The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,769 through 1,785 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Hoh,hoh, hoh, yet more predictable abuse. :roll:

This (previously excellent) thread is being ruined by the bickering between you two.

Aftertiming is ruining this thread, if there was no or less aftertiming there’d be no need for any "bickering". But if you want to turn a blind eye to constant fantacy, then fair enough..

No it’s definitely the bickering, we all know the score with Gord; larger than life character, great ranconteur, very good judge of a horse, personally couldn’t care less what odds he’s got or not got, it could all be BS for I know, but I do know it’s an entertaining read, either take him for what he his or ignore.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

No it’s definitely the bickering, we all know the score with Gord; larger than life character, great ranconteur, very good judge of a horse, personally couldn’t care less what odds he’s got or not got, it could all be BS for I know, but I do know it’s an entertaining read, either take him for what he his or ignore.

Succinctly put Pants and thats why I get over 50,000 views in a 9 month period.No thread has ever achieved numbers like that on here and thats because there’s a mystery about my waffle that intrigues people.For all anyone knows I could have 50p e/w wagers on MTOY at 20/1 all in the same Ladbrokes shop but then that begs the question as to why I put so much emphasis on betting Ante-Post.Whats the big deal in winning a long term bet at 20/1 just to collect £13? Maybe its nothing to do with the money and its all prestige but it just looks better to say I had £300 on a horse,I can see the logic in that as it creates a sense of bravado.I’m a great believer in Work hard, play hard and appreciate your rewards,unfortunately rewarding myself with half a dozen wagers on a horse at 20/1 and half a dozen more at lesser prices with a £1 or 2 doesn’t reflect my attitude to life.As a property developer I have to be a meticulous planner,again I can see a finished project in my minds eye 6 months prior to completion,I ensure every component is in keeping with the brief,I’ve learnt this philosophy through studying horses as exactly the same approach applies when I see a young horse,I automatically assume a target for it and in MTOY I saw that very early on,its almost like a sixth sense.I’m looking at a horse I believe through years of study is tailor-made for a given race and the bookmakers are offering juicy double figure prices,its like watching Juicy Plums grow on a tree knowing how sweet they will taste when the time comes to pick them.Obviously you occassionally pick a bloody sour one and choke on the Pip but thats Ante-Post betting.I dont need to prove what price I have on a horse or how much I’ve staked but when you see the time and effort put in you kinda realise its gotta be worth the effort because if its not then I’m a wasted talent! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

What an intrigueing clash awaits those playing in the ‘National Trial’ at Haydock today,’Monbeg Dude’ progressive Chaser out to prove why he’s the Worthy Welsh national winner,’Well Refreshed’ out to confirm form with ‘Rigadin de Beauchene’.Two out and out stayers but Chalk and cheese to watch in ‘Giles Cross’ and ‘Cannington Brook’ and the best handicapped horse in the race in ‘Triggerman’.At 14/1 I’d have a sneaky e/w on the Martin St Quinton horse at the weights as he’s certainly weighted to run the first 2 home in the Welsh national close.However I still haven’t mentioned the winner and thats a horse Darren put up for the Welsh national and in my opinion was robbed,I’d go as far to say it wasn’t AP’s finest hour.I said to Darren prior to the Big race at Chepstow that the horse with the most scope for improvement was

Teaforthree

and he’ll need to be to lump 11-11 around Haydock today,its a race you look at on paper and instantly say to yourself "he’ll never lump that weight round today" and instantly discard him.On closer inspection though he to me is the class horse of the race and I’m convinced it will shine through today! Darren keep the faith son he should be the 3/1fav imo!

