The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2,000gns ante post market

Home Forums Horse Racing 2,000gns ante post market

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • Author
    Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

I’ve got some ante bets on the 2,000gns at big prices that I want to lay off for a profit.

I know that if I wait until day of race market I can’t contra my potential winnings on the ante-post market.  I’d therefore need to deposit thousands to cover my liabilities – even though they would only be on paper.

When do you think they will change the ante-post market into a day of race market?

Presumably I can wait until after the 48 dec but I don’t want to leave it too late!

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

The day of race market will appear on BF shortly after final day decs on the morning of 3rd May. 5-day decs are on 30-Apr. If you are fairly sure your selection is going to be a runner on the day then I would lay off after the 5 day decs are made next Monday but if you are unsure about running plans then I would lay off this week as by the end of the weekend we should be clearer about who ISN’T running so it will be virtually impossible to lay off a runner whose trainer has declared him a NR.

Adrian
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1041

Thanks David – very helpful.  I know it will run so want to leave as late as possible.  Interesting that the market will change just after the 3rd May.  That isn’t what I wanted to hear.

Will have to see if Betfair will let me load a few thousand off my Switch for the weekend!

davidbrady
    • Total Posts 3901

Just to be clear – the day-of-race market on Betfair will be available ON the 3rd May at around 11 o’clock. The ante-post market will be closed by Betfair for a short time before that (at 10 o’clock that morning according to the market rules on BF) so you will need to lay off an ante-post bet before 10 o’clock on 3rd May

Good luck anyway.

Viewing 4 posts - 1 through 4 (of 4 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.