The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,820 through 1,836 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord you see more money on my NINE REALMS in the Lincoln today am on at 10/1 myself gets a good draw and Murtagh or Moore on it. be 3/1 on the day and after race we be saying he is a group horse in a handicap.With the right trainer who knows what type of horse to win these handicaps with as well.

Any thoughts on meydan tomorrow as MANDAEN is running tomorrow and a few other good races too.

Darren I’ve watched this

Nine Realms

several times now,particularly his Leicester victory over 1m1/2f and you cant deny it was a taking performance but we are certainly taking it on trust that this fellow has improved a ton for his 10 month break.I fell for W,Haggas and ‘Fury’last year but he did have Guineas form to his name,this fellow falls way short of that standard on form alone.I’d put him in the ‘Kalk Bay’ mould more than the ‘Fury’ myself.

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

Cheerios this morning, bit soft though, must be out of date, oh well.

Right, first things first, a new handle as Ginge has blown the old one open, if spelt slightly differently!!
    Not really at my creative best so leave it for now.

Anyways, further to your post on Ginge`s thread, i sense a challenge here,and i reckon you`re up for a challenge.
    Clearly on a day to day betting basis you are not in Ginge`s league, unless you do opt for lays of course that is :D

However, this is your chance to prove that you are indeed the ante post king.
    Rather than anyone one else toil through your thread to find them, you, being a meticulous planner, would have all of your Cheltenham bets listed and it would be a simple matter to post a precis here.
    All of your bets – entered, scratched, alive, or sadly not, so that we can see exactly what`s what, before the very first race on the first day, as anything else would be after thingy, now wouldn`t it?

At the end of the festival we can then check to see how you fared, and if successful, believe me, i shall be delighted to pat you on the back, blow you kisses from afar and eat lashings and lashings of humble pie, and take note of everything you proclaim going forward.

I look forward to seeing these bets when you feel able.

Oh by the way, have you ever been a shepherd at any time?…possibly too cryptic.

Right soggy cheerios to finish…laters.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Clearly on a day to day betting basis you are not in Ginge`s league, unless you do opt for lays of course that is :D

Softie I like your Cutting edge style! :lol: Obviously me being a fearless intrepid mercenary in the betting Jungle I know when I sense a trap and you are attempting to lure me into one.One should I fail to escape from will make me the laughing stock of the betting world…….I like a challenge though! :lol: When Uranus twitches into the Piscean Moon and the fifteenth day rises from the gloom read ‘TAPK’s Cheltenham Wagers part 2’ There will be a detailed appraisal of every race at the Festival including my wagers Softie! :D Now let me ask you this…..What is more difficult? Looking at a racecard on the day of the race itself and suggesting 5 of the 6 horses running as wagers all with various points that add up to a lot! Or not looking at a race 6 months ahead because there are No declarations but suggesting through years of experience a horse that might just be good enough to run in a Grade 1 race and actually win it,or even looking at a race with 97 runners and again narrowing it down to just 3 horses that might just be good enough to get in it and maybe by some miracle actually win it………

Captain Bertie

,springs to mind here for the Lincoln! :wink: As for me needing to prove to you why I am ‘The Ante-Post King’ all I’ll say is History on here alone proves I am,you should read up on it! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Betting on the day is not cheating Gordy Boy. :lol:
    Why make things difficult?

If you are "The Ante-Post King", then presumably you’ve found that way of betting easier than day of race. :?

"History", what history? Add it all up and what do you get?

Why can’t you just tell us

all

of your Cheltenham bets Gordy Boy? Not much to ask. If you don’t give us a list of bets, then the only conclusion is you’re hiding something. "TAPK’s Cheltenham Wagers Part 2" will

not

be telling us everything. It also puts in to question whether "Part 1" was quite as good as it looked last year.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Ginge you know aswell as me if you could only put one selection up per race I’d wipe the floor with you! You also know if we both did it your way I’d wipe the floor with you and better still if you had to use foresight and put a horse up 10 months prior to a race I’d wipe the floor with you! :lol: The bottom line is you are scared stiff to take me on in a head to head whatever rules were agreed as you know I’d wipe……………. :roll:
    As for History? You know better than anyone on here the horses I’ve put up at unbelievable prices that have won as you love to go through my posts with a fine tooth comb! :roll: :lol: I cant wait till the day

Dawn approach

alone puts £10k on this thread,thats one horse Ginge,one horse alone.Watch and learn,watch and learn!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve said it all year that I’d still prefer

First Lieutenant

running in this years Gold Cup than the Ryanair and I’ve also said Mouse will feel the same……He does and yet I can get 4/7 the big Chestnut runs in the Ryanair and Even money he runs in the Gold cup!! Does anyone really think Michael O leary will over-rule the Mouse? Not I.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

If you were sure FL would not go for the Ryanair, then this was a pretty stupid bet Gordy Boy. :lol:

First Lieutenant

11/2 Ryanair,

Sir des Champs

5/1 Gold Cup. £100 double Ladbrokes.

