The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,752 through 1,768 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Good to hear you’ve got enough left to treat your better half Gord. As I’ll treat mine! :mrgreen: :lol:

You’ve got some great value at Cheltenham and am sure you’ll do well there.

You treatin your right hand to a velvet Glove then Ginge? :lol: :lol: My Cheltenham portfolio is as expected,I know to expect an Ante-Post disaster or 2 but if I have 20 Ante-Post bets and only 3 fail to turn up I’ll be happy,one of which has already robbed me! :twisted:
    GDC I’ve covered my stake only with

My Tent or Yours

at 7/1 with a run for the Champion but I honestly feel after what happened to ‘Darlan’ JP will run ‘Binocular’ only,now if something happened to him I’d be panickin!! I’ll tell you something if MTOY starts the ‘Supreme’ off by losing it will be an awful start for me to proceedings and I’m not expecting a repeat ‘Betfair’ hurdle performance either,it will be a tough race as the ‘Supreme’ aint called the ‘Supreme’ for nothing! :shock:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

I’ve covered my stake only with

My Tent or Yours

at 7/1 with a run for the Champion but I honestly feel after what happened to ‘Darlan’ JP will run ‘Binocular’ only,now if something happened to him I’d be panickin!!

Are you sure that 7/1 is "with a run" Gord?
    He’s 7/1 with Laddies but that is NOT nrnb.
    Less than 3 days ago you were adamant MTOY would go for the Supreme. Saying

"I’m not falling for the ‘MTOY’ will go there instead of the ‘Supreme’ route either for obvious reasons".

Nothing about having a saver on at 7/1 then or since.

I took top "with a run" price of 9/2 yesterday with Sky (still there), but you’ve now got 7/1. :?

Value Is Everything
    Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Tidal Bay out for season, what a shame

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

My Tent or Yours

at 7/1 with a run for the Champion but I honestly feel after what happened to ‘Darlan’ JP will run ‘Binocular’ only,now if something happened to him I’d be panickin!!

"I’m not falling for the ‘MTOY’ will go there instead of the ‘Supreme’ route either for obvious reasons".

I took top "with a run" price of 9/2 yesterday with Sky (still there), but you’ve now got 7/1. :?

Ginge you are the Tortoise and I am the Hare! I’ve backed MTOY at 18’s for the Champion hurdle too but because this forum isn’t my Tax Return, I’m not obliged to put everything I do on it.I could have had 10/1 with a run and I could have had 33/1 to win it this year but I’m still convinced he’s next years winner.I know you must find me an astonishing character doing things with prices you can only dream about but like I say its something I’ve done for 30 yrs now so I know who to talk too and more importantly how to talk to them.Communication skills,artistic flair,Charisma and a unique style appeal to folk,you yourself possesses one of the above four
    too! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Tidal Bay out for season, what a shame

GDC,I’ll put that one down as a close call! I’d have loved to see the enigmatic

Tidal Bay

run in the National and have been teetering on having a little touch on him for it,thankfully I didn’t.My number 1 horse is undoubtedly

Albertas Run

,I hope he lines up.I would imagine ‘Tidal’will be retired now and deservedly too, he got round to proving his doubters wrong and could easily have won the National itself with his inimitable way of doing things.This last year has brought out the very best of him and it was a pleasure to see it.

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

My Tent or Yours

Ginge you are the Tortoise and I am the Hare! I’ve backed MTOY at 18’s for the Champion hurdle too but because this forum isn’t my Tax Return, I’m not obliged to put everything I do on it.I could have had 10/1 with a run and I could have had 33/1 to win it this year

I’ll edit out and ignore yet more personal abuse. :roll:

Oh I see; so when you’d come to the conclusion

"I’m not falling for the ‘MTOY’ will go there instead of the ‘Supreme’ route either for obvious reasons"

… What you’d actually done was back MTOY @ 18/1 for the Champion. :lol: :roll:

Must be tempting to resort to aftertiming when the thread is doing so badly at the moment, however…

Punters can get away with a little aftertiming Gord, an occasional aftertime is believable. TAPK comes up with so much aftertiming these days, and when that aftertiming goes

totally against

what you (so eloquently :lol: ) have said previously on this thread… Pulverises credibility and (whether truthful or not) makes you look like a liar, fake, cheat and charlatan. Left wondering if there’s anything else you’re not being entirely truthful about. Is it possible you’re adding a zero to your actual stakes for the purposes of these threads? :wink:

Definition of aftertiming:
    "When a person claims to be on the good side of a bet or prediction after the result without proving any evidence before or during the event".

You come up with some good bets Gord it’s such a shame you feel a need to resort to this.

You’ll always be TAK from now on… The Aftertiming King. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 647

This (previously excellent) thread is being ruined by the bickering between you two.

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Glad I’m not the only one who likes Albertas Run for the National Gord, yesturday I put £5 on him to win it at 229/1 and £5 on him to place at 30/1 on betfair

• Total Posts 1217

Ginger, I like you and respect your knowledge/betting systems, but you can be extremely pedantic at times!

