The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,803 through 1,819 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Been a bit out of the loop with the racing world having spent a week in the french alps. Anyway, we are another week closer and i’m sure there are plenty more twists and turns on the antepost rollercoster before game time!!

One that i am relieved about is MTOY’s sticking with the novice route. Sensible option and i’m looking for to a Champion Hurdle campain in 2014! 66/1 could seem utterly ridiculous in just over 12 months time.

I’m a lot more comfortable with Boston Bob having a second run under his belt. Surely Willie Mullins only has one race in mind, especially as im convinced Dynaste will go down the Jewson route. Your Captain may have his work cut out Gord!

I didnt see Celestial run at the weekend but reading between the lines it was a creditable run. Will he line up in The World Hurdle….im trying to think of other options?

Anyway its time to really start getting stuck into these handicaps…..3 hard weeks of form checks!! OR simply jump on the JP band wagon!

I’m really not bothered about this ‘Dynaste’ OLAS,he can run where he likes for me,I think

Hadrians Approach

will shake him up in the RSA and I think

Boston bob

will P*ss on him!

Celestial Halo

looked very one paced over 2m but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t run a big race in the World hurdle.
    The best news of the day is MTOY goes for the ‘Supreme’ and that will make or break my festival!

Participant
    • Total Posts 65

Been a bit out of the loop with the racing world having spent a week in the french alps. Anyway, we are another week closer and i’m sure there are plenty more twists and turns on the antepost rollercoster before game time!!

One that i am relieved about is MTOY’s sticking with the novice route. Sensible option and i’m looking for to a Champion Hurdle campain in 2014! 66/1 could seem utterly ridiculous in just over 12 months time.

I’m a lot more comfortable with Boston Bob having a second run under his belt. Surely Willie Mullins only has one race in mind, especially as im convinced Dynaste will go down the Jewson route. Your Captain may have his work cut out Gord!

I didnt see Celestial run at the weekend but reading between the lines it was a creditable run. Will he line up in The World Hurdle….im trying to think of other options?

Anyway its time to really start getting stuck into these handicaps…..3 hard weeks of form checks!! OR simply jump on the JP band wagon!

I’m really not bothered about this ‘Dynaste’ OLAS,he can run where he likes for me,I think

Hadrians Approach

will shake him up in the RSA and I think

Boston bob

will P*ss on him!

Celestial Halo

looked very one paced over 2m but that doesn’t mean he couldn’t run a big race in the World hurdle.
    The best news of the day is MTOY goes for the ‘Supreme’ and that will make or break my festival!

Absolutely, its all about nailing your colours to a particular mask early doors and then having a bit of luck. It would have been a sickener to not only have lost Darlan but to have ‘discovered’ MTOY’s and see him go down a different route. Hats off to you sir for both of the above. I may well owe you a beer or two in 12 months time.

I was well impressed with this Hadrians Approach on his last run. The RSA looks right up his street. If i remember correctly he clouted 2 or 3 fences and Barry was lucky to stay on board, yet he stayed on and on narrowly beaten by an decent yarkstick. Interesting but i’m firmly in ‘Bobs’ corner and i expect a better ride from both horse and jockey this year!

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord did you read my handicap thread on this forum on CARLITO BRIGANTE and also on racingpost website in a stable he comfirmed it is the most likely race for him. you see other stable tours on racingpost site

And also what chance you give NOBLE PRINCE in coral cup he won over CD winning the jewson had him at 10/1 AP for race he won well in the end got a chance back over hurdles

And as you know i am a fan of FOR NON STOP and he my bet in the Ryanair this horse needs a big field and to be fresh two things he did not get in is last 2races. even though he was behind Captain Chris i think 20/1 is a great price.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I stood against ‘Noble Prince’ for last years Ryanair,he was the Ante-Post fav for quite some time but I just dont think he’s a horse that puts it all in.Back over hurdles as a 9yo could still see him show the same form when a good 5th in the County hurdle some 3 years ago,that was the day I did ‘Arcalis’ at 66/1! :twisted: No I’m afraid if and when

Get me out of here

is a confirmed runner for the Coral cup I’ll be looking no further,16/1 now is a good e/w price,yours is too darren at 25/1.As ‘For Non Stop’ winning the Ryanair,I’d definately give him a squeak,he has bits of form that suggest he’s a player but again I question his resolution at times.If

Carlito Brigante

gets good ground and I think he will he will go off the 7/2fav for the ‘Centenary’ but who has the balls to take the 12/1 now………….Me! :lol:

Carlito Brigante

£150 e/w 12/1 Bet365 ‘Centenary’ Cheltenham.

