The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Home Forums Betting Chat – Bets & Tips ‘A KINGS RANSOM’

Viewing 17 posts - 1,684 through 1,700 (of 2,437 total)
  • Author
    darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord any thoughts on the first big turf flat race of the year the
    Lincoln the horse i like is NINE REALMS a unexposed horse from the
    Haggas yard. this a trainer who knows how to get a horse like this ready for a big handicap like this. and i remember it was thought of of running in ST James Palace stakes last year though i think it must be a mistake by Coral to have him at a 5/1. but i like the
    10/1 that Hills and Ladbrokes offer.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

First and foremost this morning I need to apologise to Corm for failing to deliver a Features piece this week,It would be easy to come out with the Cock and bull excuses but I quite simply forgot all about it.I know why and thats because I’ve been pre-occupied sorting other Horsey related things out like trying to get a price on

My Tent or Yours

for the Champion Hurdle and basically getting over the Death of

Darlan

.You can see why I’d be no good doing an Ante-Post column in the Racing Post as I’d have Bruce phoning me up asking "Whats your excuse this week Wilson"? "Oh you were out doing some Ante-Post shopping for yourself you Selfish B*stard"…….."You’re fired"!
    Having read yesterdays very negative Piece in the RP about betting Ante-Post,you can certainly see why Cheltenham has become a tricky hunting ground,we got away with it last year but this years a different story.It will test even me!!

Boston Bob

and

First Lieutenant

and

Cantlow

and

Get me out of Here

all horses doubly engaged! Anyway apologies again David!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord any thoughts on the first big turf flat race of the year the
    Lincoln the horse i like is NINE REALMS a unexposed horse from the
    Haggas yard. this a trainer who knows how to get a horse like this ready for a big handicap like this. and i remember it was thought of of running in ST James Palace stakes last year though i think it must be a mistake by Coral to have him at a 5/1. but i like the
    10/1 that Hills and Ladbrokes offer.

That was another thing I was doing yesterday,snaffling all the 16/1 about

Captain Bertie

winning the Lincoln,I looked at the decs,looked for Gosdens lot then looked for Haggas’s entries and then concluded that Captain Bertie is the horse to beat.Take a look at his ‘Spring Mile’ run………Shocking,a certainty beat.The Professor Robert Winston could have won on it that day!

Captain Bertie

£50 e/w Tote
    £50 e/w Bet365 Lincoln, Doncaster

£12333

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Gord i remember this CAPTAIN BERTIE horse i put in my tipping thread it was 7/1 when tip it just beat FURY and the run before that at Doncaster it got in all sorts of traffic problems. before running on again i agree it got a good chance it does.

Also gord how you rate NINE REALMS chance in race and what you think of coral having it at 5/1. they made a mistake or do they think it is a good thing not sure on why they got it at 5/1

• Total Posts 5

MTOY 20/1 (Hills) to win tomorrow & supreme if your confident Gord!
    :roll:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

MTOY 20/1 (Hills) to win tomorrow & supreme if your confident Gord!
    :roll:

Well spotted "richtheram" Very kind of you to contribute your first post to this thread.Have you read my nonsense before then? :lol:
    I’ve had £25 on at 20/1 on your say so.Dont you find it surprising that the horse that beat

My Tent or yours

the last time they met at Newbury was his Stable companion

Chatterbox

and he’s running in the novice hurdle tomorrow,kind of tells you who should have won the last day and who’s the better horse when you see the Mcmanus horse thrown in the deep end,he’ll go fav for the ‘Supreme’if AP settles him so 20/1 looks generous! Cheers for that!

Anonymous
    Inactive
    • Total Posts 17716

Ha glad to be of assistance!
    Long time forum reader and admirer of your ‘ramblings’!
    I’ve had similar bets which have left me with Bobs Worth 20/1 (Hennesey/Gold Cup)
    and Long Run 16/1 (KG/Gold Cup) but backed MTOY at 20s down to 10s amongst many other AP bets.
    I am by no means a horse racing expert (more footy/golf) but this year will be my 3rd Chelters visit and looking forward to if being a profitable one if MTOY gets us of to a good start!

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Who am I to disagree with Barry Geraghty but for him to come out with "I think

Flemenstar

is different class to

Sir des champs

surprises me,the former may well get the better of todays battle but

Sir des champs

would beat

Flemenstar

everytime around Cheltenham on better ground over any trip imo.As for ‘Cash and Go’ beating next years Champion hurdle winner……. :roll: The E/W bet in the race at the prices has to be

Petit Robin

at 33/1,considering the Henderson factor.

