The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Long Walk Hurdle 2016

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Long Walk Hurdle 2016

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

Is Ballyoptic fine after his fall? Wouldn’t have won today, but is improving. 25/1 for the World Hurdle seems far too big.

value is everything
    Nathan HughesNathan Hughes
    Participant
    • Total Posts 22225

He got up okay.
    The fall didn’t look bad at all, more a stumble and slide

Member since March 2008
    Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17609

Nice one DB :good:

Until the emergence of Uknowhatimeanharry, I was mad keen on Ptit Zig for this years World Hurdle, but that run from Harry at Newbury had me running for cover. A no bet race for me therefore, and I’ll be hoping for a big run from Zig, to keep my (dwindling) hopes alive.

You couldn’t have put it better VTC. You know I feel the same way about Ptit Zig – I haven’t given up complete hope, but some of the names now being thrown into the WH are starting to make me more pessimistic

We can forget it I think Charlie, not even allowing for Harry, or potential Irish challengers, that was just average today.

CharlesOlneyCharlesOlney
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2050

Very good result that one – NEVER in doubt. Took full advantage of the 6/4 with PP last night.

But it was brilliant to see Ballyoptic get up OK and he got a belting cheer from the crowd which was fantastic to witness.

Venture to CognacVenture to Cognac
    • Total Posts 17609

Too many winners, and those with Lil Rockafeller as well, good stuff all :good:

Not long till March now Graham :yahoo:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7163

I’ve got my ticket for Gold Cup Day Bobby, just wondering if I should try and take in the
    Thursday too. It looks like the Cleeve Hurdle next before Cheltenham. Three months, as we know,
    is a long time in racing, I just hope he can get there in one piece. Fingers crossed :good:

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2676

Some of us also had the third – Un temps pour tout ;-)

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7163

Some of us also had the third – Un temps pour tout ;-)

Nice one MOM at 16/1, that sneaks a slightly better return for you than Harry on the day :good:

Viewing 8 posts - 46 through 53 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.