The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

Long Walk Hurdle 2016

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion Long Walk Hurdle 2016

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • Author
    Racingorchid
    Participant
    • Total Posts 175

I believe harry is potentially top class but the price is too short for me . REVE DE SIVOLA has an unbelievable record in this race and has won on G/S previously , and at the price is the value bet .

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

Harry wins. Lucky for him Ballyoptic fell at the last. Well done backers, I got him wrong.

peter .hpeter .h
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1252

I was bouncing turning for home. I had the tricast on Unowhatimeanharry, Ballyoptic and Lilrockerfella. :wacko:

ZarkavaZarkava
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4708

:( you can perhaps blame Dickie J’s total idiocy by setting a silly pace + not learning from his mistake yesterday

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

Personally, I wouldn’t want to knock Richard Johnson. If anything Ballyoptic was about to run a career best.

DBRDBRDBRDBR
    Participant
    • Total Posts 434

Well, at least some EW money for Lil Rockefeller. Ran a good race, but Unowhatimeanharry is the real deal. A shame that Ballyoptic fell, although I think he would have been second or third.

Middle_Of_MarchMiddle_Of_March
    Participant
    • Total Posts 2674

UN Temps Pour Tout at 14s and the French horse at 7/1

Also did the Alex De Veraldya at 33s for the world hurdle as I reckon if it wins tomorrow they will come back in March.

Un Temps Pour Tout for some each way money.

Now for one of Modus (in the Ladbroke) or Minella Daddy/Another Hero to place would be nice

GingertipsterGingertipster
    Participant
    • Total Posts 26588

Backed Ballyoptic at 12/1 and Unowhatimeanharry as main bets. Would’ve won far more on Ballyoptic but it was a tired fall and Unowhatimeanharry is always a strong finisher. As Stilvi said, Ballyoptic was in the process of a career best – as expected from a strong pace – making it a thorough test of stamina.

Am happy with my 6/1 Unowhatimeanharry for the World Hurdle.

value is everything
    BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7136

I’m pleased and relieved that Unowhatimeanharry has come through this well. I agree Ginger,
    I think Ballyoptic ran a great race, but it did look a tired fall. I’m sure he would have held
    on for a place. Lets hope all goes well between now and the World Hurdle for Harry :good:

raymo61raymo61
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4854

WELL DONE BIG G and others :good: :good: :good:

How much has Harry improved!! Phenomenal!!! :good: :good:

BigGBigG
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7136

WELL DONE BIG G and others :good: :good: :good:

How much has Harry improved!! Phenomenal!!! :good: :good:

Thanks Raymo, I think Harry fry deserves a medal, he transformed the horse. The way he has gone you can’t
    be sure that there’s more improvement to come, although I think he’s good enough as he is. Best priced
    3/1 now for the World Hurdle.

botchy1botchy1
    Participant
    • Total Posts 3666

WD winners, certainly looks the best of the Brits at the moment. Lil Rockerfeller improved again, and with Soft ground wont be beaten out of sight in the WH.

buckers
    Participant
    • Total Posts 495

All systems go now for Cheltenham BigG, it is just a great early season punt. A real shame Ballyoptic fell, but he would not have troubled Harry.

Well done to those of you who were also in the money today.

lionroars
    Participant
    • Total Posts 168

I THOIGHT BALLYOPTIC RAN A BLINDER. I THINK HE WOULD HAVE GIVEN THE FAV A RACE ON THE RUN IN. HE LOOKED BEAT WHEN WEST APPROACH LOOMED UP AND TOOK A NARROW LEAD FROM HIM. BUT HE SAW WA OFF. SO THINK EVERY CHANCE WITH THE FAV. BOTH WERE AT IT OVER THE LAST. WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT TO SEE THE TUSSLE THOUGH.

stilvi
    Participant
    • Total Posts 4525

I THOIGHT BALLYOPTIC RAN A BLINDER. I THINK HE WOULD HAVE GIVEN THE FAV A RACE ON THE RUN IN. HE LOOKED BEAT WHEN WEST APPROACH LOOMED UP AND TOOK A NARROW LEAD FROM HIM. BUT HE SAW WA OFF. SO THINK EVERY CHANCE WITH THE FAV. BOTH WERE AT IT OVER THE LAST. WOULD HAVE BEEN GREAT TO SEE THE TUSSLE THOUGH.

It is guesswork but I think he would have been second. He was about three lengths up over the second last and fractionally in front over the last. I think better ground at the Festival would be more in his favour than the winner and more importantly he might also get an easier lead. I think both horses would have had pretty hard races and Ballyoptic might benefit from a nice break.

Viewing 15 posts - 31 through 45 (of 53 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.