The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,701 through 1,717 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well done gord he won well he did the MTOY so lets hope he does not come 2nd next month like Darlan and GMOOH in the supreme in previous years.

Any thoughts on SDC and Boston Bob today as well

And you missed my last question on NINE REALMS as well too.

Sorry Darren but I’m P*ssed already! :oops:

Boston Bob

needs 3 miles so I’ll forgive him todays less than spectacular performance.I thought 6/4 was generous as I’d have him Odds-On for todayon last years form alone!

Sir des Champs

is a way better horse than the over-rated ‘Flemenstar’ but some of us knew that a long time ago didn’t we lads? He is a fine stamp of a horse!
    As for

Nine Realms

,I can only suggest he’s done a bit of work right outside Simon Clares Office window as he’s as much a 5/1 chance as ‘Flemenstar’ is for the Ryanair! :roll: No chance mate!

Trade Commissioner

is the ‘Dark horse’ in this years Lincoln and much depends on whether

Penitent

tops the weights,he wont run imo! :wink:

Captain Bertie

is the horse for this years race Darren,off a mark of 94 he will have Barry Hills rockin in his Armchair!

Participant
    • Total Posts 647

Pleased for you today Gord, MTOY looks a tad special, glad I followed you in at 14/1! :D

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I hope all concerned with both

Darlan

and

My Tent or Yours

have heads like mine this morning! Its been a Helluva week!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Congratulations TAPK. I’ve managed to get a good price
    on MTOY for the Supreme.
    I really enjoy reading your posts and from time
    to time I get info on afew and the occasional
    Plot horse.
    The next is due to run late March/early April. Will
    pass it on through your thread if that’s okay.
    The last one was a horse called Bravo Bravo, and
    we managed to get 12/1 and it Won easily at 8s.
    Hopefully the next one will be an even bigger price.
    Congrats again on MTOY and all the best for a
    successful Cheltenham.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m sitting here watching all yesterdays re-runs on my lovely HD TV,pausing re-winding,zooming in etc and generally making notes.Fine and Dandy but when I look at all my fancies from yesterday,

Chatterbox

Wishful thinking

Champagne Fever

Sir des Cahamps

My tent or Yours

Boston Bob

Silviniaco conti

and

Hadrians Approach

I dont know whether to laugh or cry at the thought of having a Super Heinz as I’d have been waiting on ‘Hadrians’ for a fortune and he was robbed! :twisted: Daft as it would appear I never had a penny on any of them other than next years Champion hurdle winner!

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

After Darlan, you deserved a change of luck with MTOY Gord. Well done!

Big weight for a novice to carry to victory that easily. Just might end up in

this

year’s Champion. :?

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

After Darlan, you deserved a change of luck with MTOY Gord. Well done!

Big weight for a novice to carry to victory that easily. Just might end up in

this

year’s Champion. :?

There was nothing in the race Ginge that had anywhere near the scope of

My Tent or Yours

,as to why ‘Cash and Go’ went off at 1 point bigger than the winner beggars belief.The only frustrating thing for me was that MTOY was never bigger than 6/1 for the race in the past 6 weeks,normally I’d have got 12-14/1 about a horse with his profile.As for this years Champion hurdle,had ‘Darlan’ not been killed then JP would have seriously considered it irrelevant of the fact Darlan was this years Champion hurdle winner,its the fact of running a horse thats not mentally prepared for a race like a Grade 1 on faster ground,he’ll go the ‘Supreme’ route and ‘hopefully’ canter round.I’ve said it several times of late but that Huntingdon run made the horse,it was like watching a master teaching his pupil its trade! I’ve said my piece on the ‘Chatterbox’ run prior to that and its runs like that,that give the ‘Professor and Woolfie’ food for thought imo,thankfully I can see the wood from the Trees! :wink:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I see Willie Mullins has given us Ante-Post backers another little conundrum when he stated that

Boston Bob

and

Back in Focus

wont clash at Cheltenham,he says ‘Boston Bob’ is entered in the 4 miler the RSA and the Jewson and that ‘Back in Focus’ is entered in the RSA and the 4 miler.Both will go for the easier option.Now that might take a bit of working out for some but from what I saw yesterday

Boston Bob

will be going for the RSA,he has nothing to fear from ‘Dynaste’ and is crying out for 3m over fences,his Albert Bartlett run last year left some big hitters with burnt fingers,he went off an Even money chance that day and Ruby got it wrong but he had plenty horse under him.There’s absolutely No chance he’ll go for the 4 miler as he’s too good a horse and he wont go for the Jewson as he hit a flat spot way too late in the race and there’s no way you get away with that over an inadequate trip.No its clear as day to me

Boston Bob

takes the RSA route and the out and out stayer ‘Back in focus’ takes the 4 miler.This is what us Ante-Post punters are up against these days but some of us make it look easy! 8)By the way,’Boston’ looked very wintry yesterday too,he’s got bags of improvement to come this spring!

