The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,718 through 1,734 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

First Lieutenant is 7/1 to win any race with PP Gord, win only but not bad considering he’s 13/2 with them for the Ryanair.

Hope that’s where he goes as imo he’ll win it well.

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Well done with My Tent Or Yours by the way, was never in doubt. Come Cheltenham hopefully you’ll be able lay off for a profit before Davy unleashes Un Atout.

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Couple that have been hammered today and are totally blue:

Module in the Jewson
    First Lt in the Ryanair

:-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well done with My Tent Or Yours by the way, was never in doubt. Come Cheltenham hopefully you’ll be able lay off for a profit before Davy unleashes Un Atout.

I have to lay some off Tommy,I put him up on here at 20/1,16/1,14/1 down and thats nothing to what I’ve got on at 30’s down.I laid him on Saturday at 1/5 before he jumped the last to a Monkey and he never jumped it well.I dont think even I could have stood another certainty falling at the last whilst cantering! We have to expect a statement saying

First Lieutenant

is Ryanair bound now as money talks at this game and its positively shouting today! As soon as he is confirmed a runner,I’ll confirm him as the Banker of the meeting,he’ll absolutely run em ragged over 2m5f jumping for fun! You deserve a big shout for saying it first mate too! I’d still rather him run in the Gold cup myself mind,its the prestige! :lol:

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

I’ve been saying for ages he will head for the Ryanair mate and Captain Conan would take in the Jewson :-)

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well I’ve done it now so there’s no going back.I have looked long and hard at this years Champion hurdle now that my Bankers not running,I’m not falling for the ‘MTOY’ will go there instead of the ‘Supreme’ route either for obvious reasons,No I’ve looked at every horse still in it and concluded ‘Grandouet’ wont be winning with B,Geraghty up but AP will be on

Binocular

and before anyone says thats just being over sentimental,let me say,yep it sure is but this fellow still has the ability to place and at 16/1 I’ll settle for just that,plus I’ll be cheering the whole team of ‘Darlan’ on again on a day I should have been collecting big time.Laugh all you like but I quite like knockin one out the Ball Park!

Binocular

£50 e/w 16/1 Hills Champion Hurdle.
    £50 e/w 16/1 Corals

£14033

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7869

Gord i see you got a bet for MTOY for 2014 champion hurdle but a question for you what price you think you could of got for SDC to win 2013 gold cup before he jumped a fence. i was tempted last year to email a few firms to get a price before he went over fences. but i did not so what price you think i would of got.

And i know you know you not a fan of the bumper races but any thoughts on the bumper horses in festival this year who could make decent hurdlers and chasers in next few years.Looks like CLONDAW COURT is the number one horse for Mullins who has been talked of a long term fancy for the gold cup. in after he goes over hurdles then starts a novice chasing season.Highly thought of he is.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord i see you got a bet for MTOY for 2014 champion hurdle but a question for you what price you think you could of got for SDC to win 2013 gold cup before he jumped a fence. i was tempted last year to email a few firms to get a price before he went over fences. but i did not so what price you think i would of got.

And i know you know you not a fan of the bumper races but any thoughts on the bumper horses in festival this year who could make decent hurdlers and chasers in next few years.Looks like CLONDAW COURT is the number one horse for Mullins who has been talked of a long term fancy for the gold cup. in after he goes over hurdles then starts a novice chasing season.Highly thought of he is.

Darren you dont think the King of Foresight wouldn’t have backed

Sir des Champs

way before anyone else do you???. I got 25/1 straight after I saw him beat ‘Fist of Fury’ for the 2013 Gold Cup
    purely on what he looked like alone.After he ran in the Jewson and

First Lieutenant

ran in the RSA I got it in my stubborn head that the former was Ryanair material and the latter the Gold Cup horse,of course when you are playing to decent sized stakes you need insurance so I’ll collect virtually the same off ‘First Lieutenant’ winning the Ryanair as the Gold cup anyway now.That position allows me to free up my

Cape Tribulation

bets for the Gold cup now and at 33/1 which incredibly he still is opens doors.I only got £25 e/w on SDS at 25/1, £20 on

Bobs worth

at 20/1 (Hennessey/Gold cup double) and £700 on ‘First Lieutenant’.If SDS does win the Gold Cup I wouldn’t be financially happy so I’ve had a double on ‘First Lieutenant/Sir des champs’ Ryanair/Gold cup.I’ll certainly watch the bumper for any future stars darren but haven’t come down on anythings side just yet!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’ve been saying for ages he will head for the Ryanair mate and Captain Conan would take in the Jewson :-)

I’m guessing Gdc1 is still GDC!! Did you panic and create a new username Gary!