Teaforthree

£200 win 11/2 William Hill 2,55pm Haydock

£14533

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m looking forward to the likes of

River Maigue

and my National Hunt 4 miler

Houblon des Obeaux

performing well today,

Vino Grigio

certainly has a big chance too but my banker today has to be my old pal

Somersby

,I’ve never been convinced about ‘Finians’ on soft ground and ‘Cue Card’ aint No Ryanair horse.’Captain chris’ has done me a good turn this season and is my danger,there’s not a lot between ‘Somersby’ and ‘Captain Chris’ but 5/1 is a damn site better than 5/2 for 2 closely matched sorts,it could be a cracker with Cue Card setting the fractions.
    Its a bloody late kick off and the ground could be bad by then too! :roll:

Somersby

£200 win 5/1 Betfred 15,50pm Ascot

£14733

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Market moves play a significant role when deciphering what little information we can gleam from the Racing establishment and even though there’s been no official confirmation it would appear that

First Lieutenant

will be taking the Ryanair route,I’m still not convinced The Mousemeister will allow that to happen but as from tonight we will see this big strapping Chestnut favourite for his owners race at 7/2.I’m more than happy with my prices on the machine but anyone who feels like taking the very ungenerous 5/1,nows the time to do so as he will start 5/2 fav on the day,that is a fact! I’ve had the double I said I’d do so I’ll put it up on here.I really cant see a single horse troubling ‘First Lieutenant’ in the Ryanair at all!

First Lieutenant

11/2 Ryanair,

Sir des Champs

5/1 Gold Cup. £100 double Ladbrokes.

£14833

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Here’s a link to quotes from an interview Davy Russell did on the radio yesterday, it’s obvious where he wants them to go anyway :)

http://www.irishracing.com/news?prid=66 … t-cousins-

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Here’s a link to quotes from an interview Davy Russell did on the radio yesterday, it’s obvious where he wants them to go anyway :)

http://www.irishracing.com/news?prid=66 … t-cousins-

Good piece Tommy,Davy knows he’s on 2 very smart chasers if they dont clash in the Gold Cup but Mouse will still have his say I’m sure and thats the fact

First Lieutenant

is a better horse on genuine Good ground come spring time,he’s a bloody certainty for the Ryanair though so lets just hope they all get there! :D

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Ginge: you’ve made your point for whatever reason now please do the rest of us a favour and drop it :-) nobody on here gives a toss about your backing 8 or 9 in a race and showing a small profit, let your followers hear about that on YOUR thread!! I like most wouldn’t back like that but if it works for you good luck!

Gord: I am waiting for a hurdler who WILL win at the festival and/or Aintree! Is there anywhere I can view entries for handicaps at Chelts?

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Ginge: you’ve made your point for whatever reason now please do the rest of us a favour and drop it :-) nobody on here gives a toss about your backing 8 or 9 in a race and showing a small profit, let your followers hear about that on YOUR thread!! I like most wouldn’t back like that but if it works for you good luck!

… And you "wouldn’t" make any profit GDC.
    I was going to "give it a rest" until your provocation GDC. :lol:

When was the last time I backed "8 or 9" in a race then GDC? Of course if you believe what Gord says then you’d think it’s every race. :wink: It’s only once a year… It’s in the same race Gord backs 8 horses; 4 bets to win and 4 saver bets to place (each way). Some of us have confidence to bet win only. :lol:

Take a look at my profit on stakes GDC, it is not "small". No thread on here has a bigger percentage profit on stakes. :roll: But I wouldn’t expect you to know that, because I don’t shout about it.

If you don’t want me to comment on this thread I suggest you stop provoking me GDC.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I was in a Betfred Bookmakers yesterday about 11ish having a Cash bet on one of my losers yesterday and for some reason I was attracted by the commentators bullish tones about the 5 dog at Romford,I watched the race on the screen and this cocky commentator with a broad Cockney accent proceeded to make himself look like the biggest Dick in the world…..The race unfolds and 5’s right up there and still leads off the last turn so smarty pants quips that "he’s gone a length and a half up" entering the straight,now a blind Mole down a Pit could have told you the 3 dog was closing 5 down hand over fist but this Plonker of a commentator calls the 5 dog as the winner…..’What Its clear as day 3’s got up by a good neck’ was my and his fellow commentors opinion but No!Tthis T*at then suggests its a photo,which is always the case anyway even though the judge could see who’s won! Numpty boy then puts it to his colleague that he still thinks 5’s held on! God knows who these 2 were but his colleague politely suggests that he’s pretty sure 3’s won but T*atadicktomy still wont ave it and says ‘Nah mate I’m sure the 5 dogs got it’ Well you could hear a pin drop when the judge called the result! S*itforbrains then suggests to his colleague to tip one up for the next race as he’d got it wrong! Got it wrong? Fair enough tipping a loser but to be such a T*at and constantly suggest his had won when it was blatantly obvious it hadn’t only confirms to me that this guy needs to get his eyes tested! :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord: I am waiting for a hurdler who WILL win at the festival and/or Aintree! Is there anywhere I can view entries for handicaps at Chelts?