£15333

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Apparently this ‘Dynaste’ has bags of speed and what with ‘Boston Bob’ being slow as a snail then neither may run in the RSA,I form my own opinions on these horses but if neither run in the big novice 3m chase at Cheltenham that leaves the door even further open for a horse I’ve been adamant was an RSA horse since the former trounced him in the Feltham,not that he’d do it again around Cheltenham mind.My one and only concern for

Hadrians Approach

is his jumping,its sketchy and you dont get away with that in an RSA.Of all my horses lined up for the festival I’m afraid he’s the one who’s most likely to fall but you cant go into battle with a negative mindset so I’ll say if he jumps round he’s a certainty for a place and having backed him at 25/1 down now to 14/1 I’ll take a place now!

Hadrians approach

£50 e/w 14/1 ladbrokes RSA.

£15433

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

So as I missed all the fancy prices about MTOY for the Supreme I was looking at the race for a decent e/w alternative and I think I have found one.

What is wrong with

Dodging Bullets

and is 14-1 too big? He is now the only Nicholls horse left in the race. He has won his last two races at Cheltenham. He has been laid out for the race. He was only beaten 7 lengths by Darlan and 4l by Countrywide Flame suggesting that form is strong and rock solid. He beat River Maquire conceding 7lbs and yet is longer in the betting. He is almost certainly going to be better with a decent gallop meaning his tendency to pull fiercely should be negated.

Not saying he’ll win but I can’t see him being far away so I’ll have a bit of 14’s please!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

So as I missed all the fancy prices about MTOY for the Supreme I was looking at the race for a decent e/w alternative and I think I have found one.

What is wrong with

Dodging Bullets

and is 14-1 too big? He is now the only Nicholls horse left in the race. He has won his last two races at Cheltenham. He has been laid out for the race. He was only beaten 7 lengths by Darlan and 4l by Countrywide Flame suggesting that form is strong and rock solid. He beat River Maquire conceding 7lbs and yet is longer in the betting. He is almost certainly going to be better with a decent gallop meaning his tendency to pull fiercely should be negated.

Not saying he’ll win but I can’t see him being far away so I’ll have a bit of 14’s please!

Joni you have indeed found a serious e/w player in

Dodging Bullets

as he brings crucial form to the table,one like you say through the much missed ‘Darlan’,two through the Triumph hurdle a race I still believe he could have actually won! and 3 in the fact half his races have been run around the course itself,what he lacks in Scope for a race like the ‘Supreme’ a race I can spend a year studying for, he makes up in experience of racing in general.Being trained by Paul Nicholls is a Big bonus and again that negates the fact he wont have run since last year.All in all like you say at 14/1 he has at least an e/w chance granted a clear run.One thing I cant fathom out is why ‘River Maigue’ is 4 points shorter than yours as he wont reverse placings from their previous encounter.This ‘Melodic Rendezvous’ does nothing but confirm as per usual this will be a high class renewal,the winner will be a Top class Champion hurdle contender for next year! Now the way I have envisaged the race panning out for the past 6 months is for

My Tent or yours

to redeem what I thought was a shock defeat of ‘Darlan’ in last years race,I’m not going to talk distances here as I firmly believe the ‘Supreme’ is a hotter race than the Betfair hurdle but I do respect Garys

Jezki

and Tommys

Un Atout

,these 2 for me will progress further than ‘Dodging Bullets’ in time,’Jezki’ as a hurdler and ‘Un atout’ as a Chaser.If the ground is genuinely on the good side things will happen all too quickly for the latter and your fellows flat speed could see him run 3rd to JP’s big 2.Thats just the opinion of someone who knows a ‘Supreme’ horse like I know a Chablis from a Montrachet! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

And if it’s soft? :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

See Ginge has finally succumbed and backed MTOY (amongst others) at 7/4! :lol:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

PMSL that’s hilarious :-)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

What’s the news you have Gord?

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

What’s the news you have Gord?

Its in the post! Let me know you got it Gary!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Sorry Tommy missed that! If its really Soft your horse

Un Atout

will get placed no question,if its Heavy your horse gets to within a length of mine,on genuine good ground my horse will runaway from yours mate………As for this

Jezki

???? :?

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord you see more money on my NINE REALMS in the Lincoln today am on at 10/1 myself gets a good draw and Murtagh or Moore on it. be 3/1 on the day and after race we be saying he is a group horse in a handicap.With the right trainer who knows what type of horse to win these handicaps with as well.

Any thoughts on meydan tomorrow as MANDAEN is running tomorrow and a few other good races too.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Got it cheers, very interesting indeed, tried to reply but hard on fone, will send tomoz from laptop :-)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Couple I fancy tomorrow mate, Circus of Dreams 430 Sand and as long as it is not overly soft Takeroc in the 220 has been waiting for better ground and could get backed :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Sorry Tommy missed that! If its really Soft your horse

Un Atout

will get placed no question,if its Heavy your horse gets to within a length of mine,on genuine good ground my horse will runaway from yours mate………As for this

Jezki

???? :?

No worries Gord. Problem is I’ve backed him to win! :shock:

Davy reckons he’s better than Sir Des Champs, and in my opinion that horse isn’t too bad.

Viewing 17 posts - 1,803 through 1,819 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.