Captain Conan

‘The quiet one’!! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Shame about ‘Flemenstar’ but he was never one I was concerned about in any race,just makes

First Lieutenant

a bigger certainty for the Ryanair now and if he doesn’t go off fav my names Clueless!

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

I was quoted 33/1 last January Darren. Did I take it? :cry:

Not to worry, happy enough with 7/1, only Bobs Worth stands in his way :twisted:

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Sir des Champs

way before anyone else do you???. I got 25/1 straight after I saw him beat ‘Fist of Fury’ for the 2013 Gold Cup
    purely on what he looked like alone.

:?

Of course you did Gord.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

"Gingertipster":1e655rvw wrote:

Sir des Champs

Of course you did Gord.

https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … 93&start=0

:wink:

Ginge trying to undermine my ‘Foresight’ is like you successfully getting a Girlfriend,Dying your hair any colour that doesn’t turn Green with envy or generally writing with the flair and passion your King does.Keep diggin! :lol:
    Did you notice the 25/1 ‘Darlan’ there too,another one you constantly tried to undermine! What about the 20/1

My Tent or Yours

for the ‘Supreme’? Do you believe me there??

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The Gold Cup picture isn’t getting any clearer but in my world if you want your ‘Outsider’ to be placed he has to hope something goes wrong with either

Bobs Worth

Sir des Champs

, or

Silviniaco Conti

as they are the big three proving yet again the solidity of the ‘Feltham’. I’m coming to terms with the fact that my Gold Cup horse

First Lieutenant

is a 70/30 chance to run in the Ryanair,I of course was prepared for this and have taken all the 14’s down.Like I said earlier I have taken appropriate measures at silly prices to protect my interests but now I have a clear picture in my mind as to how the race will pan out and jumping the last in front will be ‘Bobs Worth’, a neck behind him will be ‘SDS’,’Long Run’ will have been on the premises too but is a beaten horse as they hit the rising ground,’Silviniaco’ may well have hit the deck or just been run off his feet on ground faster than ideal……….Lurking patiently throughout the whole race and jumping cleanly from fence to fence is a certain Mr Denis O Regan,he’s been seen to take the odd pull but he’s coming there now still hard on the steel sitting motionless he looks across at Barry G and smiles,he looks to his right and Davys whip is flailing away at des Champ but its all in vain as Denis lets out a reef and

Cape Tribulation

eases home by a length! 8)

Cape Tribulation

£150 e/w 33/1 Ladbrokes Gold Cup.

£14333

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

"The Ante-Post King":5h8n4c8r wrote:

Sir des Champs

Of course you did Gord.

https://theracingforum.co.uk/horse-r … 93&start=0

:wink:

Ginge trying to undermine my ‘Foresight’ generally writing with the flair and passion your King does.Keep diggin! :lol:
    Did you notice the 25/1 ‘Darlan’ there too,another one you constantly tried to undermine! What about the 20/1

My Tent or Yours

for the ‘Supreme’? Do you believe me there??

I won’t retaliate with personal insults. Yet more gingerphobia/bullying. :roll:

I have no doubt you backed Sir Des Champs

after

he’d won the Jewson my friend. Fact is your

is from

17th March 2012

. That is

after

last year’s Cheltenham Festival had finished. Every post that I can see

prior

to the Festival was insistant

Sir Des Champs

was a

Ryanair

horse, and

nothing

that I can see to say "but I’ve also backed him for the Gold Cup"!

After the 2012 Festival Sir Des Champs was one of (if not THE)

favourite/s at around 8/1

for the Gold Cup; yet you are claiming 25/1. :? If Sir Des Champs was available at 25/1 at that point I’d have been on straight away. :lol:

Why not just give Darren credit for identifying Sir Des Champs as a Gold Cup Prospect a long time before you did Gord; instead of claiming you’d backed the horse in January 2012 for the race?

Give the personal stuff a miss Gord, keep to racing – and we’ll be ok. :wink:

Value Is Everything
    Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

For some reason I couldn’t log on to the site :-(

4 weeks until we will be like kids in candy store mate, now that Cantlow is almost certainly heading for the Fest Chase have you looked at the Byrne Plate? Ive got a major fancy in that :-)

Gdc1
    • Total Posts 561

Good to see PR run an absolute cracker in the Betfair, just hope they go for the right race ;-)

Viewing 17 posts - 1,718 through 1,734 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.