Handicap entries dont come out yet Gary but Oddschecker gives a good idea of the fields expected and a price.I will PM you at some point this week with some very "informative information" :wink: about one of your horses! You’ll like it more than me for sure! :twisted:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Ok cheers, il pass on some info from an old mate who owes me nothing and has been laid out after a bad injury for one race :-) trouble is that race is the soddin pertemps :-)

softie
    Participant
    • Total Posts 199

I think yesterday pretty much summed it up for me Gordy boy.

How on earth you could believe that under yesterdays race conditions,Somersby, fine horse though he is, could EVER win that race simply beggars belief. That shows a typical total lack of preparation, firing a bet from the hip and putting all those "followers" away.

As a self proclaimed meticulous planner in your business dealings i would of thought that you would have known better, and treated those followers with some respect.

So, to sum up yesterday, Gordy boy puts up 2 tips and loses yet another £400, Ginge puts up umpteen bets and profits by 69 points. Bit more effort required i grant you, but i know where i would rather be.

Yes Gordy, you are in a different league, in raconteuring…..made that up i think.., b*llsh*t and egotism, but NEVER as a tipster, unless of course you suggest that your followers LAY the selections and not BACK them: at least that way they may make some profit.

Tis an entertaining thread though – great laugh, if somewhat fraudulent. :shock:

Oh, and in anticipation of what i expect your reply to be :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I think yesterday pretty much summed it up for me Gordy boy.

How on earth you could believe that under yesterdays race conditions,Somersby, fine horse though he is, could EVER win that race simply beggars belief. That shows a typical total lack of preparation, firing a bet from the hip and putting all those "followers" away.

As a self proclaimed meticulous planner in your business dealings i would of thought that you would have known better, and treated those followers with some respect.

So, to sum up yesterday, Gordy boy puts up 2 tips and loses yet another £400, Ginge puts up umpteen bets and profits by 69 points. Bit more effort required i grant you, but i know where i would rather be.

Yes Gordy, you are in a different league, in raconteuring…..made that up i think.., b*llsh*t and egotism, but NEVER as a tipster, unless of course you suggest that your followers LAY the selections and not BACK them: at least that way they may make some profit.

Tis an entertaining thread though – great laugh, if somewhat fraudulent. :shock:

Oh, and in anticipation of what i expect your reply to be :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll: :roll:

Coulda been worse Ginge,I mean Softie! I could have put

Finians Rainbow

up!! :oops: Had I had your hindsight though I would be Rich.Win Lose or Draw I’ll take criticism along with praise,you have to at this game! :lol: You should contribute a bit more often Softie,I like your style,I like Gingers style but his points system just wouldn’t work for me as there are times I really like to nail my colours to just the one mast and cheer it home instead of just checking if horse A made a profit after deducting Horse B,C and D’s points.Each to their own eh Softie! :D

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Going to Wetherby on Tuesday so get studying please lol :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Going to Wetherby on Tuesday so get studying please lol :-)

I always keep an eye on Jonjo’s horses Gary wherever they run and I’m looking forward to a closely related horse to

Oscar Whiskey

running in a Bumper,he’s entered up on Tuesday and is called

When I’m Sixty Four

. :wink: I’m sure the last time you were there so was

Temple Lord

Gary,I’d expect him to win at last too!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

If there’s one race thats irritating me at the festival its the RSA.I am none the wiser as to whether

Boston Bob

runs or not and I’m not going to miss out on my No2 for the race as he too looks tailor made for it and he’s being backed at a regular rate!

Hadrians Approach

£100 e/w 16/1 William Hills RSA.

£15033

Viewing 17 posts - 1,769 through 1,785 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.