• Total Posts 1217

Glad I’m not the only one who likes Albertas Run for the National Gord, yesturday I put £5 on him to win it at 229/1 and £5 on him to place at 30/1 on betfair

I’m also in the AR camp, got 50/1 with WH, think hell be half that price if he lines up. Would love for AP to ride him.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

This (previously excellent) thread is being ruined by the bickering between you two.

Pants dont let the Green eyed Monster bother you,he really doesn’t bother me.What totally Pi*ses old Ginge off is his inability to accept I’m in a different league to him.For all the S*it I talk, its talk thats based on experience and I enjoy sharing it on here.I talk to my circle of Racing friends regular here in Derbys but I have many on this thread I consider ‘Forum Friends’ and you guys yourself are as knowledgable as me,we all have our own way of doing things and some of us dont mind sharing some of it.Poor Ginge seems to think I am somehow contractually obliged to put down every single thing I do on here and yet in reality its impossible.I try to keep things in perspective but I cant say I’m going to lay MTOY at 1/5 in running because not even I can predict that scenario will occur…..Thats probably a bad example as I did actually predict "he’d runaway with it" so 1/5 on running would occur,you know what I mean anyway,as does everyone else who reads this thread!Not including the ‘Green One’ obviously! I suppose I should feel sorry for old Ginger the whinger as he can never come out with something original,its the same old ‘Aftertiming’ drivel everytime! :roll: Me I can think of something funny at the drop of a hat like………Hey Ginge I saw you on that Programme the other night.How did you get on with your blind date………..Oh she was was she! What percentage would you give her of ‘seeing’ you again?I’m Looking forward to next weeks episode of ‘The Undateables’ :lol: :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Hoh,hoh, hoh, yet more predictable abuse. :roll:

Aftertiming is ruining this thread, if there was no or less aftertiming there’d be no need for any "bickering". But if you want to turn a blind eye to constant fantacy, then fair enough.

Gord,
    If you think I am envious of you then I suggest you compare my profit to your loss. :lol:

Although I don’t believe it anymore, I have little or no problem with in running aftertiming.

It’s the unbelievable aftertiming; like after Sir Des Champs had won the Jewson and shortened to around 8/1 fav for the Gold Cup – suddenly claiming to have backed the horse @ 25/1 in January. You could just about get away with it Gord, if (in January) you were positive about the horse’s Gold Cup chances. But in January you were adamant he was a "Ryanair" horse. :roll: This claim of 25/1 coming in response to Darren, who you knew had identified Sir Des Champs as a Gold Cup horse. You being the "King of foresight" had to at least equal Darren.
    There was nothing stopping you from telling your many "followers" you’d backed Sir Des @ 25/1 for the Gold Cup Gord, but instead chose to do so once he’s 8/1. :lol:

It is exactly the same with My Tent Or Yours. Well done, you’ve got a good price for the Supreme. But then, less than 3 days after saying you are not going to be fooled with the talk of MTOY going for the Champion – you’ve got to claim 7/1 with a run for the Champion – when at the time of writing "7/1" it is top priced 9/2 with a run… :roll:

Aftertiming when there is

some

sign of fancying the horse for a particular race beforehand is one thing.

Aftertiming when there’s

no

sign beforehand of fancying the horse for a particular race is worse.

Aftertiming when there is

every indication from what’s written beforehand the punter would not back the horse for the particular race

– is crazy and deserves to be taken to task.

If that’s being "pedantic", so be it. :lol:

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Ginge has exposed me as an Aftertimer!

Fair cop governer!
    Hold on a minute though haven’t I admitted to ‘Aftertiming’??
    I’ve backed

Dawn approach

to win the Derby at 20/1 Ginge,I’ve never mentioned it on here once though,I may have mentioned that I’d backed him to win the 2000gns once or twice at 20/1 but hey who really cares…………..er Ginger the green eyed Monster does because you’ll be lucky to get 12/1 about Jims guineas winner going on to Epsom Glory and thats called ‘Aftertiming’ its such a crime the Green eyed Monsters only started a thread about it too,all directed at me of course! :roll: I dont know if anyone else has noticed it called ‘Aren’t there any rules on this section’ but looking at the amount of responses its had I’d say 99% of us dont give a ****! Now if I was you Ginge I’d go and try and get those 100’s of points you invest every race on,it cant be easy cheering them all home!! :lol:

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

I’m also in the AR camp, got 50/1 with WH, think hell be half that price if he lines up. Would love for AP to ride him.

Nice you should join betfair i think hes still at about 215/1 but only 17/1 to place now

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 764

Nice you should join betfair i think hes still at about 215/1, mad odds

Participant
    • Total Posts 33015

Ginge has exposed me as an Aftertimer!

Fair cop governer!

Think we’d better leave it at that. :lol:
    Don’t judge me on the amount of points staked Gord, my 10 to 100 stakes are the same as someone else’s 1 to 10 or 0 to 1. The statistic that matters is percentage profit on stakes. Oops, I forgot, you don’t take any notice of or understand "percentages". :lol:

Good luck Gord. :)

Value Is Everything
    • Total Posts 1217

Nice you should join betfair i think hes still at about 215/1, mad odds

I only use betfair for trading, prefer the bookies for my bets…

If he stays, which I think he will, he has an outstanding chance.

Viewing 17 posts - 1,752 through 1,768 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.