You’ve backed First Lieutenent both in singles and in a double for a race you do

not

believe he’ll end up in. :? :roll:

You’ve backed FL for the Gold Cup too. So effectively massively reducing the price you’ve taken for both races. :o

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

I cant wait till the day

Dawn approach

alone puts £10k on this thread,thats one horse Ginge,one horse alone.Watch and learn,watch and learn!

Remember Gordy Boy: All you need to do to get this thread back in profit is:

Have two or three massive bets (compared to the usual). It doesn’t matter if they lose because we’re only talking "paper money", with unlimited stakes. If losing you can always do the same again, and again, and again… Until you get two or three "massive bets" winning in quick succession. Everyone has two or three winners in quick succession now and again. Once in profit make excuses why you need to start another thread and Bob’s your Unc’; every thread finishes in profit. :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Ginge you know aswell as me if you could only put one selection up per race I’d wipe the floor with you! You also know if we both did it your way I’d wipe the floor with you and better still if you had to use foresight and put a horse up 10 months prior to a race I’d wipe the floor with you! :lol: The bottom line is you are scared stiff to take me on in a head to head whatever rules were agreed as you know I’d wipe……………. :roll:
    As for History? You know better than anyone on here the horses I’ve put up at unbelievable prices that have won as you love to go through my posts with a fine tooth comb! :roll: :lol:

You’ve had quite a number of big priced winners over the years Gordy Boy, because you have plenty (and I mean plenty!) of bets at those prices.

Am not interested in silly you V me games Gord. Takes away from our threads. But you’ve had opportunities to take me on in competitions and failed to turn up.

This Royal Ascot 2012, a competition only allowing for

ONE selection, either win or each way.

https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … 47&t=90750

And the only other competition I’ve entered since Royal Ascot… The TRF World Series Of Tipping. You could’ve taken me on in this one too, if so sure you could beat me

at my own game

. :lol:
    Current standings:
    https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … 2&start=39

There are many good judges on there, so I don’t expect to hang on. Pity you didn’t have the nerve to enter Gordy Boy. :mrgreen:

It’s too late for you to win the competition Gord, but I dont think there’s anything to stop you from entering tips each week – if you really need to take me on. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

If you were sure FL would not go for the Ryanair, then this was a pretty stupid bet Gordy Boy. :lol:

First Lieutenant

11/2 Ryanair,

Sir des Champs

5/1 Gold Cup. £100 double Ladbrokes.

You’ve backed First Lieutenent both in singles and in a double for a race you do

not

believe he’ll end up in. :? :roll:

You’ve backed FL for the Gold Cup too. So effectively massively reducing the price you’ve taken for both races. :o

Not a stupid bet at all,just because I’d prefer the prestige of putting a 4th Gold cup winner on here this time a year in advance of the race itself doesn’t confirm him as a runner Ginge.but unlike last year when the King of foresight was depending on both SDS and FL to run in the races I predicted they would,this year I am protecting myself as there’s been a lot of money on ‘First Lieutenant’ for the Ryanair and a lot of burnt fingers if he doesn’t run.I’m in a fortunate position to have covered both races lovely thanks at nice double figure prices.Foresight!A word you dont have a clue about! You stick to pinching the crumbs off my table and trying your hardest to convince your loyal supporter ‘softie’ ‘Value is everything’! :lol:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord we wait and see on NINE REALMS he be better than kalk bay he will :D

Any thoughts on the racingpost chase and Eidur chase i think QUINZ can win race again i think he is 16/1.OUR ISLAND in eidur chase

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Also Ginger any early thoughts on the lincoln as well.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Ginge: you did say you’d stay off the thread if people left you alone, well FO and let the rest of us enjoy the thread :-)

Many thanks

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Ginge: you did say you’d stay off the thread if people left you alone, well FO and let the rest of us enjoy the thread :-)

Many thanks

Gary he’s S*ittin bricks mate.He’s constantly berated this thread for being over £10k down just like I was a year ago but as per usual he hasn’t got a clue that most of that deficit is actually Ante-Post wagers waiting quietly to run!There’s more chance of Oscar Pretorius granted bail than this thread finishing in the RED…….WHAT he’s been granted Bail?????? One law for them and another for the rest of us eh?? :roll: :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord we wait and see on NINE REALMS he be better than kalk bay he will :D

Any thoughts on the racingpost chase and Eidur chase i think QUINZ can win race again i think he is 16/1.OUR ISLAND in eidur chase

I want to see the real

Quantitativeeasing

show at least something to prove he’s a Festival chase horse and

Master Overseer

if he’s in the mood Darren!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Also Ginger any early thoughts on the lincoln as well.

Sorry Darren, I wouldn’t have a clue. It isn’t a race I normally bet in these days, am fully in jumps mode at the moment. You don’t need any help anyway, you are the ante-post king Darren! :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Ginge: you did say you’d stay off the thread

if

people left you alone, well FO and let the rest of us enjoy the thread :-)

Many thanks

:lol:
    I said "If" GDC, "if".

Value Is Everything
Viewing 17 posts - 1,820 through 1,836 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.