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I have had a couple of interesting e-mails this week suggesting I’m jumping out of the ‘Frying pan into the Fire’ regarding

My Tent or yours

being a Champion Hurdler,its almost as though its a panic reaction to losing

Darlan

this week. All I can say is its well documented on here my thoughts of MTOY and that was well before anything happened to Darlan,as for today I know its a very tough competitive handicap to win but like all Class Horses this one should prove why I rate him a Champion hurdler.I saw his rawness at Aintree,he gave 6lb to a horse who would be rated ‘Different class’ to a handicapper by his trainer in

The New One

,that in itself tells me my fellow is too.I want to see him settle today,for all the Pro’s say Huntingdon taught him nothing I believe the way AP rode him,literally messing with him actually taught him a lot and I want to see it today.One thing Darlan had in abundance was a physical prescence and I take a long hard look at a horses confirmation mostly through Photographs I’ve taken of them,then its all about Scope and what they show on a Racecourse all the time needing to show progression……I see all the same attributes in this fellow too.I’m predicting no 5 length demolition job as I know too well from Doncaster what would have been just that failed tragically! R.I.P

Darlan

,Long Live

My Tent or Yours

My Tent or Yours

£100 e/w 33/1 Corals 2014 Champion hurdle.

£12533

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m totally convinced this

Hadrians Approach

is an RSA horse,he’s been my No 2 selection for the race for sometime now.Today will clear this hazy picture a little I’m sure regarding my No 1 RSA horse and thats

Boston Bob

,I expect a victory today and one that shows why this fellow is so highly regarded,he aint No ‘National Hunt chase’ sort leave that to the one paced ‘Back in focus’ this fellows different class as Barry likes to say.Its a big day today!

Hadrians Approach

£50 e/w 25/1 Corals RSA Cheltenham.

£12633

Participant
    • Total Posts 5577

Who am I to disagree with Barry Geraghty but for him to come out with "I think

Flemenstar

is different class to

Sir des champs

surprises me,the former may well get the better of todays battle but

Sir des champs

would beat

Flemenstar

everytime around Cheltenham on better ground over any trip imo.As for ‘Cash and Go’ beating next years Champion hurdle winner……. :roll: The E/W bet in the race at the prices has to be

Petit Robin

at 33/1,considering the Henderson factor.

Promises to be a cracking race, not the end of the world if Flemenstar beats Sir Des Champs again, won’t happen in March! I’m getting ready to head out there now, haven’t been racing for a good while, and what a day to get back to it with 4 grade 1’s :D

Sir Des Champs
    Flemenstar
    Diakali
    Boston Bob
    Lyreen Legend
    Champagne Fever
    Waaheb
    Our Conor

… and a fantastic hunters chase, with

Mossey Joe

returning to the course! A very good bumper too with Old Kilcash and a promising sort from Gordon Elliott.

Participant
    • Total Posts 65

Gord, short and sweet as i’m on the way out. Have been given a quote from Hills of 66/1 for My Tent or Yours winning next years Champion Hurdle.

Seems reasonable :shock:

MoleHorse
    • Total Posts 127

Needs 2M5F+

You’ll see that today.

Jonibake
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4457

My Tent or Yours – may I be the first to congratulate you! I know you won’t go on about it too much!!! :lol:

Well done mate! Looks a cracker!

"this perfect mix of poetry and destruction, this glory of rhythm, power and majesty: the undisputed champion of the world!!!"

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

Gord any thoughts on Betfair hurdle

Yes Darren I’m thinking shall I go and get a picture of

My Tent or Yours

running away with it! :lol: 5/1 on the machine sounds so much better than 4/1 on the High St too for some strange reason as I know there’s only a point between them……..

Words dont come easy to me I know but ‘Foresight’ is my middle name!
    What started a S*it week and a nightmare scenario ends like a Dream come true! I’ve written 1000’s of words about

Darlan

and nearly the same about this fellow……….And they were all Bang on both times Joni thanks! Have I mentioned a horse I spotted last May yet? He looks like a Guineas winner to me! :lol:

Participant
    • Total Posts 8695

I’m sure you’ll find an outragous price, drop us a PM with the best price would you 8)

Oh dear I may have put my foot in it! I’ve been waiting for a reply from Bet365 since 10am this morning regarding a price on

My Tent or Yours

for next years Champion hurdle and having spoken to them earlier I’m told they will e-mail me with a price before the days out,I’m not very patient when it comes to striking bets and I told them cheekily the Clocks tickin,well there is only 398 days to go.Anyway I get an e-mail tonight at 7.50pm telling me "Having reviewed your account we can offer you 25/1".Thats not generous tonight but after Saturday it will be so I’ll sleep on it! I’m working on William Hills tomorrow so will let you know then!

I hope to God you took the 66/1 OLAS as I was offered 33/1!! No surprise there though eh? :twisted:

darren83
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7871

Well done gord he won well he did the MTOY so lets hope he does not come 2nd next month like Darlan and GMOOH in the supreme in previous years.

Any thoughts on SDC and Boston Bob today as well

And you missed my last question on NINE REALMS as well too.

Viewing 17 posts - 1,684 through 1,700 (of 2,437 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.