Boston Bob

£150 e/w 7/1 Ladbrokes RSA Cheltenham.

£12933

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Its a great feeling just getting a horses target right at the Cheltenham festival these days and one I seem to have got sorted is

At Fishers Cross

for the Albert Bartlett,of course I wont be happy until I see him start the race on the day,once the tape goes up all this fellow has to do is what AP asks him.I was at Cheltenham the other week and had a good look at him,he’s a proper Chaser in the making and made ‘The New One’ look diminuative,he also showed the better tenacity up the hill,he loves the course and has a fine progressive profile,certainly better than a handicapper,so long as ‘Pont Alexandre’ doesn’t run he has nothing to fear.

At Fishers Cross

£150 e/w 6/1 Ladbrokes Albert Bartlett.

£13233

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

The Neptune hurdle has the makings of being the race of the meeting,’Pont Alexandre’ really is the real deal and ticks every box but one and that is lack of experience for the hurly burly of Cheltenham.’The New One’ is talkin in whispers to me,there’s been too much hype surrounding this fellow, unsubstantiated at that,he lacks any scope for improvement and along with ‘Dynaste’ would be my lay of the meeting.I like ‘Taquin de seuill’ and ‘Puffin billy’ but my colours are firmly nailed to this years ‘First Lieutenant’ and thats

Rule the World

,I like everything about him and I’m totally convinced he is a future Gold cup winner.Mouse Morris is a legend in my house and a Trainer I’ve followed since ‘Cahervillahow’,he knows how to train a horse for Cheltenham and he’ll have this fellow spot on all being well!

Rule the World

£150 e/w 11/1 Hills Neptune.

£13533

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7870

My ROAD TO RICHES is danger to Fishers Cross just need to know if it comes over or not.

And gord do you think First Lieuteniant will go for Ryanair as am sure owner would like a horse in this race as he is the owner.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

And Gord do you think First Lieuteniant will go for Ryanair as am sure owner would like a horse in this race as he is the owner.

That is the million dollar question Darren!

Sir des Champs

is definately the Gigginstown No1 Gold cup horse so you would think given that Michael O leary sponsors the Ryanair he would love to win it and in

First Lieutenant

he has the ideal sort to do just that.Had Willie Mullins trained him he’d be going the Ryanair route with the proviso they are both entered in both races attached! :roll: I have come to the conclusion that if the ground is Soft ‘First Lieutenant’ will run in the Ryanair anyway.However if the ground is Good,Mouse Morris will kick doors down to ensure he runs in the Gold Cup itself.Had

Last Instalment

not been injured he’d be going the Ryanair route leaving the other 2 Gold Cup bound imo.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Well I’ve spent the past hour going through this years ‘Festival chase’,intriguing race. ‘Calgary Bay’ wouldn’t look out of place lumping top weight round but his targets the Topham this year. ‘Fruity O Rooney’ has been placed well for another tilt and should go well.

Quantitativeeasing

is a major player who could be the handicap good thing,I think we’ll see a big run from him and at 20/1 he’s too big,remember him going off fav last year? however after much cogitation and deliberation I am convinced

Cantlow

,one of my Cheltenham bankers will avoid the ‘Centenary’ due to his 143 mark and take his chance in this,he’d get in with around 11-0 on his back and the 3m trip will suit him perfectly.I can see a JP touch on this fellow and Paul Webber wont want to let him down.

Cantlow

£100 e/w 12/1 Bet365 ‘Festival Chase’

Quantitativeesing

£50 e/w 20/1 Bet365.

£13833

Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

One horse that could pick up a handicap at the Festival Gord – is

Colour Squadron

who ran at Exeter yesterday. Has had one of those JP run-ups to the Festival. With AP giving him (as we form students like to say) "plenty to do" in his races, before trying to win the race by flying home late under less than the normal AP forceful ride (although still legal).

Will be interesting to see what the handicapper does. If given a handicap mark anything like in tune with his chase form has a great chance in the Centenary. However, it may well be the handicapper will rate Colour Sqadron on hurdles form. In which case less of a chance – but still had potential to improve in that sphere too. So not out of it even if handicapped on hurdles form.

Whether he’ll jump well enough around Cheltenham is another thing.

