and Champion Hurdle go, at this stage Champagne Fever and Jezki look the standout contenders for the respective races for me.

Participant
    • Total Posts 65

Well that’s it for another year then. Nicely in profit for the week, mainly due to winners from Our Conor (AP), At Fishers Cross (AP), Sprinter Sacre (Tingle Creek Double) and Siren Dainay (without Quevega).

Placed efforts from Hunt Ball, MTOY’s, Bostens Angel, Alfie Sherrin, Rule The World and Celestial Halo keep things bubbling over but a winner from that lot would have make things a damm sight better!

From a personal perspective my highlight was Celestial Halo EW @ 66’s in The World Hurlde (pretty sure i posted something on here a while back). He ran an absolute blinder and the owners must have been proud as punch in Bucksy’s absence! Im not sure he’d have won but what would have happened if he’d pinged the last?? I was looking at a tidy pay out i know that much.

Biggest hurdling prospects going forward that ive taken from the festival are The New One and Our Conor – they will serve it right up to the Fly in The Champion next year….not forgetting My Tent Or Yours who will come on bundles over the next 12 months and I just hope Henderson sticks to the Hurldes game. He’ll be a much more effiecient horse on better ground im sure of it.

Biggest dissappointment was Dynaste, you called that one well Gord – talking horse of the festival. David Pipe must be scratching his head right now with his stable stars.

Not a great deal to say about the Gold Cup but Bobs Worth is a little gem, thoroughly deserved his win!! Quick mention to Long Run who again kept up his sublime record of NOT being outside the top 3 – heart of a lion!!

Lastly, and most importantly – fingers crossed that JT makes a full recovery.

…..Right, 361 days and counting – better get cracking on with some Antepost stabs…………Oscar Whisky for The Arkle anyone? :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Its been another fantastic festival,a rollercoaster of a ride if ever there was,but if there’s one positive to take from the last 4 days its that foresight pays.Taking Ante-Post prices has won the day yet again and that is because you have always got place money to keep you playing.When I go through my 26 betting races I showed a profit in 12 and a loss in 14.I can say I took 20/1 about the Gold cup winner and still lost on the race and when I realised ‘Cape Tribulation’ just wasn’t good enough I was cheering on

Sir des Champs

, I thought he looked a picture and travelled like a dream,on Good ground things might just have been different,fair play to the dogged little winner though! Where would

First Lieutenant

have finished I wonder? Chuffed to bits for JP and he’s had a good festival,more places than wins but the majority ran well.

Darlan

would certainly have played a major role in the Champion hurdle and it hurt knowing my 25/1 vouchers were still blowing down Town Moor.

My Tent or yours

did me proud at 20/1 but I’ll have to sit down and reassess next years Champion after ‘The New One’ and ‘Our Conor’ showed they do get up the hill! Plenty other highlights I’ll discuss in time and a few lows.Lowest of which is the tragic accident to JT Mcnamara.Puts things in perspective,Win lose or draw we can all plan for next years Festival, poor JT and his family wont even be thinking about that! :(

Oasisdreamer
    Participant
    • Total Posts 305

Gord – Ante Post ain’t really my thing (only Festival AP bet was First Lieutentant and that was Non Runner Free Bet) but…..

Instead of betting each way Ante Post why don’t you hold onto the place stake and wait until the day to top up again win only or save on the dangers you identify? Your funds remain in your bank (and not the bookies) and the risks of AP betting (Injury / Ground / Loss of form / Other race targets) are reduced.

Each to their own of course……

Some nice returns by the way – Alderwood at 9/1 ain’t too shabby!!

I have CC for the 2,000 guineas at 25/1 based on your advice. A small bet but here’s hoping!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve given an accurate account of my Ante-Post wagers on my ‘Wagers part 2’ thread mate.It is quite apparent that its snaffling the big prices that has rewarded me again,particularly those that could only place.I have always backed E/W and thank goodness I did with ‘MTOY’ in particular.I may have only had 4 winners,12/1 returned 9/4. 4/1 returned 8/15, 6/1 returned 11/8 and 8/1 returned 3/1 but I still made a profit in 50% of the races I wagered an Ante-Post bet which like I say was purely down to accurate targeting and inflated prices!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord do you think this OUR CONOR will beat your horse in champion hurdle next year.

And what thoughts on gold cup i am gutted only 3weeks in last 12 months i did not bet on him. so last 49weeks been backing him to win it and when Bobs worth in troubule and SDC went alongside Long Run i thought he had it sewn up. but in end got beat i am gutted :( :(
    that loss cost me telephone numbers that would of been amount i would of picked up a lot of notes :(

Though happy with ALDERWOOD got 8s weeks ago so end on a good note

Any thoughts on midsland national and races at Lingfield too.

Any thoughts on these for next year

ROCK ON RUBY To win Arkle

RULE THE WORLD To win either RSA or Jewson

Yes I willed him home for both of you too.Great effort and you have to be proud you spotted him early!

Viewing 17 posts - 2,041 through 2,057 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.