The home of intelligent horse racing discussion
The home of intelligent horse racing discussion

2000 Guineas 2024

Home Forums Big Races – Discussion 2000 Guineas 2024

Tagged: 

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 257 total)
  • Author
    greenasgrass
    Participant
    • Total Posts 7364

It’s a pity that the son of the great Minding won’t get a chance at Newmarket Classic glory like his dam, but commercial needs must- as FF says, he’s got the wrong daddy.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1713

Interesting race for a Tuesday evening at Southwell 530.
    NIGHT RAIDER is seen out again after a scintillating effort first up over c+d.
    I put a few sheckles on him for the 2000 at 40/1 for the helluvit.
    Will get a good deal more experience here up against the disappointing(?) Acomb fav COGITAL who may have just had an off day and could still be smart.
    Skybet boosted NR to evens to win by 2 or more lengths. Trying to reel me in.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1713

OMG it’s Wednesday

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6633

City of troy may go for the Travers stakes on dirt after the guineas and Derby

He’s 20/1 for the breeders cup classic

mickeyjp
    Participant
    • Total Posts 1614

Strange river tiber not heading to the guineas. Henry heading for France mind you then maybe the French Derby and no doubt river tiber and Unquestionable head for the curragh. Great chance for others if both city of troy and Henry l are not at the curragh.

Participant
    • Total Posts 1713

I’m on at 20’s FF, can’t find anything for the Travers but he’s in the Kentucky Derby at 16/1, something that isn’t in their plans, maybe put off by that horrible race MENDELSSOHN had.
    AOB lusts for the BC classic, hopefully COT can be the ‘one’.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

Anyone seen Henry Adams?

Blackbeard to conquer the World

Participant
    • Total Posts 1766

That was an absolute shocker. I know he missed a prep race but he was tailed off seemed to hate the dirt.

"Life is timeless, days are long when you're young"

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

It’s what happens when you put a boat into a horse race

• Total Posts 14921

Bump

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

Hannon does like a trial before a guineas.. I’d have it as a slight negative

“We have made the call that due to the unbelievable amount of rain we have had over the past months, Rosallion will not have a prep run and will head straight to the 2000 Guineas in May. It has been a tough decision for both myself and his owner Sheikh Mohammed Obaid Al Maktoum, but with the ground as testing as it currently is, a run now would be too hard for him to recover in just 2 weeks.

Rosallion has been in great form at home and we have given him 2 away days now where he has looked very impressive. He is fit and well and we are confident that he goes to Newmarket ready to take his chance.”

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6633

The big negative for rosallion is that it doesn’t look like the rain is going to stop

Any soft in the going and it’s hard to see him getting involved

If it was gd or gd to firm he’d have a cracking chance

FinalFurlong91
    Participant
    • Total Posts 6633

I see they are racing on good ground today at Newmarket

I was expecting it to be soft

Maybe this shows just how much they usually water these flat tracks

If the ground stays like this Rosallion becomes a big threat to city of troy

He showed an electric turn of foot in the lagadere whereas city of troy looks more of a galloper

Participant
    • Total Posts 73

IBERIAN accounted for two future Group 1 winners when landing the Champagne Stakes at Doncaster. He was a below-par second favourite on soft ground in the Dewhurst, but his trainer has always suggested he would be seen to greater effect on better ground, which he encountered just once during his juvenile campaign when making a successful debut at Newbury.

He is available at 25/1.

This guy is a machine. All he does is work out and pick winners. Talk about fit. You should see him without his shirt off, serious side of beef.

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

Henry Adams didn’t finish last yesterday
    9/4 2nd fav…. wow

Participant
    • Total Posts 1766

Just pipped to last by the 100/1 shot.

"Life is timeless, days are long when you're young"

Participant
    • Total Posts 31537

Still holds a Guineas entry
    I would think Aidan may use him as a pacemaker but that would be hard for a horse that lacks pace
    Henry is fast becoming a favourite of mine. That debut where he took 13 smacks set alarm bells ringing
    No Nay Never’s are not known for their longevity so despite Aidan calling him a mature baby I don’t hold much hope

Viewing 17 posts - 69 through 85 (of 257 total)
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.