Value Is Everything
    Participant
    • Total Posts 33016

Darren,
    With same owner’s Sir Des Champs winning well at the weekend, First Lieutenent shortening up for the Ryanair, for which the bookmakers and exchanges now offer a similar price, the latter’s stable companion China Rock drifting badly for the Ryanair on the exchanges…

It seems the decision has already been made to run First Lieutenent in the Ryanair (and China Rock the Gold cup). Particularly as Ryanair looks a weak race if as expected Flemenstar goes for the champion Chase.

Wrong decision for both of Mouse Morris’s horses imo.

Value Is Everything
    Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

Well you all know the jumps isn’t really my game but what racing fan can’t get excited about Cheltenham? My problem with the jumps is that it is SO geared towards that 4 days in March that everything else is essentially a trial for that meeting. But that’s another argument for another day. Having watched, read and learned from the experts on this thread here are my thoughts on a couple of the races:

The Gold Cup

I can’t be having the Irish horses. There doesn’t seem an awful lot between them and a line through Kauto Stone plus the Hennessey result would suggest they have something to find on the leading British contenders. I appreciate that Cheltenham is SDC’s course and Gord’s confidence is quite contagious but I will leave him out.

Long Run has done little wrong really lets be honest. He seems as good as ever this year and his King George win was epic but, strangely enough for a GC winner, he still has something to prove – to me at least. His jumping is not good enough for a horse at the highest level and he was firmly put in his place earlier in the season by Silvi C.

Bob’s Worth is very short for one so inexperienced and I would be worried about his recent problems. It is getting close to Cheletenham to be having these little niggly concerns.

There are three I like –

Silvi C

– has been brilliant this season and just keeps on improving. Considering PN was at pains to point out he would need Saturday’s run AND that better ground would suit, I thought he was fantastic. It is also telling that PN has now decided to run TB in the World Hurdle – a decision seemingly influenced by what happened on Saturday. My only worry, and it is admittedly a big one, how will he handle Cheltenham? He has only ran there once and was beaten convincingly. However he is a different class of animal these days and I think PN and RW know they have something special on their hands.

At bigger prices I have an interest in

The Giant Bolster

and

Imperial Commander

. TGB showed his well being at the weekend and we all know he is a much better horse at Cheltenham. He beat Long Run fair and square last year and yet is a much bigger price. A good ew bet imo. IC is a legend in my book and, whilst his age is against him, he is still lightly raced. NTW was delighted with that comeback run as he had left plenty to work on and I can see him having the class to run a huge race.

The Champion Hurdle

So I have backed the fav

Hurricane Fly

as I don’t think he was right last year and looks a different horse this. I see him coming there swinging at the last and having too much class for the rest. I will admit that someone much cleverer than me has advised an ew on

Countrywide Flame

who loves the track and will be suited by the stronger pace of the CH.

The World Hurdle

Hoping the ground stays tacky as I am on

Reve De Sivola

. What’s not to like about this horse. Tough, genuine over hurdles and goes well at the track. Hoping Henderson sends Oscar Whisky elsewhere but even if he doesn’t and the ground dries out, I still think my one will be a tough nut to crack. My worry would be Monksland.

The Neptune

When NTW says that The New One could be the best he has trained then that is good enough for me. The ground got him beat last time out and he wsa probably up against a decent one (hey Gord?!) so I hope it dries out a bit for him. If it does he will be hard to beat. The Irish horse is a huge danger obviously as is that Melodic Rendevous who keeps on improving but nobody knows which race he will be aimed at.

I have followed Gord in on

Quantativeasing

if only because it took me an hour to work out he was talking about this one after the last Cheltenham meeting and they have clearly been getting his handicap mark down.

That’s all for now!!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Ginge,I know what you’re saying about

Colour Squadron

,being a Mcmanus horse he’s one I’ve watched closely since he purchased him,I also watch the Gigginstown brigade too and as I’ve stated several times on here they have very few poor ones,one of which however is this

Dedigout

and

Colour Squadron

couldn’t even beat him!! A big price for the Jewson at 33/1 though!
    Joni,if someone told me I had to have a Grand on the Gold Cup now it would have to go on

Sir des Champs

at 5/1,he too looked long in his coat on Saturday and you just know his whole year has been geared to it. If

First Lieutenant

goes for the Ryanair I will have a very rare double on both at 40/1.You get your money on ‘Frankel’….I mean ‘The New One’ as I’m only wrong once about a horse! :oops: :oops: :oops:

Viewing 17 posts - 1,701 through 1,717 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.